Viseart Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte

Viseart  Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte
Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 01 - Neutral Matte

4.7

Talc, mica, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, trihydroxystearin, octyldodecanol,myristyl lactate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate May Contain: Cl 77891 titanium dioxide, Cl 77491 carmine, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 iron oxides, silica, Cl 77007 Ultramarines, Cl 42090 blue 1 lake

on 11/19/2017 11:01:00 PM

This is my second Viseart purchase after my disasterous Bridal Satin palette experience and I am glad I exchanged for this Neutral Matte palette.

First let me just say when it comes to eyeshadows I am a shimmers girl all the way. I don't care about crease colors being matte I wear all kinds of shimmer on my eyes all the time. I think probably because I never really have good experience with matte eyeshadows. From what I can remember they are often chalky, difficult to blend and the color payoff generally isn't as great.

These, however, are on the next level. I feel like formula wise this is all matte eyeshadows aspire to be but fail miserably. Color wise they are very "what you see is what you get" and not only are they all very pigmented, they blend so effortlessly.

The color selection isn't the greatest - but Viseart palettes are created with pro makeup artists in mind so you do get a gradient of different nudes and browns but it would be unfair for me to take points off that simp,y because it wasn't meant for everyday makeup users. What I will say is that wig this palette you can create the most beautiful and understated eye look in no time and it will look like you really know what you're doing. You can do a perfectly natural everyday look, or something smoky, or use that stunning terra-cotta/orange shade to give it a more warm and sophisticated look. There is definelty a lot more than it meets the eyes with this seemingly "boring" palette.

I know some people want more fancy packaging for the CAD$100 price tag but I actually don't mind the clear acrylic window. I love the fact that it makes it easier for me to see the colors and the packing is compact and sturdy for traveling as well.

Lastly I feel that after you do the math ($$ per gram of eyeshadow) you will see that it is actually reasonable. I have no problem paying this kind of money for eyesshadows if they all perform this well.

Would I recommend? Absolutely. Do I think it is life changing? No, but if you are a makeup junkie like I am I strongly recommend you trying one of Viseart's matte eyeshadow palettes (forget about the shimmers they are not worth it).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down the best palette I've ever used. Seamless blending. You can mix shades without it looking muddy. I can do a dramatic look or a subtle look. So versatile. Once you try these shadows, you will be wowed by the formula. Hand made in France. The price seems steep but you get a lot of product and you will use every shade. As for the packaging, Viseart invests the money in the unique formula as opposed to cutesy packaging. I prefer the clear plastic cover because I can see which palette I'm reaching for. (I own several Viseart palettes). Love this- you won't regret this purchase.

on 2/3/2017 7:11:00 PM

My favorite palette ever. The formula is smooth, blends easily and wears well. The texture is great on my older lids. There are highlighting, crease and deep shades. I also use this for liner and brows. One of the browns can be used for contouring on my skin tone. Wears well even without a primer. I have gotten rid of most of my other palettes

on 2/3/2017 5:24:00 PM

Hands down my go-to/favourite eyeshadow palette. I use this almost on the daily for appropriate office makeup. I prime my eyes with Mac's eyeshadow primer then go in with a few colours and I am good to go. The pigment is out of this world but super easy to blend. Best part? I do my makeup at 6am and it looks perfect at 7pm at night - that's with a sweaty hot yoga session during my lunch break and no touch ups! I cannot rave about this more! The packaging is simple yet effective. Colours are perfect. It is expensive but considering all the colours you get and how pigmented they are, definitely worth the money!

on 2/28/2017 4:54:00 PM

LISTEN PEOPLE IT'S ABOUT THE FORMULA NOTTTTT PACKAGING!! APPARENTLY AFTER WATCHING STEF NICOLE'S INTERVIEW WITH COMPANY THEY DONT BREAK EVEN WITH THE BRIGHT COLOUR PALLET AS SHADOWS SO RICH AND EXPENSIVE TO MAKE. IT PISSES ME OFF THAT PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT NOT HAVING A MIRROR, IT IS A PROFESSIONAL PALLET, NO GIMMICKS ALA TOO FACED OR SHIT WASTED ON PACKING BUT INSTEAD THEY HAVE PUT MONEY WHERE IT MATTERS--- FORMULA!!!!

on 3/5/2017 10:40:00 AM

After the huge hype on YouTube I was obsessed by the idea having this palette for my make up collection. This is all-mattes eyeshadows designed for the professional make-up artists. So I expected that this product is an absolute MUST for all make up lovers. However, after getting hands on this palette I've been really disappointed.

First of all is a price. Yes, I paid all together 96 dollars!!! It is ridiculously expensive and there is no excuse for that. Even though, the shadows are really good quality: not powdery, very blendable and the colour range is perfect for the daily use. In fact, this palette is not life changing. The quality is really good, but not outstanding; my urban decay naked palettes blend as easy as this one, but costs a lot less.
So here I would like to summarize all pros and cons of this ballet for those of your thinking getting hands on it.

PROS:
-great matte, neutral colours which look amazing on every skin tone;
-good quality of eyeshadows: you can blend it within seconds up to any degree as you wish;
-really a lot of product in the refills;

CONS:
-very high price tag;
-the quality of eyeshadows are not THAT outstanding;

Because of the huge hype on the internet, one may think that this palette is an absolute must-have. In fact, shadows perform well, but definitely it is not necessary to be on the hunt for them.
In my opinion, the price/quality ratio is not justified, as there are more affordable alternatives on the market. The only thing that makes me keep the pallet is a great colour range of those shadows.

I purchased and returned this product once before buying it for keeps, thinking it initially too warm, matte, & neutral for my liking. I realized that at my age mattes are better, and was craving a more neutral yet precise look. Kept looking at youtube looks and reading reviews and took the plunge to buy it again. It has become my absolute fall-back jack of all trades basic eye palette from which I can create dozens of looks, even cool-based ones (the colors on the bottom row are cooler). Once I got this I ended up tossing Tarte in Bloom (no comparison in quality), & TF Neutral Mattes (ditto). KVD Shade & Light eye is the only one that compares in terms of quality, and the range of those colors is more neutral & less variable.

Once I played with this one for a month I splurged on the Dark Mattes, Sultry Muse, and Bijoux palettes as well, which I can use to branch out from the Neutral Matte basics.

Absolutely a top notch staple in my makeup stash!

on 12/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

Other than the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette this is the best eyeshadow palette I have purchased in the past decade. The shades are universally flattering and useful - the pigmentation is excellent and the blending on the eye is outstanding. I did not love the dark matte palette - it just was too severe - but this is so very flattering and easy to use I think that a woman / girl of any age would love it. It does kick up a little fall out ... but any finely milled shadow is the same. Can't recommend it enough - even the pricing is competitive when you look at the number of shadows you get.

I have been on the fence with this product. I know the price is high but honestly the value is there when you figure in how much product you are getting. They are pigmented and blend like a dream. It is just a bit too warm overall for my liking. The Urban Decay 2 Basics is a much better color palette for my nw20 skin tone. I will keep it and use it, but it just isn't the best for my coloring.

on 8/24/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

While the quality of the eye shadows is excellent, I think there are other neutral matte eyeshadow palettes that are comparable to this one and cost less. For the price, this palette should have a mirror, brush, and overall better packaging. I'm guessing the company wants to save on production costs. I wouldn't splurge on this palette; take a look at the other palettes such as urban decay, too faced, Kat von d, and tarte before considering this one.