NYX Angel Veil

NYX Angel Veil
Angel Veil

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane , Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Nylon-12, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-12, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Tocopherol, Caprylic Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (Cl 77947).

I just bought this yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out. I got hooked on Hourglass veil mineral primer through a sample from Sephora, but just can't justify buying it, as it's price tag is beyond exorbitant. Maybe during tax return...
Now I've heard the angel veil is a dupe for the Hourglass so I went out and bought it because I've got several events this month that I desire to look flawless at. This product does come out thicker than the hourglass, and slightly chunky. But once mixed between my fingers, it goes on very similarly to the Hourglass. It's velvety and smooth, glides over my skin, and fills my pores beautifully. It doesn't leave me with a white cast as some others have stated, but that could be because I'm very pale. My makeup looked utterly flawless, it lasted an 8 hour day, with no creasing, no oil breakthrough, and no sliding. I'm very impressed!
Do I think it's a dupe for Hourglass? No, but it's quality is about the same. It fills my pores in better than the Hourglass, but the finish is a bit more matte than the Hourglass. I like a dewy finish, but I can solve that with highlighter, and to be honest, I'm less shiny at the end of the day with the angel veil. I like it better in fact. With time, this just may become an HG product for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

A vintage font adds to the goofiness of the packaging, but if you can pass on that aspect, this isn't a bad option for a primer.

I normally use either a moisturizer or the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, which work well, but the latter feels too dry and the former doesn't always seem to keep makeup in place.

Angel Veil helps with me with foundations that are "dry" like Armani Maestro Fusion.
While it isn't a miracle if you have dry skin, it helps and feels more alive than the silicone primer.

I use it in the winter especially.

The price is right and I wear it over a sunblock, too.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Mmm...didn't do anything for me. I didn't see a difference in application, wear time, or appearance in my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this product watching YouTube videos. For the price, why not try it out. If this product does not work for you, I have a question. Are you moisturizing first? I tired it first without moisturizer underneath and the results were horrible: enlarged pores and makeup did not stay in place. Maybe if you are 20 you can use this as a base.

Moisturize first and then apply this and my makeup is matte.

I tried this along with Gueralin L'or Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold. Did the half face test. Nyx and Gueralin after 10 hours, I could not see a major difference on either side of my face. For the price, you cannot go wrong with this product.

Update 11/1/2017: using this occassionally will make your skin soft, but after a week, this makes my foundation settle in pores. Returned it.

on 8/17/2017 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

So after a lot of searching and waiting i finally found this product in my country.

PROS.
. The packaging is simple and cute
. There is no silicone feel to the primer
. It dries down nice and matte
. Leaves the area smooth

CONS.
. The product separates so you have to really shake it up before use

Now the product does give a purpleish cast but if you use a little and rub it in well you don't see it.

on 8/16/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really disappointed with this. I've seen so many good reviews about it and maybe I'm doing something wrong, or it's my skin or something, but I just cannot get this to work at all. It doesn't just do nothing positive, it actually makes my foundation sit horribly on top. I've left it to sink in for about 15/20 minutes to give it a chance, I've used different sized amounts etc but nothing works. My foundation goes really cakey and patchy (I've tried maybelline fit me matte and poreless, bourjois healthy mix and L'Oréal pro matte with this). I always have to remove and reapply my foundation. A lot of people seem to like this, but for me it just does not work!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think this is a really nice primer, it made my makeup goes on smoother on top of it. I like it but not love it. But for the price and the quality i think this is a really nice primer at the drugstore.

on 6/27/2017 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had high expectations for this since I watched several Youtubers raving about this product. I really thought it would give my a poreless, flawless finish while mattifying my skin at the same time.

Here are my observations. Please note that YMMV, so what did not work for me may actually work for you, and vice versa. By the way, I have combination skin, and my nose and inner cheeks tend to get super oily especially now that it's summer.

1) The texture of it is quite smoothing, I feel like it's a typical face primer.

2) It's a bit difficult to spread around, and leaves a little bit of tackiness.

3) My face feels mattified AT FIRST, and I find that my pores were slightly minimized, AT FIRST. That's for about 1 hour. After that, my face would look like I did not put on any smoothing primer at all. I can see my pores, and I can see my oils starting to break through.

4) As for prolonging makeup wear, I think this is where it serves its purpose. Because of its initial tackiness when I first put it on, it is able to grab on to my makeup a little longer -- perhaps, for a maximum of additional 2 hours. Unfortunately, because it cannot regulate my oil, it defeats the purpose of prolonging my makeup.

5) OVER-ALL: The only thing that I like about this is that NYX is a cruelty-free brand. Other than that, you can get other face primers from the drugstore that wouldn't cost you as much, but will perform the same way, or even better.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very nice primer. I found it when I was searching for a dupe for the Hourglass primer, because my gosh that stuff is expensive. I wouldn't say that Angel Veil is an exact dupe, but it is close. They're quite different in terms of consistency as NYX's version is much more of a cream than Hourglass's more liquidy formula. In terms of the way that they feel on the skin, they're also very similar, with Hourglass's version feeling a little more silky and luxurious. When it comes to performance, on my combo skin they are very similar, and that's where they're the most dupey. I have tried this with several different foundations, and it plays nicely with all of them; it improves wear time and creates a nice, even base for the foundation to glide on to. If I suddenly won the lottery or got a big ol' raise at work I would kick this to the curb and bathe myself in Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, but for the sake of my budget, NYX Angel Veil is a very good alternative. (I would rate Hourglass five lippies out of five and NYX four and a half out of five, for the record.)

on 6/16/2017 6:34:00 PM

I love this product!! It's my all time favorite. I have mostly normal skin but huge pores and when I put this on my face looks flawless and it makes foundation glide on like a dream😍