Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Burberry My Burberry

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't like strong powdery scents, I tend to go for gourmand ones (i.e. La vie est belle) but this got my attention.
The packaging it's gorgeus, fancy, and looks incredible on my vanity. I don't know how to really describe the scent, but the longevity of this is amazing (about 9h). Kinda expensive, but I find it perfect for autumn, paired with a scarf and black boots.

on 1/25/2017 2:39:00 PM

I'm a fan of Burberry fragrances, I haven't come across one I didn't enjoy, and this one is no exception. It is one of my current favorites. It smells like a country-side garden after a rainfall...it has that nostalgic, cool misty vibe to it. I love that. Romantic, graceful and sophisticated, but also laid-back and comfortable. Versatile enough for all year round wear, just not for hot, sweaty days. Timeless clean scent. Females of all ages and from all walks of life would enjoy this. It lasts around 6 hours on me, and the throw is moderate, which is fine for everyday wear. 'My Burberry Black' (it's flanker) is superior in terms of longevity, that one lasted over 12 hours on me with a bigger throw, but it's missing that misty, nostalgic feel that I fell in love with in the original, so I'm sticking with this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I did not expect to like this scent. I was pleasantly surprised with how well it smells on me. I hated the other scents by Burberry and assumed this would end up at the back of my closet. I really wanted to try a new Spring/Summer scent and transition from heavy winter fragrances. Well, I like the scent and the packaging is rather cute. I would agree with the original description... It's like after a quick rain shower without a heavy musk.

Oh and it will last ALL day. I worry about spraying too much perfume at work because people have so many allergies. I spray one dash in the center of my back and off I go. I really enjoy My Burberry very much.

Not that it really needs additional staying power, but has anyone tried the shower gel? I noticed that it is not readily available. I noticed it was in stock at Ulta but not Sephora or Nordstroms.

on 3/26/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

On me, the opening smells like Dawn dish soap. As it unfolds, it smells too masculine on me- I like masculine scents, but this was just too much for me. Not my style at all.

on 3/26/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a nice fruity floral, but it's a bit too heavy on the musk for me. It's almost masculine.

on 1/9/2015 11:58:00 AM

The top notes of this perfume are apparently sweet pea, bergamot, and mandarin orange. When I spray this on, I instantly feel sophisticated. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and has a cute little bow on it that looks like it came from one of those Burberry trenchcoats. It's sweet, floral, clean, and feminine. I think it also reacts well to my skin, but I wish that it had more staying power. Two spritz and after a few hours, it fades. Thankfully, there is a slight lingering smell after a ten-hour work day. I think this scent is wearable throughout the year, but I see it as a fall or winter fragrance. I think it warms me up a bit, but it's not overpowering. It is very rare for me to finish a perfume bottle, but I am almost through with a 1.0 Oz bottle of this. I have already purchased a backup.

This perfume is extremely expensive. The other Burberry fragrances are often on sale or discounted at drugstores, but I have only seen this fragrance at specialty retailers like Ulta. The pricing is as is: $72 for 1 oz, $95 for 1.7 oz, and $125 for 3 oz. I cringe at the price tag for a small bottle. If you are deciding between another fragrance by Burberry, try checking out Burberry Brit. It has a fall/winter vibe, but is cheaper than this one. Overall, this is a lovely scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This perfume is designed to smell like a London garden after the rain, and I would say with that in mind it's a very close smell to natural flowers. This is extremely long lasting and 2 sprays will be enough to linger on your skin and clothes. Gorgeous crisp scent!

on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

(EDIT: See 2/8/16 Addendum at the bottom -- I've changed my mind on the below review to liking it, and I upped my lippies from 2 to 4.)

A fresh, light, sweet, crisp-ish floral scent -- but I generally have never favored this type.
In fact, I'm so unfamiliar with straight-up florals that at first I had trouble realizing that "flowers" was what I was smelling -- my first impression (test-spritz by SA) was of a dry crisp fresh-cut plywood type scent, and I quickly dismissed it and walked away. Nope, after reading reviews, I guess the My Burberry scent consists mostly of fresh flowers -- with some sweet bergamot (lemon-ish) on top.

Type-wise, it reminds me a lot of Chloe EDP -- that type of light, fresh, crisp-yet-sweet floral bouquet -- prickly & sharpish & nose-poking -- without much in the way of warmth, musk, smoothness, or grounding basenotes. It stays in the upper register -- sheer & fresh. Garden-y or flower-shoppish, I suppose (but I'm not really into flowers).

