E.L.F. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

E.L.F. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

4.6

Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Steareth-21, Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Diozide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow wow wow!!! I have thin, crepey under eyes that always crease with concealer. I was at Ulta and saw this, just thought it would help with my problem. I was shocked when I applied it for the first time. It feels like an eye cream and immediately gets rid of my creases! It is moisturizing but not greasy, does not pill up, it is just perfect!!!! Plus it comes with a pump! And for the price! You honestly just need to run out and buy this. I am already telling my mom, grandma and everyone I know to get this. Good job E.L.F! Thank you for making such great yet affordable products!!

on 7/8/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a surprisingly fantastic cream! Never would I think for the price (very inexpensive) that this cream would work sooo much better than most of my high end brands! It moisturizes, reduces puffiness and smoothes out most fine lines. It's a great base for applying concealers. The packaging itself is clever- slim, black, shaped as a perfume atomizer, with pump action. Its excellent for travel! A defin repurchase!

on 6/5/2017 4:24:00 PM

I've been using this for some time now and I am very pk eased with it. I have very dry, very thin skin under my eyes, so finding products that won't worsen the problem is a right task, let me tell you. I read a review by a woman of my age who said this prevented her concealer from creasing. Since this is ridiculously cheap, I thought, why not?

Well, that reviewer was not kidding. This really prevented my concealer from creasing. I now use it over over my Vichy Lifeactiv eye serum and under my Maybeline Instant Age Rewind concealer and my under eye skin looks fresh and stays fresh for a long time. I got two and I hope they never discontinue this.

I'm not 100% sure how much I need this product. I do love the way it feels on my skin, and a little goes a really long way. My under eye area is not super dry, but I do like the plumping factor the hydration gives to my fine lines. I would buy this at least once more before making a final decision whether to continue using it. The packaging is easy to use and well designed. One pump does both eyes for me.

on 5/24/2017 8:08:00 AM

Its cheap and it works and its nice. Wouldnt buy again though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through about 3 bottles of this stuff now. It was the first under eye primer I've ever tried, and I have since accumulated Smashbox's Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer (great product) and Revlon's Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener (not great). Of the three, Smashbox feels the most like a true "primer" in terms of prepping for under eye concealer. E.L.F.'s primer feels more like an under eye moisturizer, but I do still enjoy it since it does make me feel as though the overall look of my concealer is better when using this product than without. I usually apply a face primer first, let it set for a few minutes, and then apply this and let it set for several minutes as well. When I first purchased this about 6-7 months ago, I noticed a review on here that suggested mixing this with foundation to improve longevity--so I also tend to do that from time to time too. Truthfully, applying any eye cream would probably work just as well (which I also do). I just find it very convenient in terms of packaging (pump) and price point! I usually keep skin care products in my bathroom vanity and makeup in my bedroom, so keeping this in my bedroom almost reminds me to apply another eye cream or something. I always grab these when there's a sale on E.L.F. products at my drugstore!

on 4/26/2017 5:36:00 PM

If you told me this was a $30 primer, I'd believe it. I'm 39 with fine lines and have problems with concealer settling. This feels like a super nice non-greasy eye cream going on. No strange stickiness, no tint, the skin just feels well hydrated. My concealer glides on over it. Not totally thrilled with the ACTUAL ingredient list. As in, the real ingredients in the order that they are listed in (rather than the very tiny concentrations of the good stuff that this stuff boasts about having). But for just a few dollars, this is worth the 5 star rating,

on 4/26/2017 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Edit: I recently got a large 2 oz free sample of curel hydra therapy moisturizer (a water activated moisturizer that contains mineral oil. It's great as a primer (apply dry and use a very small amount to prevent a greasy or silky feeling, and it feels more like silicone than lotion). Since I like multipurpose products, I have been reaching for this, alittle more than The ELF product. Right now, my preference is Curel; EHUP; PC moisture boost; ELF eye cream is last because of the cooling effect.
------------

Stephano35's review caught my eye and convinced me to buy this. He wrote that he liked to mix it with foundation for a more natural, less cakey look. I mix mediums with my foundation/concealer also (cinema secrets palette 3 for my NC 30-35 olive Asian skin) and I typically use CS primer or CS moisture spray, this is an in between medium in weight and feel, and it's certainly cheaper and easier to get. There are some days when I want more full coverage, some days when I don't and this is in between). I am prone to hives and milia and this is doesn't give me any issues. I am a fan of elf products (I feel virtuous when a less expensive brand works on my face) and I don't mind mineral oil or petroleum (I use Paula's choice moisturizers and facial products which also contain mineral oil or petroleum). If you object to these ingredients, this is not for you,

Note: when I was at the store to repurchase this, the elf SA told me she used the elf illuminating eye cream as primer instead of this product. So I bought both products and got very similar results. (The ingredients that I think contribute to the primer function are in my review of the eye cream.

Basically primer has glycerine, mineral oil and dimethicone.
My skin has no reaction to primer as bottom layer or mixed with foundation on combination skin face

Eye cream has dimethicone, jojoba and glycerin
My skin had a very slight cooling sensation or tingle which subsided
Eye cream mixed well with foundation
This eye cream doesn't exacerbate my under eye milia because it's not super rich.

Paula's choice moisture boost has jojoba, petroleum, dimethicone
No reaction to cream on skin. Mixed with my cinema secrets foundation and performed fine as underlayer.

Basically, this primer worked as well if not better than much more expensive primers or the more expensive PC moisture boost. The product didn't oxidize.

Note: I do not apply foundation concealer or primer on my oilier t zone. I also don't use primer even eye primer on the eye lid. If i need some traction for eye shadow, I might faintly dust with powder before shadow application.

on 4/26/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'll be honest: I don't know how much this prevents my concealer from settling into lines. But that doesn't mean it's not good - quite the opposite. I have a weird combination of very oily eyelids, and then a dry and sensitive under eye area. I always apply an eye cream before makeup, but some concealers just seem to suck all the moisture from my skin and leave my undereye area looking dry as the Sahara desert within mere hours anyway. Since I've used this primer, that hasn't been the case. I have a feeling that it helps lock in the moisture a bit, on top of being quite rich in itself. Combined with a concealer that is quite emollient yet liquid-y (currently stuck on Lumene's Beauy base under eye concealer), my eyes look fresh all day long. It has a kind of funny, sticky consistency that becomes very silky on the skin. It's a pale pink, though I don't know if it's actually brightening, as the description claims.

I wouldn't buy it for the big claims of "nourishing benefits of vitamins, shea, green tea, aloe, and Gingko Biloba". But if you have a dry undereye area (that can still be oily), I think this is a real find.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Nice packaging with a pump
+ Lives up to its name. It doesn't dry out my skin, but rather hydrates and locks moisture in, giving me a really nice canvas to work with.
+ Very affordable

- Has mineral oil quite high up on the ingredient list
- The beneficial ingredients that is boasted about in the description are at the very bottom, which makes me wonder if they really add anything to the product

so I use a face primer already but I get dryer under eye and so I got this to see I didn't notice any difference longer in day time.it was half off so I got it for 1.25 only was worth it for 2 of them I do recommend .check it blonde25 have more pics over on there