Pureology Colour Fanatic 21 Essential Benefits

Pureology Colour Fanatic 21 Essential Benefits

3.4

Not tested on animals

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am on my 2nd bottle of this. I have very fine hair that is dyed red. I bought this looking for something to use as a detangler and it has added color protection benefits. It works fantastic. It does have some scent to it, but it does not last long. I do not heat style my hair or have issues with frizz so I cannot say how it works for that. I don't really notice added shine with the product. I have occasionally used it as a substitute for conditioner and it works ok for that, but not something I would do regularly. When I was decanting it into a smaller bottle I was very surprised to see it is a milky, slightly sticky consistancy because it sprays so fine and lightweight with no residue. I think the price is very reasonable.

on 4/27/2017 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the first leave in treatment that has ever given me big painful cysts on my scalp. I don't know if it because of the different herbs it contains, or the camelia oil. It also made my hair feel dirty and greasier much faster. This makes your feel stiff like hairspray, and it does not detangle at all. I put this on the palm of my hand in order to rub it in my hair, and my hand felt as if I had poured alcohol on it. The smell is not as good as the previous version that was discontinued. Don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of three beauty items I cannot live without (the other two being Skindinavia Bridal Finish setting spray and the Marc Jacobs Face III Foundation Brush). My hair is fine, wavy, and snarls easily. I could not get a comb through my hair after showering without this product. Yes, there are other detanglers on the market but I like thst this is meant specifically for color treated hair. I also spray this on when I'm going to the pool or beach as it protects my hair color from the sun. There are 21 different listed benefits but those are the two most important to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didnt see any amazing benefits from this so I'm glad I bought a sample size. I prefer a more moisturizing product. I would agree with others here that it leaves hair feeling stiff and coated, more like using hairspray than a conditioning spray. My hair didn't look that great on days I used this, more dry and frizzy and tangled on the ends. There are better, more moisturizing products out there.

I think the price for this is ok. Ive seen it at some salons at $40 but my hair stylist sold it to me for $20 (way more reasonable). It is a pretty good size bottle and I use it almost everyday for about a year and a half now. So pretty much, I have longer hair that I'm always coloring. Recently I have bleached my hair blonde (I am naturally blonde), my hair took it pretty well but I use this often anyway just to make sure. It helps me get through my tangly hair and softens it after a shower, I sometimes even spray it on my hair dry before straightening. If I don't use it my ends are often a little dry and my hair tends to get into more knots throughout the day. I will continue to buy.

on 2/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this on my hairdresser's recommendation and am using it because it's supposed to be good for the health of your hair. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and have found that it doesn't help the appearance of my hair, like a leave in conditioner normally would. My hair looks dry and frizzy after my blow dry. I have tried using a leave in oil after to help it along but that hasn't helped. I've found I need to use a leave in cream conditioner over the top of this before blowdrying. Also, at times it seems to feel slightly gunky while I'm blow drying with it in, like I haven't properly washed out my shampoo. I do like the smell and the bottle spray is high quality so comfortable to use. If it works to improve hair health I will keep using it, but I don't recommend it as a styling product on its own, it's purely a hair saver/protectant when blow drying.

on 9/11/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an effective lightweight detangler for color-treated hair. Spray on towel-dried hair and comb through. I am very fond of Bumble & Bumble Prep, and it's still my favorite, and my second choice would really be Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Primer, but I was in the market for an alternative and found this at Ulta.

PROS:

1. Excellent detangler.
2. Contains light oils to condition hair. As long as you don't spray too much, it won't weigh down hair. My hair is color-treated.
3. Helps eliminate frizz.
4. Protects hair during heat styling.
5. Makes hair feel soft, not sticky.
6. Pureology doesn't test on animals.

CONS:

1. Has a strong fruity fragrance that is off-putting to some people, but to me it's not nearly as annoying as the sickeningly sweet smell of L'Oreal Kids Detangler, which was also very sticky.
2. A bit pricey. $25 for 6.7 ounces, $38 for 13.5 ounces.
3. Not as moisturizing as B&B Invisible Oil Primer and I believe my dry hair needs something more emollient.

Key Ingredients:

Fennel Seed Extract (antioxidant), Keravis™, a vegetable-based protein (strengthener), Xylose (protection from heat styling), Camelina, Coconut, and Olive Oil, a blend of natural oils to condition and reduce frizz. Does NOT contain Salt, Parabens, Colorants, Drying Alcohols, Mineral Oil, or DEA.

Bottom line is, I love this so much. It smells amazing and it was one of my fav products to use every day for quite awhile...until I realized it was breaking me out on my scalp. I have weird skin tho. Give it a try.

on 4/12/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Pureology's shampoo and conditioner, and I always wanted to try their styling products. Since I don't color my hair ever, many of the products aren't geared toward me. I have lots of fine, wavy/curly hair that I've been trying to grow long for the last 15 years (seriously!), but it's been just a few inches past my shoulders for forever and gets split ends like it's its job. I want to keep it protected, hydrated, and happy, but it gets weighed down by even the lightest of leave-in conditioners. I was hoping that this would moisturize my ends without weighing my hair down. Unfortunately, it makes my hair feel gunky, almost like I've lightly sprayed it with hair spray and adds absolutely no moisture or hydration. I can't stand the smell, which reminds me of a blooming Callery Pear tree, which, if you live in North America, you may recognize by the odious white flowers that bloom every spring. This didn't work with my hair, but maybe it requires color treated or thicker hair to work well. I can't recommend this and am impatiently trying to use up my bottle.

on 3/1/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been using It's a 10 leave in for years, but I just started coloring my hair so I thought I would try this. It has a very strong floral scent. I am usually sensitive to smells, but this doesn't bother me. On days when I wash my hair I spray a few spritzes on each side and I am left with tangle free shiny hair. On days I don't wash I spray a few spritzes in my hairbrush and it detangles and shines. I bought the travel size, but will be buying the full size when it runs out.