Calvin Klein Reveal

No Image

3.2

on 2/23/2017 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Surprise! I've fallen in love with CK Reveal. It is a surprise to me because I tend to gravitate towards perfumes by Chanel, Guerlain, Dior and "niche" houses. The only CK perfume I've worn much is Euphoria (the original).

As sometimes happens, one day I spritzed on some Reveal in passing and as time went by I was drawn to how it smelled on my skin and wafted around me. You know how you sometimes think: "Oh, I smell something lovely" and then you discover it is your own perfume?

For me, Reveal is a 'go anywhere, wear anytime' perfume. It is present, with decent sillage and longevity, but it is not overpowering. I like it when people stand next to me, or we share a hug, that they often say "oooh. you smell Nice!". It is not "oooh. your perfume smells nice". See the difference?

Reveal reminds me of ocean breezes. It reminds me of sunshine...and there is a plush softness to the scent which I adore. Reveal isn't a floral, it isn't an oriental, it isn't masculine. That's what it is NOT....but what it is, is a lovely perfume I enjoy wearing when the weather is warm (regardless of season).

on 1/31/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice skin scent. It has a salty note, and some soft amber and sandalwood. I think it's nice. Calvin Klein's scents for women tend to be overly floral, so this is a nice change of pace.

on 11/26/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love CK's Reveal because it does not have ( to my nose) any floral notes. It is a salty warm slightly musky woody scent that is very comforting to wear. On me it's subtle, yet getting lots of compliments. Purchased the body lotion and the rollerball fragrance at Marshalls and TJ Maxx at a deep discount. Hoping to get more Reveal gifts at Christmas!

on 4/17/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was drawn to the new Calvin Klein fragrance from a magazine add with good old Charlie Hunnam and a sample of the fragrance. Needless to say, it was addictive. I kept going back again and again. I hunted down a small bottle and on first spray I was disappointed. It did not smell like magazine! Where the ad was deeper sandalwood & musk, in real life, my bottle was much more cashmeran and solar accord. Which is fine for me. This scent works well with my body chemistry and I do love it. I am very much a gourmand/oriental type of gal and this is just a hop skip out of that territory. I have been wearing it as a signature scent for several months (about 6) and have not received one comment good or bad which leads me to deduct that the sillage is terrible. This scent fades almost as soon as you put it on. It truly is a nude scent. No one can tell you are wearing scent most of the time. Maybe they thinks its just you but better? Whatever the case, I am debating buying a second bottle, or possibly seeking out another salt/nude type scent. The pepper notes (some of my favorites usually) are ghosts. Main contenders here are Sandalwood, Cashmeran, Musk and Solar Accord with the tiniest dab of salt. This scent is reminiscent of L de Lolita in a way. One of my favorites but I hoard it now that its DCd.

Raw Salt Signature, Pink Pepper, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Oris, Ambergris, Solar Accord, Sandalwood, Musk, Cashmeran.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lately, I dont like the CK perfumes anymore. And Reveal is no exception. The bottle is strange, Like 4Everlasting I always leave it in the box because I have fear of breakage. I dont know how to leave it standing. I like the scent but it faded so fast!! I used to love the CK scents but from Beauty, through Downtown until Reveal they dont like me anymore.

on 1/15/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I had one word: vile. I bought this in the rollerball. Packaging is fine. I like the full-sized bottle OK, too. It has a sort of unisex quality; it reminds me of a men's cologne I can't put a finger on, but a bit lighter and, well, worse.

A lot of people are saying it fades fast or has a light scent. Maybe the rollerball applies too much product, because on me, it was OVERWHELMINGLY strong. Headache inducing. Nausea inducing. Like a cheap beach motel with a plugin air freshener. Whatever that top note is, it's strong, cloying, sharp, synthetic, cheap...not good. What a bummer. It has some nice base notes that you can barely even detect.

I'm bummed I bought it "sight unsmelled" and will probably end up giving it away. I live in a smaller town with nothing but a few sad counters at Belk for cosmetics and fragrance, and should have learned my lesson not to buy perfume without smelling it first. My fault!

on 9/19/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Went into the store, smelled this, liked it and bought in. Then a 1/2 hour later, was regretting my decision. The scent while sweet/musky has a spicy floral undertone after being on me for a little bit and I didn't like it. The scent alo made me nauseous. I do have other Calvin Klein fragrances that I like and wanted to like this as well, but it just didn't happen. I personally find this perfume does not know what scent it wants to be and maybe that is the point of it. Needless to say after wearing it for an 1 hour, I decided to return it to the store and save $70!

on 10/15/2014 6:19:00 PM

I know that perfum does not smell the same on one person to another.....but for me , i really like this one. Very light sweet smell.

on 9/3/2014 9:37:00 PM

I just tried Reveal at the store and I have to say this is not one of Calvin Klein's best. First off, this is SO strong, it gave me a headache. It's not very feminine. Smells like wet sticks and twigs and moss and pepper. And so heavily! Very potent and not in a good way. It didn't fade enough on me so I had to wash it off and that wasn't easy. I kept waiting for this scent to turn into a real fragrance but it never did.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this perfume so much. I absolutely loved the smell, all the notes and layers. The scent is so different from all those fruity or floral perfumes. This is a light musky scent with sandalwood, salt, iris, pepper. Such a perfect combination. BUT... the scent fades so fast. I'd spray it on and within 2 hours the scent had faded entirely. It just doesn't last long enough. Another con is the bottle. It's this chunky, heavy, triangle bottle. I actually keep it in the box because I'm afraid it will fall and break if I try to stand the bottle up. So, in conclusion: It smells great, but not long enough. And the bottle shape is annoying. But I still love it.

Popular Fragrances