Maybelline Color Sensational MATTE

Maybelline Color Sensational MATTE

4.2

-Isononyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Erucate, Silica, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax / Cire Microcristalline, Synthetic Wax, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, PEG-45 / Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Benzyl Alcohol, Mel / Honey / Miel, Parfum / Fragrance, (May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake).

on 2/14/2018 2:23:00 PM

I bought these lipsticks at Target for under $6 at Target before tax. I bought Clay Crush, Almond Rose, Touch of Spice, Red Revival, Red Ruby, and Toasted Truffle. I love these lipsticks. Very creamy matte and very comfortable. The only one out of these lipstick that is not matte formula is Red Revival. Love it.

on 2/13/2018 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I looveee touch of spice. The color is perfect for fall, but it's also wearable in other seasons as well. The texture is smooth and not draggy at all. It dries down matte and lasts a long time. The packaging doesn't feel cheap, and it has a slight perfume-y smell that doesn't really bother me. A good value lipstick that works great.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Divine wine is a rich shade.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have this in 660 Touch of Spice and 655 Daringly Nude.

Daringly Nude is a gorgeous colour and a nice, comfortable formulation - thing is, it is a little sheer and tends to settle in my lip lines within an hour or so, and not even lipliner helps this. This colour also transfers quite a bit.

Touch of Spice, on the other hand, lasts for ages and goes on more or less opaque. It looks good for quite a while and doesn't settle into my lips. Maybe the darker colours in this line have better lasting power? I would buy Touch of Spice again, but not Daringly Nude, which is unfortunate, because Daringly Nude is an amazing everyday, office-friendly colour. Ah, well.

on 10/25/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is SUCH an underrated lipstick, and after years of searching I have finally found a beautifully creamy, MLBB nude (Daringly Nude: 655). The packaging is sturdy enough (no cracks or chips after a year and a half) and the scent is a light vanilla which dissipates (smells just like Covergirl's Wetslicks that I used religiously in middle school so I'm partial to the scent). The formula is super creamy and doesn't settle into lines if I don't put on lip balm before hand. The pigment is awesome. My favorite thing about these is that I can rub my lips together whenever I have this on! It's not drying and remains super comfortable. This isn't transfer proof but doesn't fade terribly. I think I paid $6 or so at ULTA, and I am on the hunt for the next shade out of this line that I would like to try!

I'm in love with this lipstick. Love it, love it, love it. It is really creamy, it is like putting silk on your lips. It lasts for hours, does not leave your lips dry and it is really comfy. Amazing

i'm surprise there's no reviews for the Maybelline Matte lipstick.
I've always disliked wearing lipstick, maybe because of the wrong colours, or the shine/attention it gives off.
Recently I purchased my first matte lipstick from MAC and I really liked the colour, stay and texture it added to my appearance. I've used it and I'm down to 20% of the lipstick, so I started searching for an alternative brand that provided the same results at a lower price.
There were many places to order lipstick including online, big box stores, beauty professional stands etc.; i decided to go to walmart since it's one of the places that sells for the best prices. The downfall is not all the products are available, they are often out of stock. I wanted to test each brand/colour against my skin before making the decision to purchase.
A few results included Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick which had a shine to it! There were sparkles in the lipstick and I read high reviews but I didn't like the shine, even though it was labeled matte. The other brands didn't have the nude colours that I like or they cost a bit more than the Maybelline new York Color Sensational Creamy Mattes.
I found the maybelline brand had a matte effect. There was a colour that was very similar to the MAC colour that I liked. There was a sale on, which cost $7 CND. each so I bought two! The packaging isn't that great, but the quality of the lipstick is amazing! I bough a nude and a dark brown and wore it on. I ate dinner and snacks and still had the lipstick on! I'm not sure if it's due to the dark colour where it stayed on my lips or if it's a good product. My lips are almost always dry, so at first when I placed it on, my lips were all chipped. After having it on for a few hours now, it seamed to have moisture my lips. Keep in mind, I always have dry lips and rarely wear chap stick.
Overall, I really love my purchase, the colours, the results of the product on me. I don't know if I'll spend $20 on a MAC lipstick again, unless there's a colour that maybelline does not have. They don't have a wide range of matte colours but for a person like me, trying to be minimalist, it's enough.

The quality is excellent. Now you'll just need to find that perfect colour for you.

on 5/1/2017 1:45:00 AM

Depending on the pigmentation in your lips, I wouldnt go too light in the shades offered in the range as those do not perform as well as deeper shades. The formula is lovely. Long-lasting enough, a hair drying, but nothing traumatic (like what liquid lipsticks do.) The texture is very dimethicone-based.
I enjoy a lot of the colour ranges from the original line & from the inti-mattes.
My favourites are Touch of Spice and Naked Coral. Shades also seamlessly mix together. I terribly want Raw Chocolate...

Love these lipsticks, I currently have Touch of Spice and Lust for Blush, both of which I think compliments my pale skin. Touch of Spice is my go to everyday lippie, as I find it very buildable and can achieve a natural look with this by using one layer over my lip balm. I have to admit after buying Lust for Blush I did think it was going to be a bit too purple for a natural look but with a light layer of this you can definitely pull off a rosy, flushed lip. Definitely plan on buying some of the other shades, affordable and lasts a while as long as you let the lipstick set on your lips.

on 1/18/2017 4:00:00 PM

I have it in Touch of Spice, Clay Crush, and Daringly Nude. Love, love, love the colors of this line! TOS is a mauvey purplish brown, while CC has that reddish brown hue. The staying power is amazing even after eating, and it has a nice mashmallow-y scent to it when you open the tube.

However, I think I got a bad tube of Daringly Nude. When it sets on my lips after a minute or two, it looks flaky and cracked even when worn alone or on top of a lip liner. :( Real bummer since the color is the perfect light pinky brown on me. I'm torn between buying another tube or just buying one of the pretty close dupes
that I found in MAC and Makeup For Ever (a LOT pricier though).