Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Burberry My Burberry

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually don't buy any more 'high street' fragrances (with exception of Chanel's Allure which is my trademark scent and i like to have a bottle of it in my stash), usually going with independent brands like Byredo, Aesop or Penhaglion's but I was travelling so trying to pack really light I went through my samples jar and popped a tiny spray vial of this into my toiletries bag. What a wonderful discovery! Now I'm back in Europe (I came back from some proper hot, subtropical climates where this fragrance applied in the evening was making me feel special even in sandals and a simple dress + earrings combo) and I had to have it!

This is an adult fragrance hands down. My friend calls such fragrances, after I bought the very first Prada perfume when with her in Sephora years ago, 'the fragrance you are NOT going to wear when you're going skiing'. A very good description and I'm pretty sure my 20something nose would not enjoyed My Burberry like my 40 year old one does.

'My Burberry' it is extremely feminine, flowery, quite sweet but also spicy. I'm very glad it comes courtesy of Francis Kurkdjian because I like his fragrances for his own line but this is way less expensive. Still quite a hefty price for a high-street fragrance! It was also difficult to find, most big department stores in Edinburgh or even Boots do not stock anything from Burberry! The bottle is made of a very hefty piece of glass (it arrived in a very bulky packaging when I finally found it at John Lewis on line) and contains very little juice in comparison with the size of the bottle (I went for 50 ml EDP), I don't care that much about the lid's design as I usually loose these somewhere anyway. To me it is simple yet too opulent, I prefer a very discreet branding so I guess I'm not Burberry's target client haha!

One or two sprays is enough, the fragrance lasts on me about 3-4 hours, then it does not change, it simply weakens and disappears. It has freesia and bergamot in it and maybe that is why I'm enjoying it so much. Plus, it reminds me about some very happy days in warm weather on a beautiful tropical island so until I go on my next 'holiday of a lifetime' with a new fragrance in the toiletries bag, I'll be wearing this to mentally transport myself to some more relaxed days.

on 1/25/2017 2:39:00 PM

I'm a fan of Burberry fragrances, I haven't come across one I didn't enjoy, and this one is no exception. It is one of my current favorites. It smells like a country-side garden after a rainfall...it has that nostalgic, cool misty vibe to it. I love that. Romantic, graceful and sophisticated, but also laid-back and comfortable. Versatile enough for all year round wear, just not for hot, sweaty days. Timeless clean scent. Females of all ages and from all walks of life would enjoy this. It lasts around 6 hours on me, and the throw is moderate, which is fine for everyday wear. 'My Burberry Black' (it's flanker) is superior in terms of longevity, that one lasted over 12 hours on me with a bigger throw, but it's missing that misty, nostalgic feel that I fell in love with in the original, so I'm sticking with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the strongest parfum I own. Can only spray two sprits (any more way to strong) and it lasts literally all day. I prefer the smell of Burberry Body & Si by Giorgio Amarni but nothing is as strong or lasts better than this My Burberry Parfum. I agree it does sell clean and fresh but settles on me with earthy woody undertones. I have owned this bottle for so long and it will honestly last me forever! Because you only need to use so little.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is not my usual sort of fragrance, not that I have a usual, but I'm not a fan of fruity florals, which is what I thought this was, except it isn't. While rummaging through a ltitle collection of samples I came across this and spritzed on a tissue. At first I thought - oh no way! - the opening was so sweet and fruity - but then it changed, and within ten minutes I had a spritz on my arm, and within an hour I had ordered a bottle. Once you get past the blast of sweetpea, which I now find charming because it doesn't last long, the heart is a fresh floral, mainly freesia and rose to my nose, and the whole thing has a very classical feel, I think from the leather backbone. Although it has a cocktail of fruit listed in its notes, I perceive citrus notes in the opening and cassis in the heart, except that's not one of the notes listed. Passionfruit is, so it could be that - something a little tart - which I much prefer to sweet. I think it really captures the brief of a London garden and the classic trenchcoat style. The longevity is very good and sillage is light to moderate. I feel very comfortable wearing this to work in an office and equally it's interesting enough for me to reach for it on weekends/for casual wear. I feel it will be a staple in my fragrance wardrobe for a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Regrettably, I really don't like this. Burberry is one of my favorite fragrance houses of all. I love Burberry, Burberry Brit, Burberry London, Touch, Touch for Men, and of course my beloved Burberry the Beat. And I love rose fragrances, so I thought I would love a very rosy Burberry scent, similar to Burberry London perhaps???

Wrong. This is a very prickly, powdery rose. Very classic and traditional, but I don't like that type of scent. I prefer the rose notes in my fragrances to be either sweeter and/or darker and more well-rounded and full-bodied. Burberry said this fragrance should smell like an English Garden after rain, and they succeeded in capturing that concept in this fragrance very well, but sadly, it just is too prickly and springlike for my less literal more moody fragrance tastes, Good but very linear, not to my personal liking, but I like most every Burberry fragrance, Really what I miss here is the classic Burberry woodsy base that, with some small differences in each one that just make each one and individual lovely piece of art, all of the aforementioned fragrances and most every other perfume by Burberry contain. My Burberry is a very snappy rosy sharp green floral with no bottom. Moderate sillage, but the fragrance lasted pretty well on me, though I have heard and read many others complain that it has very weak throw and even weaker lasting power on their skin.

on 3/26/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a nice fruity floral, but it's a bit too heavy on the musk for me. It's almost masculine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This perfume is designed to smell like a London garden after the rain, and I would say with that in mind it's a very close smell to natural flowers. This is extremely long lasting and 2 sprays will be enough to linger on your skin and clothes. Gorgeous crisp scent!

on 11/16/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have worn Burberry classic for years-I gave this new one, based on the "Burberry Trench" a try in Ulta. Yikes. Strong. For me it was one note, very sharp, like Tide detergent. I'm not able to describe fragrance like so many reviewers, but this is absolutely a pass.

on 9/30/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My Burberry Eau de Parfum was launched in the US in August 2014, the fragrance was created by Francis Kurkdijan. List of notes include bergamot and sweet pea in the top, heart notes of freesia, quince and geranium, the base is roses and patchouli. When I sampled My Burberry I was intrigued by the beautiful bottle design and usually Burberry launches are interesting. That said, My Burberry left me quite underwhelmed. It reminded me of numerous recently launched fruity florals, and while I liked it when sprayed in the air, I did not really care for it on my skin. I received several samples and after I found out that Kurkdijan was the nose behind My Burberry I took the time to try it on several occasions. To my nose, I am sad to say that it was clearly lacking originality and complexity. Nothing wrong with it, it smells nice, but a bit boring. And it is clearly too expensive to be used as an air freshener, so no purchase from me. On the plus side, I found its lasting power was quite good. 1.6 oz spray $95, 3 oz $125, Body Mist $42.

on 9/29/2014 8:57:00 PM

Got whiffs of this at the mall and the salesperson spayed some on me.. Absolutely gorgeous... strong and lasts. My clothes and wrist still smell of this baby even after 1 day... after a lot of activity! Very floral..the final notes reminds me of estee lauder`s pleasures but my only gripe is the price .. i suppose becos the perfume content is very concentrated it justifies the high price... the salesperson even offered to engrave my name on the bottle as a promotional gimmick... so the bottle is a keeper!

Popular Fragrances