no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

It is simply one of the most flattering purples out there. I actually got it because of the reviewer below, when she mentioned aubergine. I remembered a makeup artist (Alexis Vogel, but I love how she does the eyes, one of the first makeup looks I remember admiring was, it turns out, done by her) saying that copper and eggplant are the best dramatic colours for brown eyes, and hadn't found any good one. Lancome Snap was the closest I got (a good one in its own right). UD are good at getting tones and shades right so they are distinct, usually vibrant, but not ugly. It goes well with Roach or Toasted, but to be honest I like it best on its own, with perhaps a neutral or pale pink shadow. Typical good Urban Decay texture/formula and excellent lasting power without base even (goes for most of their single shadows). In comparing to A. Vogel mentioned above, Roach and Rockstar closely match her 2 shadows recommended for medium skintones. I own one of them, but prefer UD.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

from

5 years ago

Well, hello deep aubergine goodness! It's funny I had just pulled out a page from my InStyle that had a bunch of aubergine outfits saying it was one of the big colors for fall. I pulled it out because I wanted something makeup related that beautiful eggplant color. Enter Rockstar. I was building a strong purple toned UD quad and needed a purple based anchor. Rockstar was the winner with it's beautiful deep purple goodness that can go deep or light depending on application. It pairs heavenly with Heartless & Verve. I chose Rockstar over the other purples for a few reasons. First, it was the most sophisticated and conservative of the other purple shades. Second other shades were too much of a statement shade or received poor reviews for patchy application. And third, Rockstar is just a shimmer shade (luminous sheen, no glitter), not a sparkle (aka glitter bomb). This shade also makes my brown eyes look amazing & it doesn't accentuate my under eye circles. If you are looking at purples, check out Rockstar it is amazing. FYI, I am Nw20, deep soft winter with almost black hair, & brown eyes.

About reviewer (1197 reviews)

Age36-43