SHISEIDO Shiseido Integrate brow pencil

No Image

on 10/18/2018 7:47:00 PM

Love this!! There are 2 brow pencils in the Integrate range - one with a slim 2mm lead diameter, and a larger 5mm one. with a spoolie brush on the other end. The grey brown shade is an almost perfect match to my own, I'm a dark brunette and most brow pencils are either too red or too dark and bold on me. I don't suit the instagram ultra dark statement brow trend.

As a victim of the Great Eyebrow Overplucking plague in the early 00s, I now have some very sad and sparse eyebrows & I have to use brow make-up to cover teenage me's misadventures f***ing them up. This goes on lightly so it looks very natural, and the screw brush on the end makes it very easy to soften harsh lines or blend the pencil into any gaps between brow hairs. It has good lasting power generally, but in very hot and humid weather it can sometimes fade or smudge. But retouching is painless - as it isn't too dark, brushing smudges away is possible, or even covering with concealer you won't see any telltale translucent dark marks shining through it.

The pencil is an auto twist-up one, but as it's not a gel formula it doesn't have the same issues as auto eyeliners - it won't dry out when exposed to air and so the pencil end doesn't have a lid. I have to make sure I've retracted it after using though, otherwise half the pencil lead will snap off in storage. But the brush is protected by a lid that fits securely. I'm really happy with this product, it may not be as bulletproof as some other brow pencils or liquid brow pens, but for a natural look it's fantastic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

ABSOLUTE HOLY GRAIL!!!

This great, drugstore product was by far the best beauty buy on my trip to Japan. The Shiseido Integrate brand is a cheaper, drugstore alternative of Shiseido's products. The pencil is one of those plain, twist out pencils with very plain packaging. However, it is eminently practical, the colour matches my sparse brows very well, not much of the product is needed, it feels light and lasts all day!

The only down side is that the colour range available is limited to about 3 colours, however I think that the brown that I use is a pretty universal brown and the colour is quite buildable :)

Popular Brows Products