Maybelline Color Tattoo Leathers Chocolate Suede

Maybelline Color Tattoo Leathers Chocolate Suede
Color Tattoo Leathers Chocolate Suede

4.7

on 8/8/2016 2:34:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow. So flattering! Chocolate Suede is a deep shade of cocoa brown with a hint of warm gold. Neutral with a little something extra.

I think these Color Tattoos are great. So easy to use they're absolutely idiot-proof. Just use your fingers to dab it on and blend. The warmth of your fingertips actually helps to soften the product and help it spread.

This particular shade has decent lasting power, but I found that it settles in my crease as the day goes on. So four lippies instead of five.

I would definitely buy this one again. This and Creamy Beige Leather are my two favorites. Highly recommend both!

This creases on me within a couple hours; however, if I apply a shadow over it, it will last me at least 8-12 hrs! So it's my primer per say, then I use maybelline's "natural smokes" eyeshadow quad & maybelline the falsies mascara daily for a perfect every day look! I will admit that for special occasions I prefer the Urban Decay shadow primer, but I like to save the money for my every day look.

I have been in search of a replacement for the Estée Lauder shadow like this. I have the EL VINTAGE GOLD color n I use this chocolate suede as a liner and the bad to the bronze as the replace mtn for the el shadow. I love this I highly recommend this if you want your eye makeup to stay; I use a powder shadow over the top to make a bronzey smokey eye. And the price is the best.

on 12/17/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes....gorgeous. This color of the Leather Tattoo line is so pretty! It has a luster. It's not shimmery or pearly just a little hint something...it is a cool brown and I could see myself wearing it alone instead of as an eyeshadow base. I hold to it that if one is having trouble using these eyeshadows, they should warm them up with their fingers before applying. Having said that, the pearly colors of the Color Tattoos are easier to work with than the matte ones.

on 1/5/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My second fave Color Tattoo after the limited edition Nude pink which I adore. This is a better shade of brown for me than 'bad to the bronze' which is too shimmery and full of glitter particles. The shimmer in this is very muted and finely milled. This is almost a total dupe for the shade/texture of my beloved and now discontinued Clinique cream liner in bronze which I loved all over my eye as an all over wash. This is so versatile and a quick sweep over my eye and underneath gives me a very modern yet classic neutral smokey eye. perfect as a base also or paired with colourful liners love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I use this as a primer and lightly dust a powder in a similar shade over it. This is a great color. It is a deep brown but not a flat brown. There is dimension in the color-not really sparkles or shimmer but dimension. I have liked many of the color tattoos but the leather collection is by far my favorite. The leather collection is darker and more matte but all of the colors are very pretty. The leather collection is great if you are trying to avoid the overly shimmery, sparkly, iridescent type shadows.