Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm

-Titanium Dioxide 9.45, Octinaxate 4, and Zinc Oxide 0.98 -Vita Bright Capsules: Even skintone.-Vitamin Tree Fruit: Brightens skin.-Snow Lotus: Brightens and soothes.-Nordenau Water: Moisturizes.Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PhenylTrimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butyl Avocadate, Disodium EDTA, Cananga Odorata Flower Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Water, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Propyl Gallate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

I picked up a sample of this from my Sephora. This is quite a thick bb cream and I would recommend using something other than your fingers to blend it (I use a blending sponge). It has nice coverage and looks smooth on the skin. It does sink into my laugh lines a bit throughout the day. Overall I do like it though, if the shade happens to suit you

on 10/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Alright, so awhile back I wrote a review about the Detox BB from Dr Jart+ being my holy grail and not needing to ever try another BB again, and frankly if I hadn't been gifted this I wouldn't have bothered. Move down the bench Detox. This product is absolutely divine. It's a little bit better suited for my oily skin than the Detox, and it's paler which is perfect because the Detox was a little too dark. I mix these BB's in with my foundations to make them creamier, and because these BB's do a beautiful job of giving a natural skin finish. They blur pores, control oil, don't break me out, AND prevent my foundation from separating. AHH!

You get so much product for the cost it's obscene. While the product is a little too pink and dark for me to wear on it's own, I totally would if it came in a "vampire" shade rather than just "fair". The squeeze tube is a little nicer than his other BB packages with the pump because it's a little less bulky and better suited for travel.

These products have a nice light texture, feel nice gliding onto the skin, don't catch on dry patches, work wonderfully as a primer or mixed in. They are lovely on their own too! No detectable fragrance, have never aggravated my cystic acne, or my sensitive skin either. I am a die hard Dr Jart+ fan and considering how much I love this BB, I'm going to start trying his skincare. Because I've loved everything so far!

on 7/2/2015 10:25:00 AM

I like everything about this except the color. I just think it's kind of crazy these things come in only one shade. I am lightish, coolish olive (but with a slight summer tan at the moment) and this mostly works on me as it does oxidize a bit, plus bronzer + blush, but it's still a smidge too light.

This definitely smooths and blurs my large pores very well and provides great coverage, exactly the amount I need/prefer. It definitely conceals redness but if you have a lot of scars or blemishes it might not work for you. It gives a really lovely skin-like finish with a glow, does not feel heavy on the skin, hasn't broken me out, and seems to last all day (but I haven't tested it in serious makeup-melting conditions). I've only been using it for about a week, so haven't noticed any skin-enhancing effects but I am skeptical of all BB/CC's that claim this tbh. I would say this is better for oilier skinned people. Definitely keeps the oilies at bay more than most foundations I've tried.

EDIT: yikes, I think this did break me out. Knocking off a lippie :(

on 1/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

This is by far the best BB/CC/Tinted Moisturizer I've ever used. I lump them because they all do the same thing as far as appearance goes, and I've tried so many. This BB truly does blur and even out skin tone. I have bigger pores on my inner cheeks that I try hard to blur and this product absolutely does the best job of any product I've tried. It is not oily at all, so be sure to be well moisturized. I'm a little confused & worried about it being only one shade, because I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ditch it come late spring/summer. But for now, it is exactly the perfect shade for my natural skin tone. Highly recommended.

on 12/21/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Why didn't anyone tell me about this stuff? OMG?! File this under "surprise of the year". I received a sample from sephora a few days ago and I used it on a whim. WOW! This stuff covers zits and marks better than **anything** that I have ever used. It's a little light and very slightly chalky (very slightly) but after I put a little powder on I was looking great! This is a gift and I will take it! I just ordered the full size bottle with glee!! Ho! Ho! Ho! It's going to be a Merry Christmas. (If I get it by then).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I almost always prefer a moderate coverage liquid foundation over the bb cream trend, but sometimes I come across a bb cream that is foundation-ish (IT Cosmetics). I've tried the black label and dis-a-pore so far from this brand, as the subscription boxes love to throw these in. I don't feel like my pores are huge and typically don't seek out pore refining products, but have had extremely oily skin over the past year or so and feel these kinds of products may help!

I did like the texture of this bb cream as it was very creamy and soft on the skin. I didn't break out or experience any sensitivity to it, but I didn't feel it changed the appearance of my pores one way or another. The color is extremely light (I'm NW 30-ish), but very blend-able where it wasn't a huge problem. However, I did find it to look WAY nicer with a liquid bronzer or highlight mixed into it! I think Dr Jart overall makes decent beauty balms, but this one just seems like one of the more useless ones offered by this company as it is quite light, expensive, and does not change the appearance of pores. If you are into bb creams, check out Dr. Jart's other choices that are maybe more beneficial to your skin type!

on 9/7/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is an okay BB cream but nothing to write home about. I did not notice any difference in the texture of my skin, moisture, pore-size, or how it controlled oil. It just felt like a face cream and was a bit thick.

This is very light as well and I am NW20. I wouldn't recommend this to darker women as this was even too light for me. I ended up using this more as a sunscreen under my mineral foundation this summer.

Not worth $36.