Burberry My Burberry

Burberry My Burberry

3.4

on 9/6/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Yey im first to review this. Lol~ There was a fragrance booth of My Burberry (EDP) in the mall in town today, so I think it should be launched this September in Singapore. As I walked by the booth, am liking the classy florals that whiffs in the air. Half an hour later I made a comeback to the booth & tested some spritz. Though it is in a different fragrance category than my usual preference of Oriental / Musky / Vanilla vibes, it still has a classy lure. I deviated into statement-florals lately (ie Balenciaga's Florabotanica) so im appreciating the florals in this. I don't like weak nondescript fragrance, and this has that boldness albeit floral notes, and a certain unique pizzazz. Hello to my new daily scent!
EDIT : oh, it's inspired by burberry's iconic trenchcoat, therefore the tortoiseshell bottle-cap resonating the trenchcoat's belt buckle.

on 9/15/2014 8:47:00 AM

I sampled this. This perfume does not work on me. Very strong and very floral. This has no warmth to it. I like other Burberry perfumes (Brit and Beat) so I thought I would like this. It's unique from other perfumes but I still don't like it. I will not buy.

on 9/15/2014 6:01:00 PM

Burberry's latest fragrance is a fruity-floral and even though I wanted to like it - the bottle design is gorgeous - I just can't. Actually, it isn't really that I dislike it; it's simply that it reminds me of countless other fruity-floral drugstore perfumes. It's pretty and it will probably be a crowd-pleaser, but there just isn't anything unique or exciting about it.

on 9/29/2014 8:57:00 PM

Got whiffs of this at the mall and the salesperson spayed some on me.. Absolutely gorgeous... strong and lasts. My clothes and wrist still smell of this baby even after 1 day... after a lot of activity! Very floral..the final notes reminds me of estee lauder`s pleasures but my only gripe is the price .. i suppose becos the perfume content is very concentrated it justifies the high price... the salesperson even offered to engrave my name on the bottle as a promotional gimmick... so the bottle is a keeper!

on 9/30/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My Burberry Eau de Parfum was launched in the US in August 2014, the fragrance was created by Francis Kurkdijan. List of notes include bergamot and sweet pea in the top, heart notes of freesia, quince and geranium, the base is roses and patchouli. When I sampled My Burberry I was intrigued by the beautiful bottle design and usually Burberry launches are interesting. That said, My Burberry left me quite underwhelmed. It reminded me of numerous recently launched fruity florals, and while I liked it when sprayed in the air, I did not really care for it on my skin. I received several samples and after I found out that Kurkdijan was the nose behind My Burberry I took the time to try it on several occasions. To my nose, I am sad to say that it was clearly lacking originality and complexity. Nothing wrong with it, it smells nice, but a bit boring. And it is clearly too expensive to be used as an air freshener, so no purchase from me. On the plus side, I found its lasting power was quite good. 1.6 oz spray $95, 3 oz $125, Body Mist $42.

on 10/2/2014 2:00:00 PM

Considering this smells VERY similar to CDior J'adore, I'm not sure why I would buy it again but I would. I love it. Yummy and close to me smelling nice. Perfect for work & home, IMHO.

on 10/18/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Two star, meritorious but not innovative or even excellent for its genre, would not wear it personally. If I wore it, it would be distinctly not memorable, except as an example of department store rose patchouli, overly sweetened to comport with modern taste.

The only reasons why I stopped to try it were the words: kurdjian and rose patchouli. It is strong and tenacious on the skin, so if you work in an office or with people who are scent averse, proceed with caution. The release with the custom engraved bottle is a nice touch or an annoying marketing ploy depending on your sensibilities.

If you are a fan of kurdjian and patchouli rose, I would recommend lumiere noire instead of this fragrance as a touch more complex and relatively 'darker.' However lady vengeance, LN, and Guerlain rose Barbare - all kurdjian roses- are still too sweet and bright for me. Burberry is a relative bargain compared to other luxury niche sweet, ostensibly dark, modern rose chypres or chypre orientals, like guerlain rose nacre (which I think is more sweet/gourmand than dark). Kurdjian also did Narcisco Rodriguez musc oil (I like the original oil, not the perfume).

