Andalou Naturals Beta Hydroxy Complex Recovery Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 7/17/2018 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After reading all the great reviews on this product I've given it a try and I'm very impressed. This really does help to clear your skin. I've tried many night creams that cause breakouts so it's awesome to have a quality night cream that nourishes but also heals acne. My skin definitely improved with this product and I would recommend it!

on 5/11/2018 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using and repurchasing this product for years. My skin is combo, sensitive, fair, large pores. Right now I use a thin layer as a toner step after cleansing with Cerave PM on top for extra moisture (although this is seasonal, in the summer, for me, this is enough). It keeps my skin clear. My skincare routine is super minimal and this is essential! It runs about $22 in stores near me, $18-20 on sale; I try to buy it online for $15ish. Well worth it.

on 7/25/2016 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this product isn't perfect but it's pretty close. I use this as a night cream when I have breakouts. It works quite well to help clear up my skin and it smells lovely, kind of lemony! It's a great consistency, not too thin or too thick. Doesn't dry out my skin while fighting acne. I wish it was in a pump instead of a jar. Would repurchase.

on 7/4/2016 6:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted to love this product. The first time I used this, my skin looked great in the morning. It had a glow and my pores also looked less. I used this continually for a week but sadly I started breaking out everywhere on my face. I'm still suffering with the blemishes this has left out on my skin :(

on 1/27/2015 9:23:00 AM

This has worked a miracle on me.

I stopped using chemical laden benzoyl peroxide products 2 years ago and have limited success with natural products ( Tea Tree, Clay etc). The best I can manage is hydrogen peroxide which dries up blemishes faster BUT it leaves dryness and hyper pigmentation on my skin.

:-(

When I started changing over my skin care to healthy options , I took out AHA and BHA with heavy laden chemical products from my routine which always kept my face looking youthful and fresh and turning over the skin cells ... so I never had dryness, hyper pigmentation or more than a couple of blemishes on occassion (hormonal)...
This is challenging phase and I am not looking my best.

Did some research and found this Andalou product.
And perfect timing as I had a blemish on my chin that I just knew would trouble and unsightly.

I did a test spot and put some of this product on the blemish over night. Next morning, GONE. No redness, no bump - completely normal skin ---- you could not see where the blemish had been less than 24 hours before!!!
Miracle in a bottle!!!

Thankfully for me , the next day I had a larger blemish on my eyebrow where my winter hat sits on my forehead. Grrrr.
I did the same thing at night, applying a dab.
Next morn - 95% improved. This was a larger blemish so I knew it would not completely disappear, but improved by 95%.... I'll take that!

I am going to use this as "spot treatment" and I should have much more luck with it than the other products I was using.
I also will use it on the hyper pigmentation to see if it clears those dark spots up.

Honestly, happy to use this forever if it keeps up with these results!

The package is a small pot, wish it was in a pump dispenser to avoid bacteria contamination. I think I paid around $18 at a health food store for a SMALL POT size but it will last a long time considering I am using just a dab (we use wayyyy too much product most of the time anyway. A dab will do ya!).

Highly recommended.

UPDATE: May 04 2015
I did not finish this jar.
1-2 x a week in the morning of Beauty Without Cruelty 3% AHA Facial Cleanser WITH
3-4 x a week in the morning of Beauty Without Cruelty 8% Skin Renewal Lotion.
The rest of the time and evenings is Oil Cleansing Method.
Fantastic results.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using their Q10 lotion for the past month and it's worked great. I did use this before earlier in the year and noticed it was great at removing any scars from breakouts. While I haven't been breaking out since going back to Andalou in cleanser and face lotions, I do have have some left over darks spot from previous months and have noticed the Q10 lotion isn't doing anything about it. I'm thinking of alternating this with the Q10 to see if it helps. Like all other Andalou products I've tried I've been very impressed. For reference I'll spend as much as $200 for a face lotion and after using these products I can say there's no need.

on 8/25/2014 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a great moisturizer compatible to my Retin-A use. This really is the workhorse that calms and sooth my skin. It help speed healing my pimple especially on my cheeks.

Non greasy, just the right moisture for my oily, acne prone skin. This did not clog my pores after using the product for one month. I wake up every morning with bright and dewy skin :)

It is also moisturizing enough to combat the effects of drying tretinoin. I also use this as a day moisturizer when I feel my skin needs a little bit moisture when I shave :)

I only wish they change to packaging to pump as the jar packaging is unhyginic though they say this is preserved well even if you put your fingers on a daily basis with this product.

No parabens so this is great!