Viseart Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte

Viseart  Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte
Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte

4.5

Talc, mica, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, trihydroxystearin, octyldodecanol,myristyl lactate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate May Contain: Cl 77891 titanium dioxide, Cl 77491 carmine, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 iron oxides, silica, Cl 77007 Ultramarines, Cl 42090 blue 1 lake

My most beloved matte shadows. Blends like a dream, no primer needed, hand-made in France. I will keep buying forever.

on 1/18/2018 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

These are so good that I could easily chuck away the rest of my vast eyeshadow collection and not miss any of them. I don't even need primer as they don't fade and dont budge all day. Lovely smooth, well pigmented and easy to blend eyeshadow. They don't have fall out either. Yes the palettes are pricey but if you break it down then they are quite reasonable and well worth investing in.

on 12/27/2017 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

To my utter shock and dismay, this was a total loser for me. My stars reflect only the value to me, not others. The color payoff was poor, and I tried 3 primers. Maybe I needed a sander? And every outcome was a blase muddy loser.

Now: I have light skin, but it is resistant to certain formulations showing up.
I am in my 50's and cannot blame a cosmetic for this. Lastly, I am "good enough" at application, but no expert.

I think for someone younger with baby smooth skin, a huge eyelid canvas, and high, arched brows this would work great. Even just one shade swept over this ideal eyelid in an orangey or rusty color would be beautiful. I must add: absolutely no fall out.

on 12/24/2017 10:16:00 AM

At the risk of having my MUA card revoked, I'm going to admit that I'm not wowed by this palette. I love the versatility of a good matte shadow--they're perfect for work and can be great base layers for shimmer and sparkle. A good matte shadow is like the perfect little black dress. Given the hype about Viseart and this palette in particular, I thought it would be good to add to my collection.

It's a splurge for sure. You do get a decent size palette, but you could easily build your own MAC, Buxom, or UD matte palette for about half the cost of the Neutral Matte palette. For $80, I'd expect to love each and every one of the shadows. The problem is, I don't love them all. I don't love more than a few of them.

There isn't much of a difference between a few of the shades--the light beige ones and the mid-tone browns in particular. The orange is horrible on my skintone (I'm NW15, neutral/cool with blue eyes). The gray and taupe are very nice, though.

The texture is ok. I find some of the shadows somewhat chalky and harder to blend. I've had much better luck with mattes from other brands. They last about 6-8 hours without creasing.

I probably won't buy any more Viseart products. I do like the Cashmere and Chroma Theory palettes much better, but Neutral Matte doesn't work as well for me.

on 12/17/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the most overrated products that I have ever bought.

The shadows are decent but not amazing. This in my opinion is better suited for someone working on film or TV and in need of an almost no makeup look on the eyes. So many of the shades are just a little lighter or darker than the one next to it . I can hardly see any difference in tone on my eyes on a number of the shades. For film work this is good but the average consumer not necessary.

Formula wise I had a stunning all matte Shu Uemura palette that I made out of 10 of their matte shadows. Those neutral browns were the most buttery silk velvet eyeshadows ever. The matte shadows made by Shu Uemura were the most sophisticated looking neutral to cool tones I have ever seen. Another palette I like formula wise is the ABH modern renaissance palette. The mattes in that palette is a better formula. I will supplement the modern renaissance palette with 4 more matte ABH singles . I also have a number of Lancome 5 color palettes and the matte colors are far nicer than the Viseart formula. Another great palette is by Palladio the mattte shades are very velvety.

The issue I also have is the price for maybe only 9 shadows I can use that come in a horrible cheap palette. My palette broke within a few months with minimal use. I don’t see how professional makeup artists can keep this cheap container from breaking with more professional use such as all day filming or on multiple models on shoots. I also have a H&M’ Nude smoky palette and a vintage rose and for the price really nice. The compact of the H&M palette is fantastic quality it closes and shuts perfectly and has a nice feel like my Chanel quad compacts. I would not call the Viseart a neutral palette neutral, more of a warm with 2 cool toned shades. There are a number of very drab 1980’s peach / orange tones. Peach and orange can look lovely but these do not. I had to go in and use my H&M neutral smoky nude palette to give depth and tone down the drab orange tones of the Viseart . I also had to use a Chanel neutral toned quad to help bring the Viseart up to a contemporary eye shadow look. I can use 9 shades of the palette but only find 3 colors to be useful.

I will not buy again. I would rather spend a little more building a perfect nude/neutral matte palette with really beautiful colors and formula. It was a sad day when Shu Uemura was no longer available to purchase in person in the US.

on 11/19/2017 11:01:00 PM

This is my second Viseart purchase after my disasterous Bridal Satin palette experience and I am glad I exchanged for this Neutral Matte palette.