If you do not limit yourself to a Kurdjian dark" rose or dark rose chypres, there are excellent alternatives to My Burberry in a variety of price points: FM Une Rose (greener, evocative of wine) l'artesan voleur de roses (plum rose patchouli); agent provocateur (in the pink egg - relatively not gourmand and unsweetened ); the bitter aromatics elixir; the overpowering Nahema; rochas tocade (synthetic vanilla rose) ; gres cabaret (cedar rose) perles de lalique (woodsy incense rose) or FM POAL; EL knowing (slightly animalic rose)and EL private collection (more pine); ungaro diva splash (ambered rose); l'arte di gucci; rose Barbare; caron Or et noire, pour une femme, or N'aimez moi; paloma Picasso mon perfume; amouage lyric man or woman; andy tauer's une rose chypre or incense rose; serge lutens MKK, Fumerie Turque, rose du nuit or the fruity wine like fille de berlin; the indolic Schiaparelli shocking; and, the mossy Avon to a wild rose. I did a brief summary of rose chypre or patchouli rose (which I assume is a modern rose analog) comparisons in my review of Heeleys hippie rose.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I sprayed this on at ULTA yesterday. This is the most horrendous new fragrance I have sprayed on myself in a long time. After being on me for a while, it turned into something very similar to Gillette Cool Wave anti-perspirant deodorant or their aftershave splash(FOR MEN). Then not only did it smell terrible, i was sneezing my head off. I had high hopes since Brit is my all time favorite scent.

on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

(EDIT: See 2/8/16 Addendum at the bottom -- I've changed my mind on the below review to liking it, and I upped my lippies from 2 to 4.)

A fresh, light, sweet, crisp-ish floral scent -- but I generally have never favored this type.
In fact, I'm so unfamiliar with straight-up florals that at first I had trouble realizing that "flowers" was what I was smelling -- my first impression (test-spritz by SA) was of a dry crisp fresh-cut plywood type scent, and I quickly dismissed it and walked away. Nope, after reading reviews, I guess the My Burberry scent consists mostly of fresh flowers -- with some sweet bergamot (lemon-ish) on top.

Type-wise, it reminds me a lot of Chloe EDP -- that type of light, fresh, crisp-yet-sweet floral bouquet -- prickly & sharpish & nose-poking -- without much in the way of warmth, musk, smoothness, or grounding basenotes. It stays in the upper register -- sheer & fresh. Garden-y or flower-shoppish, I suppose (but I'm not really into flowers).

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Sweet pea, Bergamot
Heart Notes -- Geranium leaf, Freesia, Quince
Base Notes -- Patchouli, Damascus rose, Rosa centifolia

I prefer my florals to be rounder, with more musk, vanilla, or sandalwood to warm them up and smooth them out. This is rather a fresh-picked, prickly, pointy, crisp type of floral -- it contains a lot of sweet pea, rose, & freesia -- plus that leaf note probably adds some edginess.

Burberry's original Burberry Classic (pebble-bottle) and Brit EDP have been holy grails for me (both contain vanilla), but I haven't much liked any of their other launches.

ADDENDUM 3/12/15: My Burberry made Allure's "best of" list. Figures. Everybody seems to enjoy these fresh "prickly" types of floral perfumes except me.

ADDENDUM 2/8/16: I just saw in a recent magazine that this is a favorite of daytime talk show hostess Wendy Williams. The EDT was pictured in the photo -- she says it smells "delicious". Her runaway favorite for men is Tom Ford Italian Cypress -- and she also loves Bond No 9 Dubai Indigo, for men & their women to share also.

So, inspired by Wendy Wiliams, I pulled out my bottle of My Burberry EDP and tried it again before bed over the weekend -- and the drydown on my skin the next morning was, in fact, delicious -- warm, slightly sweet, musky, sensuous, and just GOOD! So now I'm wearing my EDP today. I'm finding that it's sheer and fresh, yet it does have some sweetness and warmth and skin-muskiness in the drydown. I've just upped my lippies from 2 to 4.

It took awhile, but now I do like My Burberry EDP, thanks to smelling it on myself the morning after applying. I do a lot of perfume testing that way -- I sniff it on my hands/wrists the next morning, immediately before I've had a chance to remember what I put on the night before, and that gives me a "blind" smell-test, in a way.

on 11/16/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have worn Burberry classic for years-I gave this new one, based on the "Burberry Trench" a try in Ulta. Yikes. Strong. For me it was one note, very sharp, like Tide detergent. I'm not able to describe fragrance like so many reviewers, but this is absolutely a pass.

Popular Fragrances