Essie Take it Outside

No Image

on 10/10/2017 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I came across Essie Take it Outside in my stash of polishes, never used! This is a great polish! The color is a greige (gray/beige), it's a perfect neutral.
The polish is on the thin side, but if you're careful not to take on too much with the brush it goes on perfectly, self levels, dries quickly, has perfect opacity and a high shine. I used 2 coats and a top coat of Seche Vite. Who could ask for more from a polish. I'm glad I found it, I will use it often.

on 6/20/2015 4:04:00 AM

This nail polish is simply stunning💜 I love treating myself to high-end polish and this beats even OPI. The formular is amazing and goes on smoothly and levels itself out so that the application is always flawless (it's as though it autocorrects any bad applications😂) There's no streaks at all and I used two thin coats for a completely opaque look but one medium-to-thick coat would get the same affect. As usual, the packaging is a 10/10 and the color is very individual and so beautiful (especially for winter- which is the season atm here in New Zealand.) I'd actually go as far to say that this formular is perfect, which, as a girl who has tried every nail polish, would make it one of the best/the best I own. Very, very good!

on 9/8/2014 2:44:00 PM

As a fan of mystery novels, I was intrigued by the names of Essie's Fall 2014 collection, all crime-related. And the colors are pretty awesome, as well! I bought Take it Outside and three other polishes, which I'll review later. Take it Outside is a light gray crme, very sophisticated and perfect for the late-summer-into-early-fall season. Some blogs have described it as light taupe, but I disagree - it's not taupe, it's not greige, it's a warm gray. Application was smooth - it went on a bit thickly, which made it a bit difficult to put on a thin first layer evenly, but it self-levelled beautifully and the second layer was perfectly opaque.

on 8/22/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I went to Ulta just for the new Essie Fall 2014 polishes. I cannot find them anywhere else. I purchased this polish and another one from the collection that I haven't tried yet. Essie polishes are wonderful, the wear time is perfect on me every time provided I use and anchoring base coat. This is a dusty grey with a hint of pink. With my skintone (MAC NW45) I really cannot just wear any ole grey that is layng around. This is very work friendly while looking sophisticated/chic. My mommy could wear this to work and be quite pleased. It has the potential to be worn over and over this fall and on into winter. Creme finish, opaque with 2 coats. Very shiny! Well done Essie.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Essie's take it outside is a very pretty color with an amazing formula. Essie formulas are a hit or miss and this one is a hit. The formula is super buttery and opaque. It is also self leveling and not streaky.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So far this is the only color out of this collection that I have but it's AMAZING!! If only every polish in the world had this one's formula, I would be a very happy camper. Literally one coat is all it takes and it doesn't even have to be a thick coat either. I was not expecting that out of a light shade. Usually darker nail polishes have good formulas and the lighter ones are hard to work with but not this one!

Not to mention the fact that the color is pretty amazing, too. Very close to another one by essie, master plan. But this one has a better formula IMO.

Popular Polishes