Burberry My Burberry

Burberry My Burberry

2.7

on 3/26/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

On me, the opening smells like Dawn dish soap. As it unfolds, it smells too masculine on me- I like masculine scents, but this was just too much for me. Not my style at all.

on 3/26/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a nice fruity floral, but it's a bit too heavy on the musk for me. It's almost masculine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This perfume is designed to smell like a London garden after the rain, and I would say with that in mind it's a very close smell to natural flowers. This is extremely long lasting and 2 sprays will be enough to linger on your skin and clothes. Gorgeous crisp scent!

on 11/16/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have worn Burberry classic for years-I gave this new one, based on the "Burberry Trench" a try in Ulta. Yikes. Strong. For me it was one note, very sharp, like Tide detergent. I'm not able to describe fragrance like so many reviewers, but this is absolutely a pass.

on 10/18/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Two star, meritorious but not innovative or even excellent for its genre, would not wear it personally. If I wore it, it would be distinctly not memorable, except as an example of department store rose patchouli, overly sweetened to comport with modern taste.

The only reasons why I stopped to try it were the words: kurdjian and rose patchouli. It is strong and tenacious on the skin, so if you work in an office or with people who are scent averse, proceed with caution. The release with the custom engraved bottle is a nice touch or an annoying marketing ploy depending on your sensibilities.

If you are a fan of kurdjian and patchouli rose, I would recommend lumiere noire instead of this fragrance as a touch more complex and relatively 'darker.' However lady vengeance, LN, and Guerlain rose Barbare - all kurdjian roses- are still too sweet and bright for me. Burberry is a relative bargain compared to other luxury niche sweet, ostensibly dark, modern rose chypres or chypre orientals, like guerlain rose nacre (which I think is more sweet/gourmand than dark). Kurdjian also did Narcisco Rodriguez musc oil (I like the original oil, not the perfume).

If you do not limit yourself to a Kurdjian dark" rose or dark rose chypres, there are excellent alternatives to My Burberry in a variety of price points: FM Une Rose (greener, evocative of wine) l'artesan voleur de roses (plum rose patchouli); agent provocateur (in the pink egg - relatively not gourmand and unsweetened ); the bitter aromatics elixir; the overpowering Nahema; rochas tocade (synthetic vanilla rose) ; gres cabaret (cedar rose) perles de lalique (woodsy incense rose) or FM POAL; EL knowing (slightly animalic rose)and EL private collection (more pine); ungaro diva splash (ambered rose); l'arte di gucci; rose Barbare; caron Or et noire, pour une femme, or N'aimez moi; paloma Picasso mon perfume; amouage lyric man or woman; andy tauer's une rose chypre or incense rose; serge lutens MKK, Fumerie Turque, rose du nuit or the fruity wine like fille de berlin; the indolic Schiaparelli shocking; and, the mossy Avon to a wild rose. I did a brief summary of rose chypre or patchouli rose (which I assume is a modern rose analog) comparisons in my review of Heeleys hippie rose.

on 9/6/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yey im first to review this. Lol~ There was a fragrance booth of My Burberry (EDP) in the mall in town today, so I think it should be launched this September in Singapore. As I walked by the booth, am liking the classy florals that whiffs in the air. Half an hour later I made a comeback to the booth & tested some spritz. Though it is in a different fragrance category than my usual preference of Oriental / Musky / Vanilla vibes, it still has a classy lure. I deviated into statement-florals lately (ie Balenciaga's Florabotanica) so im appreciating the florals in this. I don't like weak nondescript fragrance, and this has that boldness albeit floral notes, and a certain unique pizzazz. Hello to my new daily scent!
EDIT : oh, it's inspired by burberry's iconic trenchcoat, therefore the tortoiseshell bottle-cap resonating the trenchcoat's belt buckle.