Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Burberry My Burberry

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't like strong powdery scents, I tend to go for gourmand ones (i.e. La vie est belle) but this got my attention.
The packaging it's gorgeus, fancy, and looks incredible on my vanity. I don't know how to really describe the scent, but the longevity of this is amazing (about 9h). Kinda expensive, but I find it perfect for autumn, paired with a scarf and black boots.

on 3/6/2017 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I could rate this one 3.5 stars...I like it just a bit more than average but it's also not my go-to scent.

This is a musky, but soft perfume. One a scale of masculine(1) to feminine(10), I'd rate this about a 7. It is a mature female scent for sure, but not "old" and thankfully not powdery. I would say it's a confident, suit-wearing kind of smell. Overall it's a very smooth and slightly florally musk, not harsh at all and still feminine enough for regular wear in moderation.

This is a strong perfume at face value but doesn't last more than 2 hours or so on me sadly. I keep a small vial of this in my desk at work to freshen up now and again. I usually prefer sweeter perfumes overall but I like the option of this more "serious" scent.

on 9/4/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

There's only one thing that comes to my mind when smelling this fragrance: the way my gran's dogs smelled after she had sprayed them with perfume! Not a great thing to do to a dog but there it is. This is very strong with soapy rose abd musk and the musk is probably where the underlying dog scent comes from. Musk scents tend to smell a bit cheap to me and that's exactly the case with this one, too.

on 3/26/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

On me, the opening smells like Dawn dish soap. As it unfolds, it smells too masculine on me- I like masculine scents, but this was just too much for me. Not my style at all.

on 1/9/2015 11:58:00 AM

The top notes of this perfume are apparently sweet pea, bergamot, and mandarin orange. When I spray this on, I instantly feel sophisticated. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and has a cute little bow on it that looks like it came from one of those Burberry trenchcoats. It's sweet, floral, clean, and feminine. I think it also reacts well to my skin, but I wish that it had more staying power. Two spritz and after a few hours, it fades. Thankfully, there is a slight lingering smell after a ten-hour work day. I think this scent is wearable throughout the year, but I see it as a fall or winter fragrance. I think it warms me up a bit, but it's not overpowering. It is very rare for me to finish a perfume bottle, but I am almost through with a 1.0 Oz bottle of this. I have already purchased a backup.

This perfume is extremely expensive. The other Burberry fragrances are often on sale or discounted at drugstores, but I have only seen this fragrance at specialty retailers like Ulta. The pricing is as is: $72 for 1 oz, $95 for 1.7 oz, and $125 for 3 oz. I cringe at the price tag for a small bottle. If you are deciding between another fragrance by Burberry, try checking out Burberry Brit. It has a fall/winter vibe, but is cheaper than this one. Overall, this is a lovely scent.

on 11/23/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is very pleasant, I bought it after trying it, it is a sweet floral. Nothing harsh or detergent like in My burberry. It isnt crisp nor dry to my nose!?
It goes on rather bold, but the floral notes are rather soft in the end, nothing blasting there...the drydown is creamy, smooth...
It is stylish. Easy to wear, charming too..
Nothing out of this world, but a pretty Floral..very much like Flora Gucci EDP.

on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

(EDIT: See 2/8/16 Addendum at the bottom -- I've changed my mind on the below review to liking it, and I upped my lippies from 2 to 4.)

A fresh, light, sweet, crisp-ish floral scent -- but I generally have never favored this type.
In fact, I'm so unfamiliar with straight-up florals that at first I had trouble realizing that "flowers" was what I was smelling -- my first impression (test-spritz by SA) was of a dry crisp fresh-cut plywood type scent, and I quickly dismissed it and walked away. Nope, after reading reviews, I guess the My Burberry scent consists mostly of fresh flowers -- with some sweet bergamot (lemon-ish) on top.

Type-wise, it reminds me a lot of Chloe EDP -- that type of light, fresh, crisp-yet-sweet floral bouquet -- prickly & sharpish & nose-poking -- without much in the way of warmth, musk, smoothness, or grounding basenotes. It stays in the upper register -- sheer & fresh. Garden-y or flower-shoppish, I suppose (but I'm not really into flowers).

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Sweet pea, Bergamot
Heart Notes -- Geranium leaf, Freesia, Quince
Base Notes -- Patchouli, Damascus rose, Rosa centifolia

I prefer my florals to be rounder, with more musk, vanilla, or sandalwood to warm them up and smooth them out. This is rather a fresh-picked, prickly, pointy, crisp type of floral -- it contains a lot of sweet pea, rose, & freesia -- plus that leaf note probably adds some edginess.

