Burberry My Burberry

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Burberry My Burberry

2.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually don't buy any more 'high street' fragrances (with exception of Chanel's Allure which is my trademark scent and i like to have a bottle of it in my stash), usually going with independent brands like Byredo, Aesop or Penhaglion's but I was travelling so trying to pack really light I went through my samples jar and popped a tiny spray vial of this into my toiletries bag. What a wonderful discovery! Now I'm back in Europe (I came back from some proper hot, subtropical climates where this fragrance applied in the evening was making me feel special even in sandals and a simple dress + earrings combo) and I had to have it!

This is an adult fragrance hands down. My friend calls such fragrances, after I bought the very first Prada perfume when with her in Sephora years ago, 'the fragrance you are NOT going to wear when you're going skiing'. A very good description and I'm pretty sure my 20something nose would not enjoyed My Burberry like my 40 year old one does.

'My Burberry' it is extremely feminine, flowery, quite sweet but also spicy. I'm very glad it comes courtesy of Francis Kurkdjian because I like his fragrances for his own line but this is way less expensive. Still quite a hefty price for a high-street fragrance! It was also difficult to find, most big department stores in Edinburgh or even Boots do not stock anything from Burberry! The bottle is made of a very hefty piece of glass (it arrived in a very bulky packaging when I finally found it at John Lewis on line) and contains very little juice in comparison with the size of the bottle (I went for 50 ml EDP), I don't care that much about the lid's design as I usually loose these somewhere anyway. To me it is simple yet too opulent, I prefer a very discreet branding so I guess I'm not Burberry's target client haha!

One or two sprays is enough, the fragrance lasts on me about 3-4 hours, then it does not change, it simply weakens and disappears. It has freesia and bergamot in it and maybe that is why I'm enjoying it so much. Plus, it reminds me about some very happy days in warm weather on a beautiful tropical island so until I go on my next 'holiday of a lifetime' with a new fragrance in the toiletries bag, I'll be wearing this to mentally transport myself to some more relaxed days.

on 11/16/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have worn Burberry classic for years-I gave this new one, based on the "Burberry Trench" a try in Ulta. Yikes. Strong. For me it was one note, very sharp, like Tide detergent. I'm not able to describe fragrance like so many reviewers, but this is absolutely a pass.

on 9/30/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My Burberry Eau de Parfum was launched in the US in August 2014, the fragrance was created by Francis Kurkdijan. List of notes include bergamot and sweet pea in the top, heart notes of freesia, quince and geranium, the base is roses and patchouli. When I sampled My Burberry I was intrigued by the beautiful bottle design and usually Burberry launches are interesting. That said, My Burberry left me quite underwhelmed. It reminded me of numerous recently launched fruity florals, and while I liked it when sprayed in the air, I did not really care for it on my skin. I received several samples and after I found out that Kurkdijan was the nose behind My Burberry I took the time to try it on several occasions. To my nose, I am sad to say that it was clearly lacking originality and complexity. Nothing wrong with it, it smells nice, but a bit boring. And it is clearly too expensive to be used as an air freshener, so no purchase from me. On the plus side, I found its lasting power was quite good. 1.6 oz spray $95, 3 oz $125, Body Mist $42.

Popular Fragrances