e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

4.4

Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Steareth-21, Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Diozide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).

on 5/11/2018 6:38:00 AM

This was dirt cheap (I purchased from iherb) and not bad at all. I use 2,3 pumps for all over my face. It leaves a soft matte look. I can't say it works wonders as sometimes I can't really tell that much of a difference when using it with or without MAC strobe, but it's a nice cheap alternative if you want to use a primer.

on 5/8/2018 12:16:00 PM

This is a good item for undereyes. It is a very lightweight lotion with a pale pink tint so the color helps a bit with concealing. I have oily skin and can't use a heavy moisturizer under my concealer, so this is perfect. The pump works well--it doesn't dispense too much product when pressed, though a tube would allow less product waste. I can't tell if it's extending the wear of my concealer, but it's not making it worse and makes it go on easier.

Hell no!

This made any and every concealer I put on top apply so patchy! (this includes Colourpop, Milani retouch+erase, Maybelline fit me, and LA Girl pro conceal)

It didn't matter if I didn't wait for the primer to set before applying concealer, or if I waited 10 minutes, or 30 minutes, or even hours, my concealer would apply so patchily!

I think this problem is due to how sticky it is - it just ends up grabbing onto the concealer in certain spots, and the concealer won't blend properly.

I honestly don't know why I seem to be the only one with this problem.

on 11/25/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been using this undereye primer for years it's does keeps my under eye looking great, it stays in place and works well with any under eye concealer and guss what? It has a pump. this primer is one of ELF'S Hits . definately not a miss . it does what it's supposed to do .definately recommend this under eye primer.

on 11/25/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is really GOOD! Honestly I was expecting it do be a total fail and do nothing. It was cheap and I was placing a big order on E.L.F brushes when they had their 50% off the entire site and the reviews looked very good on ULTA, so for $3.00 I picked up a couple of them. It makes my concealers go on so much easier, and really helps with creasing and they stay put without baking it on. I have fine lines under my eyes and baking always seems to accentuate them. The one thing I did not expect was that it makes my skin under my eyes look so much better. I'm reluctant to use under eye creams with concealer because sometimes it can tend to make it slide around but with this, it doesn't and my under eye area looks great when I take off my makeup. No irritation, no stinging, it feels nice and refreshing unlike the E.L.F. Illuminating Eye Cream which is junk in my opinion, and burned really badly. LOVE IT! I love it so much I just added a few more to my ULTA bag before I checked out. A great product to stick in my makeup gift baskets for friends and co-workers.

Benefits:

Infused with Vitamins C & E, Shea, green tea, aloe, and ginkgo biloba to nourish and condition the skin
Sheer, silky smooth texture reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and wrinkles

The one thing that I don't really like is the ingredient list.... but it works for me, it doesn't irritate and my eyes look better so I'm not going to complain that I would like to see the Vitamins C & E, Shea, green tea, aloe, and ginkgo biloba higher on the list. I'm not a chemist so I leave that up to them. For all I know if those were higher up I might not like it as much.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Steareth-21, Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Silica, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow wow wow!!! I have thin, crepey under eyes that always crease with concealer. I was at Ulta and saw this, just thought it would help with my problem. I was shocked when I applied it for the first time. It feels like an eye cream and immediately gets rid of my creases! It is moisturizing but not greasy, does not pill up, it is just perfect!!!! Plus it comes with a pump! And for the price! You honestly just need to run out and buy this. I am already telling my mom, grandma and everyone I know to get this. Good job E.L.F! Thank you for making such great yet affordable products!!

on 7/8/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a surprisingly fantastic cream! Never would I think for the price (very inexpensive) that this cream/primer would work sooo much better than most of my high end brands! It moisturizes, reduces puffiness and smoothes out most fine lines. It's a great base for applying concealers. The packaging itself is clever- slim, black, shaped as a perfume atomizer, with pump action. Its excellent for travel! A defin repurchase!

on 6/5/2017 4:24:00 PM

I've been using this for some time now and I am very pk eased with it. I have very dry, very thin skin under my eyes, so finding products that won't worsen the problem is a right task, let me tell you. I read a review by a woman of my age who said this prevented her concealer from creasing. Since this is ridiculously cheap, I thought, why not?

Well, that reviewer was not kidding. This really prevented my concealer from creasing. I now use it over over my Vichy Lifeactiv eye serum and under my Maybeline Instant Age Rewind concealer and my under eye skin looks fresh and stays fresh for a long time. I got two and I hope they never discontinue this.

on 5/24/2017 8:08:00 AM

Its cheap and it works and its nice. Wouldnt buy again though.

I'm not 100% sure how much I need this product. I do love the way it feels on my skin, and a little goes a really long way. My under eye area is not super dry, but I do like the plumping factor the hydration gives to my fine lines. I would buy this at least once more before making a final decision whether to continue using it. The packaging is easy to use and well designed. One pump does both eyes for me.