Palmer's Palmer's Shea Butter Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/29/2016 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

You have to look for the older version like pictured here, white bottle, green label. The newer Raw Shea squeeze bottle does not smell the same and seems a bit thinner. How I LOVE the old fragrance which some here have aptly described as green banana -- I sometimes even mixed in a bit of my fragrance lotion into it, and it took on the scent well and stretched my expensive stuff.

New one is too vanilla-cookie for me somehow and does not go as well with my own fragrances. Palmer's lotions seem to be organic and are not tested on animals. Very affordable price too, which means you can slather them on liberally. l just wish I had stocked up on the old version.

Nice overall smell. Does not leave a residue. I usually buy during the summer time for a deep hydration on sunburned skin. Does not irritate at all. Feels incredibly soothing after shaving :)

on 11/12/2013 2:00:00 PM

I didn't think this lotion worked any better than a cheaper brand would. It isn't for someone with dry skin especially in the winter weather. I was very disappointed.

on 7/29/2013 7:24:00 AM

Love. Love the texture, love the moisturising properties, even love green-banana-cream smell, which is blankety and soothing. Love the concentrated version of this product too, the thick one for hands and feet. Palmer's mis-named 'fragrance free' lotion is going in the bin. Hate the scent of that one, although I concede the product is very moisturising. Anyway, I've found what I want.

on 5/20/2013 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I recently ran out of my previous body moisturizer and decided to go for a cheaper option. I heard a lot of good things about the Palmer's Cocoa butter and figured the Shea butter should work just as good. While I love the consistency and I don't even mind the smell too much, it just doesn't give me enough moisture. When I first put it on, it takes me a while to even get it rubbed in properly. It just doesn't seem like it absorbs into my skin, it just lays on top. It feels nice for the first 3-4 hours, but after that it feels like I never even had lotion on in the first place. To be honest, I think it just gets absorbed into my clothes. I wanted to like this because the price is so do-able but sorry to say, I won't be repurchasing this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- tropical smell (like banana & frangipani)
- nice consistency
- left skin soft
Cons:
- slight residue on skin
I liked this moisturiser for use on legs in summer. The body wash has a similar fragrance and is also nice for summer.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is really great, particularly if used as a foot lotion. I used it on mine and it worked wonders. It made them really soft, especially after filing away the dead skin. I really like this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't like the smell of Cocoa butter so I bought this lotion (that has Vitamin E in it as well) as I am a huge fan of Shea Butters. It did seem to nicely moisturize my skin but I just cannot stand the smell of this product. It smells too herbal and/or green for my nose. I tried to use it up but due to the smell I'm using this as a foot cream only. Not repurchaisng this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this item in the brown/ tan colored bottle with a pump because I was looking for fragrance free cocoa butter and all the stores in my city were out or did not carry it. I cannot stand the smell of cocoa butter. However I'm very glad I came across the shea butter lotion instead, I like the frangrance, it seems thicker and more moisturizing than the palmers cocoa butter, It also leaves my skin glowing with a nice sheen. I prefer this 10x more than cocoa butter. The condition of my skin is better overall. I'm not sure if it has the same properties as cocoa butter as far as its fading capabilities, but it is still a great product.

on 7/1/2010 1:37:00 AM

I bought this for a bargain price of 2.12 at the grocery store. I was stoked. My SO raised his eyebrows and said sourly, "Don't you have enought of that stuff?"

Hmph.

I like the Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It is an excellent moisturizer and I've noticed a difference in my stretch marks. But the smell is atrocious!
I smelled this in the grocery aisle and the fragrance is like ripened bananas and something divine. I don't understand why everyone else can't stand it!

It is not as moisturizing as the cocoa butter, but Palmer;s also makes this in the cream, which might work better for those with drier skin.

Anyhow, I'm going back to the grocery store tomorrow because dayum, I'm going to buy the rest of these! 2.12?!?!?!?