Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Bitten

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Bitten

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been back and forth with this shadow. The shade is fun, a maroon reddish medium to dark color. I like it in the outer half of my lid with things like Inglot 399 or other light pink and purple shades.
But, it's powdery with lots of fall out. It can be difficult to build pigmentation, especially with said fallout. I keep this shade in my collection because it's unique and I can make it work. I wish it was a better formula.

I alternate this with cocoa bear and wear almost every day on lash line... Can't live without either one!!

on 9/25/2015 4:34:00 PM

I bought this color because it gets so many good reviews on YT, and I didn't want to buy MAC Cranberry because of the shimmer. Honestly, I like this shadow--good pigmentation, applies smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes (okay, doesn't irritate them as much as other colors with red in them do). It s a matte cranberry shade, and it looks very pretty paired with preppy, but the truth is I am more of a brown neutral matte girl, so it isn't one of my go-to shadows.

on 5/7/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh I love this shadow so much. This and chickadee, if you are looking to buy then combo of these two is so beautiful (If you like warm looks). I have to stop myslef from using it everyday. It makes a beautiful crease shade and I know that some palettes (The balms Nude Dude and Chocolate bar) have maroons in them but they always pull a little brown or black. Even when I use this shade with darker colors it adds a lovely wearable pop of color to the look. Love it.

on 12/26/2014 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just like someone has already stated it's the matte texture that truly makes this eye-shadow unique. I absolutely love it. I use it in conjunction with chickadee and cocoa bear in the crease, fading into an ombre, cosmopolitan on the lid, and this in the outer v.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I own almost every eyeshadow from Makeup Geek, and I have never been disappointed! Bitten is one of the most amazing and beautiful red shadows I've even used on my lids. It is easy to apply, it has a smooth and buttery feel to it, which I find amazing! I also love how great the pigmentation is!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bitten isn't really a rare shade because of the tone, but because it's a matte. It's a red based brown mixed with a lot of burgundy. Gorgeous for fall when mixed with other warm shadows.