e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer

4.5

Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Steareth-21, Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Diozide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).

Hell no!

This made any and every concealer I put on top apply so patchy! (this includes Colourpop, Milani retouch+erase, Maybelline fit me, and LA Girl pro conceal)

It didn't matter if I didn't wait for the primer to set before applying concealer, or if I waited 10 minutes, or 30 minutes, or even hours, my concealer would apply so patchily!

I think this problem is due to how sticky it is - it just ends up grabbing onto the concealer in certain spots, and the concealer won't blend properly.

I honestly don't know why I seem to be the only one with this problem.

on 11/25/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been using this undereye primer for years it's does keeps my under eye looking great, it stays in place and works well with any under eye concealer and guss what? It has a pump. this primer is one of ELF'S Hits . definately not a miss . it does what it's supposed to do .definately recommend this under eye primer.

on 11/25/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is really GOOD! Honestly I was expecting it do be a total fail and do nothing. It was cheap and I was placing a big order on E.L.F brushes when they had their 50% off the entire site and the reviews looked very good on ULTA, so for $3.00 I picked up a couple of them. It makes my concealers go on so much easier, and really helps with creasing and they stay put without baking it on. I have fine lines under my eyes and baking always seems to accentuate them. The one thing I did not expect was that it makes my skin under my eyes look so much better. I'm reluctant to use under eye creams with concealer because sometimes it can tend to make it slide around but with this, it doesn't and my under eye area looks great when I take off my makeup. No irritation, no stinging, it feels nice and refreshing unlike the E.L.F. Illuminating Eye Cream which is junk in my opinion, and burned really badly. LOVE IT! I love it so much I just added a few more to my ULTA bag before I checked out. A great product to stick in my makeup gift baskets for friends and co-workers.

Benefits:

Infused with Vitamins C & E, Shea, green tea, aloe, and ginkgo biloba to nourish and condition the skin
Sheer, silky smooth texture reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and wrinkles

The one thing that I don't really like is the ingredient list.... but it works for me, it doesn't irritate and my eyes look better so I'm not going to complain that I would like to see the Vitamins C & E, Shea, green tea, aloe, and ginkgo biloba higher on the list. I'm not a chemist so I leave that up to them. For all I know if those were higher up I might not like it as much.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Steareth-21, Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Ascorbic Acid (Vc), Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Silica, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow wow wow!!! I have thin, crepey under eyes that always crease with concealer. I was at Ulta and saw this, just thought it would help with my problem. I was shocked when I applied it for the first time. It feels like an eye cream and immediately gets rid of my creases! It is moisturizing but not greasy, does not pill up, it is just perfect!!!! Plus it comes with a pump! And for the price! You honestly just need to run out and buy this. I am already telling my mom, grandma and everyone I know to get this. Good job E.L.F! Thank you for making such great yet affordable products!!

on 7/8/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a surprisingly fantastic cream! Never would I think for the price (very inexpensive) that this cream/primer would work sooo much better than most of my high end brands! It moisturizes, reduces puffiness and smoothes out most fine lines. It's a great base for applying concealers. The packaging itself is clever- slim, black, shaped as a perfume atomizer, with pump action. Its excellent for travel! A defin repurchase!

on 6/5/2017 4:24:00 PM

I've been using this for some time now and I am very pk eased with it. I have very dry, very thin skin under my eyes, so finding products that won't worsen the problem is a right task, let me tell you. I read a review by a woman of my age who said this prevented her concealer from creasing. Since this is ridiculously cheap, I thought, why not?

Well, that reviewer was not kidding. This really prevented my concealer from creasing. I now use it over over my Vichy Lifeactiv eye serum and under my Maybeline Instant Age Rewind concealer and my under eye skin looks fresh and stays fresh for a long time. I got two and I hope they never discontinue this.

on 5/24/2017 8:08:00 AM

Its cheap and it works and its nice. Wouldnt buy again though.

I'm not 100% sure how much I need this product. I do love the way it feels on my skin, and a little goes a really long way. My under eye area is not super dry, but I do like the plumping factor the hydration gives to my fine lines. I would buy this at least once more before making a final decision whether to continue using it. The packaging is easy to use and well designed. One pump does both eyes for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through about 3 bottles of this stuff now. It was the first under eye primer I've ever tried, and I have since accumulated Smashbox's Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer (great product) and Revlon's Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener (not great). Of the three, Smashbox feels the most like a true "primer" in terms of prepping for under eye concealer. E.L.F.'s primer feels more like an under eye moisturizer, but I do still enjoy it since it does make me feel as though the overall look of my concealer is better when using this product than without. I usually apply a face primer first, let it set for a few minutes, and then apply this and let it set for several minutes as well. When I first purchased this about 6-7 months ago, I noticed a review on here that suggested mixing this with foundation to improve longevity--so I also tend to do that from time to time too. Truthfully, applying any eye cream would probably work just as well (which I also do). I just find it very convenient in terms of packaging (pump) and price point! I usually keep skin care products in my bathroom vanity and makeup in my bedroom, so keeping this in my bedroom almost reminds me to apply another eye cream or something. I always grab these when there's a sale on E.L.F. products at my drugstore!

so I use a face primer already but I get dryer under eye and so I got this to see I didn't notice any difference longer in day time.it was half off so I got it for 1.25 only was worth it for 2 of them I do recommend .check it blonde25 have more pics over on there