Klorane Camomile extract shampoo

Klorane Camomile extract shampoo

4.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, German Chamomile Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MIPA, Lauryl Betaine, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently changed all my hair care routine and I'm very pleased with the result.
This shampoo cleans well without stripping hair of moisture, it doesn't build up, it smells nice and my blonde highlight do not become brassy (I also use purple shampoo every other week so I'm not sure it's because of this one).
I always wash my hair two times and the single downside is that I would run fast out of a 200ml bottle. Next time I'll buy 400ml :)

Update (one month later): I've used this shampoo for 3 months now and I must say it dries out my hair and scalp. My scalp got eczema for the first time in my life! Nothing changed except this shampoo, I even stopped blowdrying my hair.
Will never buy it again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite shampoo I've ever purchased. I have fine, curly hair that is easily prone to frizz, and becomes less curly and more wavy if it gets too dry. Since I switched to Klorane (from davines), my hair has been noticeably more smooth and has an easier time holding curl.

In terms of color: My hair is brown, so I'm not sure what compelled me to buy this, but I'm glad I followed my instincts. It does seem to have brought out some natural highlights in my hair (to the point my friend commented on it), but tbh in most lighting I can't tell a difference. I think my hair might just be shinier in general so it seems lighter, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Scent: I'm in love with the smell of this shampoo. I'm usually more of an "energizing" or minty person when it comes to shampoo, but this is surprisingly nice and I'm still not sick of it. It smells exactly like a cup of chamomile tea with honey.

I have no qualms with the price. It's cheaper than my last shampoo and a little goes a long way. It lathers as well as a cheap shampoo ;). No issues with the packaging, but I bought it in-store.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's so strange that I'm the only one who seems to have had this reaction, but I feel like this shampoo either doesn't clean my hair all the way or leaves the roots a little greasyespecially if I go more than a day between washes, which I almost always do. That said, absolutely everything else about this product is wonderful.

I had been lusting for this product for a while, but waited until a recent trip to Paris to pick it up at a pharmacie. The scent, as other reviewers have mentioned, is heavena delicate blend of honey and chamomile. Love. The blonde-ing effect is quite startling! I couldn't believe how much lighter and fresher the color looked.

Ultimately, I'm still undecided as to whether I'd re-purchase. I'll use my current bottle up and see if my hair adjusts and stops feeling so greasy. If not, I'll at least keep enjoying the smell...

on 10/7/2012 7:32:00 PM

This is the best shampoo that I have ever used. Honestly better than the salon products I have bought before. Maybe it's just my hair type- very fine hair, but tonnes of it? But this shampoo just makes it super soft, clean and not at all greasy. I can't believe more people aren't using this! Also love the chamomile smell. (I use it with the conditioner in the same line- perfect)

AMAZING!! I bought this at Guardian in Singapore on sale for SGD29.90 for 2 bottles and I think the original price was SGD18.90 for one, which is pretty reasonable for a shampoo, I think. My hair is dark brown, but I dyed the insides blonde. What initially caught my interest was that it had chamomile, and it smells so incredible. If I had to describe it, it smells like a mix of honey and chamomile. Every time I use it in the shower I get this thrill from the smell. The texture is gel-like but lathers up well. I also noticed that the blonde in my hair lost its brassiness and generally looked lighter. Just all in all, highly recommended. I may never purchase another shampoo again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great shampoo for fine, blonde hair. As a disclaimer, my hair is fine and bleached/processes. It has warm undertones and is particularly prone to brassiness.

PROS
I didn't notice it doing anything particular to the color, but that's probably a good thing. After about a month of washing with hard water, my hair tends to develop brassiness. This did a nice job slowing down that process (but not eliminating it completely). It's not magic, thought.

It eliminates oils without harshly stripping my hair, leaving it feel light and clean.

The fresh herbaceous-honey smell is really quite a nice departure from the sticky-sweet fragrance in most hair products.

It develops a rather impressive lather from a small amount of shampoo. That's hard to find in a plant-based shampoo.

CONS
The packaging- the cap breaks/gets stuck. Whatever, I just won't be traveling with it.

The price. It's literally more than half the price in France (where I originally bought it) and there are no discernible formula changes here in the US. Paying $20 for something here is absurd when I paid $8 in France is a little insulting.

on 8/12/2012 12:58:00 AM

Even though Klorane shampoos are expensive & I can only find them online, they do seem to be the best for my hair. This one is clear yellow, silicone free & lathers beautifully. My hair is fine and the ends are drier, but I do like my hair to be clean, and this cleans it nicely without tangling or drying. It does contain sodium laureth sulfate, and some less than 'natural' ingredients, but it does not dry my hair out or cause excessive shedding on me. It smells like chamomile tea with a touch of honey. Makes my brown henna'd hair bright & shiny, too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Smells lightly fruity+floral. Consistency of the liquid isn't thick, and neither do you need a lot of product. Lathers just enough and washes out very easily. Still, its got silicone in it and over years of experimentation and elimination, i've figured out that really dries out my scalp majorly. So I won't be buying this again.

on 1/25/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a good shampoo.
It is quite small for the price.
The packaging is very nice and fits on my shower ledge.
It looks pretty and elegant.
The shampoo itself feels very nice in your hands as well as your hair.
"Smooth" is the best way I can describe the texture.
It feels like a creamy gel, if that makes sense.
The smell is wonderful - I'm really sick of cloying "fruity florals" found in drugstore shampoos.
This is a sweet honey floral scent but refined.
The lather is smooth and full.
It leaves my hair feeling light and baby-soft, even without conditioner!
My hair is brown with natural blonde/red highlights, this shampoo definitely enhances them.

The only negative I can think of is the price.
EDIT: Another negative is that it can be drying. Depends how much you use.

on 5/18/2011 8:44:00 AM

I love this product! It cleans my hair really nicely and doesn't weigh it down at all! I like the packaging and think its reasonably priced at about 8 for 400ml. Will definitely continue to buy this!

Popular Hair Products