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Sweet pea, Bergamot
Heart Notes -- Geranium leaf, Freesia, Quince
Base Notes -- Patchouli, Damascus rose, Rosa centifolia

I prefer my florals to be rounder, with more musk, vanilla, or sandalwood to warm them up and smooth them out. This is rather a fresh-picked, prickly, pointy, crisp type of floral -- it contains a lot of sweet pea, rose, & freesia -- plus that leaf note probably adds some edginess.

Burberry's original Burberry Classic (pebble-bottle) and Brit EDP have been holy grails for me (both contain vanilla), but I haven't much liked any of their other launches.

ADDENDUM 3/12/15: My Burberry made Allure's "best of" list. Figures. Everybody seems to enjoy these fresh "prickly" types of floral perfumes except me.

ADDENDUM 2/8/16: I just saw in a recent magazine that this is a favorite of daytime talk show hostess Wendy Williams. The EDT was pictured in the photo -- she says it smells "delicious". Her runaway favorite for men is Tom Ford Italian Cypress -- and she also loves Bond No 9 Dubai Indigo, for men & their women to share also.

So, inspired by Wendy Wiliams, I pulled out my bottle of My Burberry EDP and tried it again before bed over the weekend -- and the drydown on my skin the next morning was, in fact, delicious -- warm, slightly sweet, musky, sensuous, and just GOOD! So now I'm wearing my EDP today. I'm finding that it's sheer and fresh, yet it does have some sweetness and warmth and skin-muskiness in the drydown. I've just upped my lippies from 2 to 4.

It took awhile, but now I do like My Burberry EDP, thanks to smelling it on myself the morning after applying. I do a lot of perfume testing that way -- I sniff it on my hands/wrists the next morning, immediately before I've had a chance to remember what I put on the night before, and that gives me a "blind" smell-test, in a way.

on 10/18/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Two star, meritorious but not innovative or even excellent for its genre, would not wear it personally. If I wore it, it would be distinctly not memorable, except as an example of department store rose patchouli, overly sweetened to comport with modern taste.

The only reasons why I stopped to try it were the words: kurdjian and rose patchouli. It is strong and tenacious on the skin, so if you work in an office or with people who are scent averse, proceed with caution. The release with the custom engraved bottle is a nice touch or an annoying marketing ploy depending on your sensibilities.

If you are a fan of kurdjian and patchouli rose, I would recommend lumiere noire instead of this fragrance as a touch more complex and relatively 'darker.' However lady vengeance, LN, and Guerlain rose Barbare - all kurdjian roses- are still too sweet and bright for me. Burberry is a relative bargain compared to other luxury niche sweet, ostensibly dark, modern rose chypres or chypre orientals, like guerlain rose nacre (which I think is more sweet/gourmand than dark). Kurdjian also did Narcisco Rodriguez musc oil (I like the original oil, not the perfume).

If you do not limit yourself to a Kurdjian dark" rose or dark rose chypres, there are excellent alternatives to My Burberry in a variety of price points: FM Une Rose (greener, evocative of wine) l'artesan voleur de roses (plum rose patchouli); agent provocateur (in the pink egg - relatively not gourmand and unsweetened ); the bitter aromatics elixir; the overpowering Nahema; rochas tocade (synthetic vanilla rose) ; gres cabaret (cedar rose) perles de lalique (woodsy incense rose) or FM POAL; EL knowing (slightly animalic rose)and EL private collection (more pine); ungaro diva splash (ambered rose); l'arte di gucci; rose Barbare; caron Or et noire, pour une femme, or N'aimez moi; paloma Picasso mon perfume; amouage lyric man or woman; andy tauer's une rose chypre or incense rose; serge lutens MKK, Fumerie Turque, rose du nuit or the fruity wine like fille de berlin; the indolic Schiaparelli shocking; and, the mossy Avon to a wild rose. I did a brief summary of rose chypre or patchouli rose (which I assume is a modern rose analog) comparisons in my review of Heeleys hippie rose.

on 9/29/2014 8:57:00 PM

Got whiffs of this at the mall and the salesperson spayed some on me.. Absolutely gorgeous... strong and lasts. My clothes and wrist still smell of this baby even after 1 day... after a lot of activity! Very floral..the final notes reminds me of estee lauder`s pleasures but my only gripe is the price .. i suppose becos the perfume content is very concentrated it justifies the high price... the salesperson even offered to engrave my name on the bottle as a promotional gimmick... so the bottle is a keeper!

Popular Fragrances