First let me just say when it comes to eyeshadows I am a shimmers girl all the way. I don't care about crease colors being matte I wear all kinds of shimmer on my eyes all the time. I think probably because I never really have good experience with matte eyeshadows. From what I can remember they are often chalky, difficult to blend and the color payoff generally isn't as great.

These, however, are on the next level. I feel like formula wise this is all matte eyeshadows aspire to be but fail miserably. Color wise they are very "what you see is what you get" and not only are they all very pigmented, they blend so effortlessly.

The color selection isn't the greatest - but Viseart palettes are created with pro makeup artists in mind so you do get a gradient of different nudes and browns but it would be unfair for me to take points off that simp,y because it wasn't meant for everyday makeup users. What I will say is that wig this palette you can create the most beautiful and understated eye look in no time and it will look like you really know what you're doing. You can do a perfectly natural everyday look, or something smoky, or use that stunning terra-cotta/orange shade to give it a more warm and sophisticated look. There is definelty a lot more than it meets the eyes with this seemingly "boring" palette.

I know some people want more fancy packaging for the CAD$100 price tag but I actually don't mind the clear acrylic window. I love the fact that it makes it easier for me to see the colors and the packing is compact and sturdy for traveling as well.

Lastly I feel that after you do the math ($$ per gram of eyeshadow) you will see that it is actually reasonable. I have no problem paying this kind of money for eyesshadows if they all perform this well.

Would I recommend? Absolutely. Do I think it is life changing? No, but if you are a makeup junkie like I am I strongly recommend you trying one of Viseart's matte eyeshadow palettes (forget about the shimmers they are not worth it).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down the best palette I've ever used. Seamless blending. You can mix shades without it looking muddy. I can do a dramatic look or a subtle look. So versatile. Once you try these shadows, you will be wowed by the formula. Hand made in France. The price seems steep but you get a lot of product and you will use every shade. As for the packaging, Viseart invests the money in the unique formula as opposed to cutesy packaging. I prefer the clear plastic cover because I can see which palette I'm reaching for. (I own several Viseart palettes). Love this- you won't regret this purchase.

on 3/5/2017 10:40:00 AM

After the huge hype on YouTube I was obsessed by the idea having this palette for my make up collection. This is all-mattes eyeshadows designed for the professional make-up artists. So I expected that this product is an absolute MUST for all make up lovers. However, after getting hands on this palette I've been really disappointed.

First of all is a price. Yes, I paid all together 96 dollars!!! It is ridiculously expensive and there is no excuse for that. Even though, the shadows are really good quality: not powdery, very blendable and the colour range is perfect for the daily use. In fact, this palette is not life changing. The quality is really good, but not outstanding; my urban decay naked palettes blend as easy as this one, but costs a lot less.
So here I would like to summarize all pros and cons of this ballet for those of your thinking getting hands on it.

PROS:
-great matte, neutral colours which look amazing on every skin tone;
-good quality of eyeshadows: you can blend it within seconds up to any degree as you wish;
-really a lot of product in the refills;

CONS:
-very high price tag;
-the quality of eyeshadows are not THAT outstanding;

Because of the huge hype on the internet, one may think that this palette is an absolute must-have. In fact, shadows perform well, but definitely it is not necessary to be on the hunt for them.
In my opinion, the price/quality ratio is not justified, as there are more affordable alternatives on the market. The only thing that makes me keep the pallet is a great colour range of those shadows.

on 2/28/2017 4:54:00 PM

LISTEN PEOPLE IT'S ABOUT THE FORMULA NOTTTTT PACKAGING!! APPARENTLY AFTER WATCHING STEF NICOLE'S INTERVIEW WITH COMPANY THEY DONT BREAK EVEN WITH THE BRIGHT COLOUR PALLET AS SHADOWS SO RICH AND EXPENSIVE TO MAKE. IT PISSES ME OFF THAT PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT NOT HAVING A MIRROR, IT IS A PROFESSIONAL PALLET, NO GIMMICKS ALA TOO FACED OR SHIT WASTED ON PACKING BUT INSTEAD THEY HAVE PUT MONEY WHERE IT MATTERS--- FORMULA!!!!

on 2/3/2017 7:11:00 PM

My favorite palette ever. The formula is smooth, blends easily and wears well. The texture is great on my older lids. There are highlighting, crease and deep shades. I also use this for liner and brows. One of the browns can be used for contouring on my skin tone. Wears well even without a primer. I have gotten rid of most of my other palettes