Urban Decay NAKED2 Basics

Urban Decay NAKED2 Basics
NAKED2 Basics NAKED2 Basics NAKED2 Basics

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/4/2018 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6.5/10

This palette is decent. The shadows have good pigmentation and go on smoothly. They do need a bit of building up to achieve full opacity. I don't like using this palette on its own, I use it with my shimmery and colourful palettes like UD Electric to add a neutral accent or for blending.

It's not essential to my collection, but I'm glad I bought it and I use it regularly.

on 6/4/2018 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This is the palette that I use more than any. Cool, neutral, and matte. I actually use all of the shades, with the black serving as an eyeliner. The only reason that I gave it 4 rather than 5 lippies is that I wish that it were a bit creamy. Not sure that matte and creamy go together. I will definitely repurchase this one.

on 5/31/2018 7:07:00 AM

The only palette that I own, because I'm more into natural looks. I like the first four shades, the only ones I use. The problem I have with this products is that it is pretty fragile. The darkest shade cracked a tiny bit in the corner (due to throwing the palette into my make up bag, but I mean the distance was only a couple of inches) and the crack started to dimolish the whole thing. Had to remove "undone" completely because it ruined the light shades (but it was already popping out on its own). I would i agree with someone that said that there is too much fallout even when tapping the applicator.

I've become tired of red/orange pallettes! So this has become my go-to everyday palette. It's just so easy and fast to put a look together with this that is really pretty. The colors are all gorgeous! Although it's more on the cool side compared to Naked Basics, I still think this is still pretty neutral. The charcoal color on the end makes it easy to transition to night or just smoke out your daytime look. And the first 2 shades are more pale peachy-pink, which can warm up your look. These are matte shadows (except the first semi-matte shade), but they're not a "flat matte" or chalky looking. I will be repurchasing when I hit pan for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this well enough but I was not blown away. I use the light shades regularly and the darker shades in my eyebrows, but when I put on all the shadows for a more dramatic look, it comes out looking a bit muddy and not that great. I also find the colors to be a bit chalky. For very basic daytime looks this works, but I doubt I’d buy this again.

on 2/25/2018 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this.
Me: pale olive skin, MAC NC20/C1, slightly/partially hooded eyes, more so now, around 40, than when I was younger. I also have very oily lids and tend to get a bit of creasing even with primers, another thing that has increased with age, so I love mattes and rarely wear shimmers. They just transfer everywhere. I'm boring when it comes to eyeshadow. I rarely wear it at all in the daytime, maybe a light brown or taupe wash across the eyelid, not much more, and I mostly do pretty discreet, contoured matte looks with false eyelashes and a strong lip when I do put more than one colour on.

I planned on getting the original Naked Basics when I bought this, but although I do like the warmer neutrals in that one, I would hardly ever use the black shadow and I don't have much use for more than one highlight shade either. The range of graduated mid-tone taupes in Naked Basics 2 is much more useful for me. The softer, off-black darkest shade is also more wearable, and I can wear cool taupes and warm greys like these, they read more as very muted browns than straight-up grey on my skintone. It's a more cool-toned neutral palette than the original, for sure, but still more neutral than truly cool colors, I would say. Good for creating more depth, shadows and dimension. I actually use every single colour in it.

As for quality, I find these quite powdery, there's a good bit of kick-back when I dip brushes in them, but I don't get much fallout at all under the eyes, on the other hand. The pigmentation is very nice, without becoming too much, they blend well and don't get muddy and overblended too easily. Lasting power is good. They do crease on me eventually, even over primer, but everything does. The packaging is compact, practical and looks good. I like the generous mirror, and I really appreciate that it isn't any larger than it needs to be - so many palettes are.

Would get a solid 5 lipstick rating with less dusty fallout in the palette, but I really enjoy this one and will repurchase if I ever run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this palette with the Hot Damn limited edition holiday box. I was considering buying this before I got the box. I have the Naked basics 1 palette with the warmer tones. This has cooler colours with more taupe/ grey tones whereas the Naked 1 has warmer browns and beiges, so there is a big difference between the two palettes! There's a range of light to dark shades. The darkest shade is a lighter grey. Ideally I'd have liked a black but the grey is lovely for a softer, muted look. In typical UD style, the shadows and buttery, blendable and nicely pigmented. The fact the palette is so small makes this one a good choice for travelling with. I usually use this one for work.

on 11/19/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first "naked" palette I purchased. I'm not very good and selecting shades that work well together. (I tend to buy the Too Faced palettes with the instruction on Looks) The Naked palettes have so many shade, the size intimidates me. So I decided the basics version is all I really need. I opted for Naked 2 due to the cool tones. I love the cool grey taupe colors. Blend very well. I do experience a little fallout, not horrible. I tend to wear this along with black eyeliner. Good for fair cool tone gals. Wears like iron over primer.

Don't like it. Darker shades show up very similar on the eyes. Plus texture is chalky and pigmentation is low-medium. A disappointment. I like the first Basics more. You get a better texture, medium - full pigmentation and colors are not similar. If you prefer a real, hardcore natural eye look, go for this. Otherwise, try it before purchasing or have a look at reviews/swatches.

on 8/27/2017 12:09:00 AM

Too dry and chalky for my older skin. Too much fallout even when tapping the applicator. I like the colors, but pencils are much faster for brows and liner so that eliminates two of the colors.