Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Burberry My Burberry

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is not my usual sort of fragrance, not that I have a usual, but I'm not a fan of fruity florals, which is what I thought this was, except it isn't. While rummaging through a ltitle collection of samples I came across this and spritzed on a tissue. At first I thought - oh no way! - the opening was so sweet and fruity - but then it changed, and within ten minutes I had a spritz on my arm, and within an hour I had ordered a bottle. Once you get past the blast of sweetpea, which I now find charming because it doesn't last long, the heart is a fresh floral, mainly freesia and rose to my nose, and the whole thing has a very classical feel, I think from the leather backbone. Although it has a cocktail of fruit listed in its notes, I perceive citrus notes in the opening and cassis in the heart, except that's not one of the notes listed. Passionfruit is, so it could be that - something a little tart - which I much prefer to sweet. I think it really captures the brief of a London garden and the classic trenchcoat style. The longevity is very good and sillage is light to moderate. I feel very comfortable wearing this to work in an office and equally it's interesting enough for me to reach for it on weekends/for casual wear. I feel it will be a staple in my fragrance wardrobe for a long time.

Popular Fragrances