4.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

6 months ago

I bought it directly from the NYX website when it was on sale - perhaps that's the reason why because from the very beginning it was unusable - very very dry, almost solid. I'm very disappointed as I like NYX generally. Perhaps the tube I got was just very old but I don't think I will risk buying another one...

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

3.0
from

2 years ago

Edited: nope. Tube became impossible to work with even though it was over half full. Even sticking a hairpin in the opening didn’t solve the problem, so I think it must be getting drier or thicker inside. Too bad, because it behaved well—until it didn’t. Wow! I liked Milani's Stay Put Brow Color better than the powders and pencils I'd used over the years, though it needed more pigment. But this—This is great stuff. LOTS of pigment, need to be careful because the amount you use is tiny, less than a pinhead, and it really stays until you take it off. The tube has a very small opening, so it's easy to get the teensy bit you need and it's not likely to dry out in the decade or so it will take to use it all. I wouldn't mind their having another shade or two, particularly a deep auburn. For those of us of a certain age, when brows fade and thin, this is a must-have—and the price is terrific.

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Comparing to ABH's brow pomade....I personally think, this is better. issues I had with ABH's were that the product dried up on me and I found it difficult to use. I couldn't make my eyebrows look natural for some reason. Nyx is so much more easier to use and my eyebrows look so natural, the key is to blend it with an eyebrow brush. Ironically, I do use it with the ABH's eyebrow brush. So far, the product hasn't dried up on me and I don't believe it will dry up as it is in a tube and I ensure the lid is on tightly. The lasting power is amazing as it lasts all day. Price is amazing for the amount of product you get as a little goes a long way and I feel like I will have this for at least a year (most likely more). Definately worth the price and will re-purchase.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I love this product! I just bought it and I will post later on whether the product does indeed dry out, as some posters here have reported. I bought 2 tubes, one lighter shade and one darker shade to have the 2 tone eyebrow effect. This is just as good as the dipbrow pomade from Anastasia. It gives me the bushier eyebrow effect, as my eyebrows are thin and I like to thicken them. I am unable to achieve the same thickness with a powder, as it doesn't give as much coverage. This is a gel, which dries to a matte finish. It doesn't budge, come off or anything. This stuff is solid. I hope my tube doesn't dry out. It's such a great product. I'll report in a few weeks to see if my tubes have dried out. I hope not!

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

My hg! Perfect to create definition & fullness into eyebrows

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

It was good while it lasted. Unfortunately, it wasn't that long... maybe a month? Like many others have mentioned, the contents of the tube solidified into an unusable mass.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This is my favorite brow product. I have extremely sparse/light brows, and so I basically have to paint on my entire brow every morning. This stays in place all day, it doesn't fade, and the product itself lasts forever. I have been using mine every day for months and I still have quite a lot left -- though I do notice it's a little harder to squeeze out now than in the beginning, maybe because the product is getting dryer? I like that it's in a squeeze tube. I squeeze a tiny bit onto the tip and dab it with my angled eyeliner brush, then use that on my brows. This way I don't have to squeeze any product out onto a flat surface and waste some. It's also a good price.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

2 years ago

What a terrible product. I usually do not buy drugstore makeup because I love to try products before the purchase. We spontaneously decided to go for beach holidays so I needed a product that will make my thin brows be presented all day long. After some research, I went to Ulta and purchased NYX gel. First - I've mistaken with color. Actually, I did not, I've taken the single color that was the closest to my natural brows Shade 03 Brunette. I had to go for that one because two lighter colors Blonde (too beige) and Chocolate (too warm) definitely couldn't work. Frankly, when I saw that nothing matches me perfectly I should have just go back home. But I've bought the product, came back with it, and decided to give it a try. It's very difficult to use. Usually, for the paints in the tubes some container and applicator are provided, but not with this one. This comes alone. You will need to put it on something in order to work with. I did not have anything to put it on so I squeezed the tube and put a bit on my brow brush, then disaster has started. It's impossible to distribute it evenly, and the color that came out of the tube was looking completely black. I did not keep it for long, but when I washed it off my brows were too dark and uneven. I used to color my brows at home with a special brow dye, so I'm very familiar with the application process. But I must say I have never had such a horrific result. If you think that none of the colors match you perfectly - walk away. If you like to have long lasting result buy a brow dye instead.

About reviewer (651 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Best value for your money! Makes your eyebrows look naturally bushy without any additional brow products. Stays on just as good after 12hrs of wearing. So far had no problem with product drying up (after a month of everyday use), but my application brush gets crusty from the product, so don't waste any good brushes on it. Still far better than loreal and maybelline brow products I tried in similar price range. Personally, I would prefer it in a jar though (as someone mentioned earlier):)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

3.0

3 years ago

I have black Asian hair, and I must say I don't really have jet black hair but I still bought the black shade because I really love dark brows that have ashy tones. The black shade isn't completely black though, it still has some taupeness to it which is great because I don't really want to look like I use sharpie on my brows. Anyway to my real review: I tried this so many times just to make it work for me, but it just wouldn't on its own. The consistency is very dry and thick, so when you apply it on the brows you don't really have enough time to blend it, as it sets so freaking fast. I don't know if the product I got is just way too thick or it's just drying out or if this is really its consistency. If you can blend this well then I applaud you because I really can't. But hey, since I'm one of those people who hates wasting product and wants to make everything work, this is what I did: I took my old eyeliner gel (in a jar), cleaned it and put a few amount of the nyx eyebrow gel, and then I pour a little bit of argan oil and I mixed the two together. I don't know if this will work on other oils but since argan oil is what I have, I used that and it worked great. The consistency becomes very runny and oily, but good god it was so much better than its original state. I was able to apply this product on my eyebrows easier, smoother and much more natural but still thick and full. This hack is so much better because it's faster since it's already in the jar. If you're having the same problem as me then give this hack a try. PS the formula also didn't change at all, it just made it runnier and not thick, but it's still waterproof and smudgeproof once your eyebrows set, this will really just give you more time to blend your eyebrows. I will probably still buy this again once I run out because it's water/smudgeproof, but if not for argan oil I wouldn't anymore.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24