Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizer

Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizer

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methicone, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Water\Aqua\Eau, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of several different brands' primer samples I received which gave me a chance to compare them all and see which worked best. I used this some years back, long before I had any idea about silicones and how they were almost always the culprit behind my breakouts. I used Smashbox on a Friday evening just before applying makeup and heading out for the night. Repeated this on Saturday too. By Monday my skin was a mess - flaky, bumpy and some downright painful pimples. I had no idea what caused it until I used the other samples and found the same reaction with more or less all of them. Now I only use a primer no more than once weekly which is about all my skin can tolerate.

The pros: makeup did glide on very well and stayed put for the rest of the night. You also don't need to apply much which makes it quite economical to use.

To be on the safe side it's worth investing in a sample size first. Most people don't have a problem with silicones but it's always worth checking.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful.I can't apply it in my face.There are small pieces in my face after I apply my make up.Now that is summer it doesn't stay more than 3 hours.At least I bought it 10 euros less.Don't recommend.Buy the light one.

on 4/21/2018 10:31:00 PM

I've always used Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector in Invisible Light and it's been my holy grail of pore miimizing primers. I'll wait until Clinique has a good GWP and buy a couple. When I visited my local CCO last week they were having a 50% off sale so I decided to give the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer a go because they were out of stock on my Clinique Instant Perfector. I'd always heard good things about the Smashbox primer but was always hesitant because of the price tag. Now, it's interesting to note in case anyone is interested in comparing the prices, technically when looking at full retail price the Smashbox is cheaper! The Clinique Instant Perfector is $22 for only 0.5 oz but the Smashbox is $39 for 1.0 oz. So I suppose the incentive for me to keep purchasing the Clinique is for the GWP?! At this point it doesn't really matter WHICH primer I buy because.....

.........I compared the ingredients between the two primers...they are almost EXACTLY the same, with only 1 or two slight differences. So not only is the price comparable so are the ingredients. And another interesting tidbit, NYX's Pore Filler has most of the same ingredients as well so that might be worth trying as well especially since it's a LOT less expensive than the Clinique or Smashbox pore minimizers. I also researched a few other primers...it's very interesting how so many of the same kind of products from different companies have so many of the same ingredients!

Overall, I really do love the Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer, and if you like the Clinique Instant Perfector you'll definitely like this Smashbox primer as well. It wears well, stays matte for the day and doesn't have an offensive smell at all which is a plus for me. It does blur my pores a bit like the Clinique Instant Perfector and hasn't broken me out at all. LOVE!!!!

on 1/29/2018 2:24:00 PM

It really helps the makeup cover the pores but it doesn't make them smaller. I think it lasts for hours and with my makeup(la roche posay for oil skin) my skin is smooth and looks nice and matte.

on 1/24/2018 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works really well to reduce oiliness on my T-zone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product clogged my pores on m t zone where I applied it unfortunately. It did seem to blur and fill my pores but it is not worth it to me if it breaks me out. Now have to try to get rid of the 5 bumps/zits it created. I have sensitive combo oily skin fyi

on 12/9/2017 3:22:00 AM

I have really oily skin(even though My profile says combination, I dont know how to change it) with a LOT of deep pores. I’ve tried a few primers and this One makes my skin smooth without pores and makes my makeup stay a lot longer! I recommend this to everyone with oily skin!!

on 10/24/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really wanted to like this primer but it just wouldn't work for me. I'm a fan of the original smashbox primer but wanted to give this a try as I have oily skin and to smooth my pores. This primer made the texture of my foundation super cakey and made my skin really oily within a few hours. Plus it made me break out in spots. Won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Although this, like all SB primers, are AMAAAAZING (I honestly spend the whole day touching my face because I feel sooooo silky) it didn't have a HUGE effect on my pores. I noticed a small difference because I was looking for it, but generally nothing huge. Will defos buy SB primer again but maybe the green one.

on 7/28/2017 12:41:00 AM

I wanted to find a primer that would at least blur or hide the sight of my pores. This was a great option for me as it appeared to hide them without drying out y skin.

I do find that my pores are less apparent when I use this but unfortunately they do tend to reappear towards the end of a work day after much oil has penetrated through.

I still like this primer as many primers of this type do tend to block my pores. This one has performed well.