4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 months ago

I got this BB cream because I was looking for something quick and easy to apply with decent coverage and spf. I mostly found that here. I'd tried a sample of another Dr. Jart BB cream but picked this one for full size because it seemed more appropriate for oily skin types (I'm combo normal-oily). It turns out it is easy to apply (use my fingers) and gives medium buildable coverage. It's spf 30, which is good but honestly I'd like something higher (the other Dr. Jart BB cream is spf 45). My main issue with this product is that it only lasts a couple of hours and is pretty much gone by the end of the day. I want to use it up - I was going to say I won't repurchase but just checked the Dr. Jart site and it's not on there, so perhaps discontinued!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

HairBrunette

4 months ago

This has become my holy grail "foundation." I originally bought this because I wanted a BB cream for summer that would be quick to apply, and work with my super oily and acne prone skin. Surprisingly, it has great medium coverage for a foundation (I would say it's the highest coverage of any BB cream I've tried) and gives a nice healthy look to the skin. I use it almost every day instead of heavier actual foundations - it feels lighter on my skin, I know it has better ingredients than a comedogenic full coverage foundation, and most importantly IT DOESN'T BREAK APART!! ON MY OILY AREAS!! Trust me this is a huge feat. I've never found a foundation that didn't break apart on my extremely oily areas so now this is my daily foundation of choice. I'm paranoid it'll go out of stock so I actually have a backup always. I do powder this because I wear it for about 12 hours (very long work hours for me), but for a more normal wearer I would say you can go without. It also looks great with a full face, including cream or powder bronzers. My only annoyance is the price + the fact that it's getting harder to find. Not sure if Dr. Jart+ is planning on discontinuing but stock seems to vary everywhere.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

4 months ago

I have yet to find another foundation/bb cream that can top this. it's easy to apply, covers your pores and flaws, and it's super matte which I love. you wont feel any oilyness. although it's not very long lasting. I have combo to semi oily skin, i would say it holds up well for around 4 hours. but still so far the best I can find. only downside is, i normally apply this bb cream with my bare hands, and I noticed that you need a lot of soap to wash it off your hands. theres some sort of water/soap repelling substance that makes it difficult to wash off your hands. which means you will probably need to put in extra effort when you wash your face. if they have a similar formula that comes in a compact cushion form, I would LOVE it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

I've been using this BB cream for a few years, and it's my favorite foundation by far. It's creamy but not oily and blurs imperfections and large pores remarkably well, even with finger application. My only complaint is that the lightest shade isn't light enough for the fairest skin. For this reason, I don't use too much and only use it where needed, not on my entire face. I then cover with a lighter-shade mineral powder from Everyday Minerals and am satisfied with the natural-looking result.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

One tube lasts a really long time. Coverage is buildable. Does not cause breakouts but I find that I get whiteheads building up on my chin if I do not exfoliate or mask on a weekly basis. Color is not great for Asian skins, as it has a greyish undertone. I look ghostly after application. This can also get quite dry in winter months and I noticed lines around my eyes when it gets cold and dry. However as I do not wish to waste money, I use this in summer months, apply a mattifier and use a more normal colored mineral make up powder to cover and set.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

HairBlack

2 years ago

I have sensitive, dry, acne prone skin. This doesn’t cause me any reactions whatsoever and gives lovely light coverage. The first B.B. cream/foundation I have happily bought twice. It is expensive in Australia, but worth it for me! A little goes a long way

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I use this product as part of a primer cocktail I apply prior to my foundation (whether liquid or powder). I find that it effectively works with my other products to help reduce the appearance of pores around my nose and on my chin. Prior to this I used a Korean product that has since become difficult to purchase but have found this to be quite good. Not enough to be used (by me) as a stand alone foundation I still appreciate it's blurring capability and consistently repurchase it. A bit pricey but it takes awhile to go through this tube.

About reviewer (484 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

I tried the black label BB Cream, and found that it was too thick and sticky and left me feeling shiny and heavy. I have been wearing this product all week to make sure that it lives up to its first impressions. My skin is sensitive and prone to shine on the forehead. OMG it's amazing! First can we talk about the price?! $36 for 1.7 oz? That's close to half what you would pay per oz for any other foundation at Sephora. The coverage is perfect, enough that I can wear it anywhere and be confident that I look amazing, but so natural, I never feel overdone. I usually want my foundation to provide medium coverage and I love the airbrushed look. This gives me everything I could want. I have a problem finding foundation light/cool enough and the light shade is perfect on me. I have worn it both with an without primer (Dior) and while I noticed a slight a difference, I'm selective when I use the primer. On a normal week day, it's not necessary. On a Friday, for example, if I have to put makeup on early in the morning for work, but want it looking good still for dinner plans later, the primer adds just enough kick to keep it looking pristine for 12+ hours. Coming out of the tube, it looks a little thick, especially if you're used to a liquid foundation. Don't be scared! I use the pro featherweight complexion brush from Sephora to apply and it glides on beautifully with minimal blending. It's so refreshing to put on. It feels like cool water being brushed on my face. Top everything off with the vitamins and sunscreen of a BB Cream and this is a dream come true.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

This is my new HG BB cream, which replaces my Lioele Triple Solutions. This stays on my oily, sweaty skin for up to 7+ hours and it has a light-medium coverage that can be layered. I use the shade light-medium which matches my NC20 complexion. I like to rub the product between my fingers and then gently dab/press the product into my skin to reduce my redness and scars. My skin looks effortlessly natural and even toned so I will repurchase this awesome product again!

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I picked up a sample of this from my Sephora. This is quite a thick bb cream and I would recommend using something other than your fingers to blend it (I use a blending sponge). It has nice coverage and looks smooth on the skin. It does sink into my laugh lines a bit throughout the day. Overall I do like it though, if the shade happens to suit you

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age19-24