Urban Decay NAKED2 Basics

Urban Decay NAKED2 Basics
NAKED2 Basics NAKED2 Basics NAKED2 Basics

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Don't like it. Darker shades show up very similar on the eyes. Plus texture is chalky and pigmentation is low-medium. A disappointment. I like the first Basics more. You get a better texture, medium - full pigmentation and colors are not similar. If you prefer a real, hardcore natural eye look, go for this. Otherwise, try it before purchasing or have a look at reviews/swatches.

on 8/27/2017 12:09:00 AM

Too dry and chalky for my older skin. Too much fallout even when tapping the applicator. I like the colors, but pencils are much faster for brows and liner so that eliminates two of the colors.

on 6/12/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous palette! I have used the heck out of Basics 1 over the years too but this one brings out my green eyes much more and the selection of gradient shades helps to achieve more sophisticated looks IMO. Surely it allows only limited possible combinations but I mostly use it in conjunction with other eyeshadows anyway. The colors *might* be on the cooler side but just slightly so, would suit a wide array of skin tones I believe.

I love how buttery and pigmented they are in general except from Undone which could be improved. There is some powder kick when dipping the brush but no noticeable fallout and they last all day with a primer.

About the packaging, although I enjoy how neat and soft it feels also gets dirty easily and tends to deteriorate overtime whin wiped with rubbing alcohol. Also the closing mechanism most probably won't survive falling on the floor. A bit pricey but the quality is worth it.

Really pushing it here with all this negative remarks but Basics 2 is still one of my best purchases of the wear so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant about this as I've seen (and read) a lot of reviews pointing that this is very cool toned and I normally don't look good at all with grayish eyeshadow. However, I bought this after swatching and looking in different lights and all. I must say I am really impressed with the lasting power of this (7-8 hours without any primer, just an ordinary concealer underneath). The 3rd shadow in this palette it is truly grey and it looks horrible on me, but the other ones work just fine. Easy to blend, very pigmented.
I don't think I'll buy this again, but I might try the bigger Naked palettes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cool toned matte palette. I prefer UD's matte formula to their shimmers, which are hit and miss in my opinion. This is an all inclusive palette that has transition, crease and lid options. Great for travel. I like the first Naked Basics as well but feel this is more cohesive.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not loving it.

I love the concept of having a small palette of essential eyeshadows. I liked my Naked2 but didn't use all the shades, so Naked2 Basics seemed like a better option than purchasing Naked2 again. And I must say I don't like to use this product as much as I liked Naked2. I was wrong to order it without testing in store.

Finish:
This palette has 5 mattes and one satin shade (Skimp). The original Naked2 has both matte and shimmery shades which makes it versatile, so this product is not a smaller alternative to the full version, but a palette with a completely different concept. You know how hard it is to make mattes works sometimes. To me these are chalky and patchy. I feel that their quality is not as good as in other UD palettes I used (Naked2 and Vice). I also experience a lot of fallout, both in pans and on my face. I have upgraded to better tools and products since I used Naked2 but application of these eyeshadows is way more frustrating than I had with Naked2 palette.

Colors:
I'm NC25 (Mac) and the second shade (Stark) doesn't show up on my skin. The last 4 shadows are just similar versions of cool toned brownish gray. Basically you have one highlight (Skimp), four transition shades and a darker accent. You can make a couple looks using only this palette, but you don't have much options. I find the color range boring and uninspiring. I literally become annoyed when I use the product (but I need to use it to justify the money spent on it). I love greenish and warm shades in Naked2, and I think it would be better to have a couple of them in this palette instead of 4 gradations of the same tone.

Packaging: I love it. It is sturdy and has a mirror. Perfect for touch-ups.

Multi-tasking: While I don't like this palette as eyeshadows, I find it useful for other purposes. First, it can be used on eyebrows. I have dark hair and shade Undone works great on my brows. It has enough pigment and its finish is not as important as when you use it as eyeshadow. Another way to use it is to contour. While darker shades are cool toned and won't suit all skin tones, Skimp is a nice highlighter.

Lasting power: I use these with UD primer and once applied they look good all day.

+ Packaging
+ Multi-tasking
+ Lasting power

- Shades are way too similar
- Hard to use

I won't repurchase this product. This is not a smaller version of Naked2. I wish I had bought a couple single eyeshadows which I really love.

on 12/29/2016 8:59:00 PM

I adore this palette...this is my first matte palette and i'm so in love just after one use....colors are all useful and it's a breeze to blend...it's not until using these eyeshadows that i realized how unblendable my other ones are......even with all matte colors they applied so easily and im into simple neutral eyes makeup usually with one or two colors so this is perfect for me....ever since i received this i really haven't been touching my other eyeshadows at all.......

on 3/18/2017 10:19:00 AM

HG neutral palette. I own the naked and naked2 and they are both excellent. Matte, pigmented, doesn't crease, gorgeous nude shades, buildable for a more dramatic look (or a smokey look)
It's a makeup staple every woman should own. It's 36$CA but it lasts forever so...it's a good deal for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little late to the party with Urban Decay's Naked collection and the saying is true, better late than never!

I'm so happy I finally got my hands on one of these pallets. Naked basics 2 is definitely on the cooler side which makes these shadows perfect for subtle everyday looks, however they can definitely be amped up for more dramatic night time looks as well as being used on the brows as they have no red pigment or shimmer. I myself use undone (the darkest shade) on my brows and I'm able to achieve a beautifully defined, yet natural look.

The quality of these shadows are brilliant. The colour payoff is amazing, the blend-ability is effortless which is ideal for non professional makeup artists like myself! And paired with a primer, you'll get a good eight to ten hours wear out of them before they start too crease. Used without a primer they will crease a lot sooner, however they never go patchy. The texture is very smooth and buttery and you really don't need much product due to the high pigmentation and because of this, the palette is going to last a very long time. The packaging is beautiful, the six shadows come in a cute compact with a very good sized mirror which makes these perfect for travelling as well as home storage.

The only issue I have with these shadows are that the darker shades, if too much product is applied onto your brush, do fall out. So I would advise you do your base after you've applied your eye-shadow just for an easier clean up. However the fall out is minimal.

I've struggled to find true matte eye-shadows on the high street so I'm really glad I purchased this palette as it comes with the most versatile mattes you could need! And for the £23 price tag, this palette is definitely an investment and money well spent! I would recommend this to everyone!

For a pallete of this size, I love the layout and that it has a full size mirror. The colors are all cool tones, which is why I chose this over the first basics. The pigment is decent (not full but not sheer) and builds and blends easily. I like that the pigment is medium, I find it's easier to control how much color you end up with, which can be especially difficult with mattes. The lightest shade isn't completely matte, more like a satin, but I think it compliments the palette as a whole. I like bringing this for travel, although my buxom palettes have been competing for travel-friendliness lately