Burberry's original Burberry Classic (pebble-bottle) and Brit EDP have been holy grails for me (both contain vanilla), but I haven't much liked any of their other launches.

ADDENDUM 3/12/15: My Burberry made Allure's "best of" list. Figures. Everybody seems to enjoy these fresh "prickly" types of floral perfumes except me.

ADDENDUM 2/8/16: I just saw in a recent magazine that this is a favorite of daytime talk show hostess Wendy Williams. The EDT was pictured in the photo -- she says it smells "delicious". Her runaway favorite for men is Tom Ford Italian Cypress -- and she also loves Bond No 9 Dubai Indigo, for men & their women to share also.

So, inspired by Wendy Wiliams, I pulled out my bottle of My Burberry EDP and tried it again before bed over the weekend -- and the drydown on my skin the next morning was, in fact, delicious -- warm, slightly sweet, musky, sensuous, and just GOOD! So now I'm wearing my EDP today. I'm finding that it's sheer and fresh, yet it does have some sweetness and warmth and skin-muskiness in the drydown. I've just upped my lippies from 2 to 4.

It took awhile, but now I do like My Burberry EDP, thanks to smelling it on myself the morning after applying. I do a lot of perfume testing that way -- I sniff it on my hands/wrists the next morning, immediately before I've had a chance to remember what I put on the night before, and that gives me a "blind" smell-test, in a way.

on 10/18/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Two star, meritorious but not innovative or even excellent for its genre, would not wear it personally. If I wore it, it would be distinctly not memorable, except as an example of department store rose patchouli, overly sweetened to comport with modern taste.

The only reasons why I stopped to try it were the words: kurdjian and rose patchouli. It is strong and tenacious on the skin, so if you work in an office or with people who are scent averse, proceed with caution. The release with the custom engraved bottle is a nice touch or an annoying marketing ploy depending on your sensibilities.

If you are a fan of kurdjian and patchouli rose, I would recommend lumiere noire instead of this fragrance as a touch more complex and relatively 'darker.' However lady vengeance, LN, and Guerlain rose Barbare - all kurdjian roses- are still too sweet and bright for me. Burberry is a relative bargain compared to other luxury niche sweet, ostensibly dark, modern rose chypres or chypre orientals, like guerlain rose nacre (which I think is more sweet/gourmand than dark). Kurdjian also did Narcisco Rodriguez musc oil (I like the original oil, not the perfume).

If you do not limit yourself to a Kurdjian dark" rose or dark rose chypres, there are excellent alternatives to My Burberry in a variety of price points: FM Une Rose (greener, evocative of wine) l'artesan voleur de roses (plum rose patchouli); agent provocateur (in the pink egg - relatively not gourmand and unsweetened ); the bitter aromatics elixir; the overpowering Nahema; rochas tocade (synthetic vanilla rose) ; gres cabaret (cedar rose) perles de lalique (woodsy incense rose) or FM POAL; EL knowing (slightly animalic rose)and EL private collection (more pine); ungaro diva splash (ambered rose); l'arte di gucci; rose Barbare; caron Or et noire, pour une femme, or N'aimez moi; paloma Picasso mon perfume; amouage lyric man or woman; andy tauer's une rose chypre or incense rose; serge lutens MKK, Fumerie Turque, rose du nuit or the fruity wine like fille de berlin; the indolic Schiaparelli shocking; and, the mossy Avon to a wild rose. I did a brief summary of rose chypre or patchouli rose (which I assume is a modern rose analog) comparisons in my review of Heeleys hippie rose.

on 9/6/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yey im first to review this. Lol~ There was a fragrance booth of My Burberry (EDP) in the mall in town today, so I think it should be launched this September in Singapore. As I walked by the booth, am liking the classy florals that whiffs in the air. Half an hour later I made a comeback to the booth & tested some spritz. Though it is in a different fragrance category than my usual preference of Oriental / Musky / Vanilla vibes, it still has a classy lure. I deviated into statement-florals lately (ie Balenciaga's Florabotanica) so im appreciating the florals in this. I don't like weak nondescript fragrance, and this has that boldness albeit floral notes, and a certain unique pizzazz. Hello to my new daily scent!
EDIT : oh, it's inspired by burberry's iconic trenchcoat, therefore the tortoiseshell bottle-cap resonating the trenchcoat's belt buckle.