Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Burberry My Burberry

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually don't buy any more 'high street' fragrances (with exception of Chanel's Allure which is my trademark scent and i like to have a bottle of it in my stash), usually going with independent brands like Byredo, Aesop or Penhaglion's but I was travelling so trying to pack really light I went through my samples jar and popped a tiny spray vial of this into my toiletries bag. What a wonderful discovery! Now I'm back in Europe (I came back from some proper hot, subtropical climates where this fragrance applied in the evening was making me feel special even in sandals and a simple dress + earrings combo) and I had to have it!

This is an adult fragrance hands down. My friend calls such fragrances, after I bought the very first Prada perfume when with her in Sephora years ago, 'the fragrance you are NOT going to wear when you're going skiing'. A very good description and I'm pretty sure my 20something nose would not enjoyed My Burberry like my 40 year old one does.

'My Burberry' it is extremely feminine, flowery, quite sweet but also spicy. I'm very glad it comes courtesy of Francis Kurkdjian because I like his fragrances for his own line but this is way less expensive. Still quite a hefty price for a high-street fragrance! It was also difficult to find, most big department stores in Edinburgh or even Boots do not stock anything from Burberry! The bottle is made of a very hefty piece of glass (it arrived in a very bulky packaging when I finally found it at John Lewis on line) and contains very little juice in comparison with the size of the bottle (I went for 50 ml EDP), I don't care that much about the lid's design as I usually loose these somewhere anyway. To me it is simple yet too opulent, I prefer a very discreet branding so I guess I'm not Burberry's target client haha!

One or two sprays is enough, the fragrance lasts on me about 3-4 hours, then it does not change, it simply weakens and disappears. It has freesia and bergamot in it and maybe that is why I'm enjoying it so much. Plus, it reminds me about some very happy days in warm weather on a beautiful tropical island so until I go on my next 'holiday of a lifetime' with a new fragrance in the toiletries bag, I'll be wearing this to mentally transport myself to some more relaxed days.

on 1/25/2017 2:39:00 PM

I'm a fan of Burberry fragrances, I haven't come across one I didn't enjoy, and this one is no exception. It is one of my current favorites. It smells like a country-side garden after a rainfall...it has that nostalgic, cool misty vibe to it. I love that. Romantic, graceful and sophisticated, but also laid-back and comfortable. Versatile enough for all year round wear, just not for hot, sweaty days. Timeless clean scent. Females of all ages and from all walks of life would enjoy this. It lasts around 6 hours on me, and the throw is moderate, which is fine for everyday wear. 'My Burberry Black' (it's flanker) is superior in terms of longevity, that one lasted over 12 hours on me with a bigger throw, but it's missing that misty, nostalgic feel that I fell in love with in the original, so I'm sticking with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the strongest parfum I own. Can only spray two sprits (any more way to strong) and it lasts literally all day. I prefer the smell of Burberry Body & Si by Giorgio Amarni but nothing is as strong or lasts better than this My Burberry Parfum. I agree it does sell clean and fresh but settles on me with earthy woody undertones. I have owned this bottle for so long and it will honestly last me forever! Because you only need to use so little.

on 9/15/2014 6:01:00 PM

Burberry's latest fragrance is a fruity-floral and even though I wanted to like it - the bottle design is gorgeous - I just can't. Actually, it isn't really that I dislike it; it's simply that it reminds me of countless other fruity-floral drugstore perfumes. It's pretty and it will probably be a crowd-pleaser, but there just isn't anything unique or exciting about it.

Popular Fragrances