NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil

NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil
Angel Veil

3.4

Updated 6/2018: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane , Polysilicone-1, Cyclohexasiloxane,Glyceryl Stearate, Nylon-12, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Laureth-12, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). ***NOTE: product no longer claims to be oil-free. Its old formula and bottle did. -----------------------OLD: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane , Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Nylon-12, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-12, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Tocopherol, Caprylic Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (Cl 77947).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a "meh" for me. I was so excited, the girl at the store told me she loved this primer, she was blonde and fair skinned.
I arrived home, cleaned my face and starting applying this all over my face, it's really creamy, it left me a real whitish "veil", I felt my skin softer but also dry..ok, no worries, let's see what happens with foundation. Of course, it dries every product you put on top, except if it's a little shimmery like MAC Strobe Cream and even in that case, you can see where the brush stroke started and where it ends because of the matifying finish this primer offers. I didn't wear that make up for too long because I felt my face too heavy but I didn't like the finish it offers, completely matte.

Day 2, I decided to apply this primer only on my oily zones (T zone except the bridge of the nose but including the sides of the nostrils), on my always-oily eyelids and where my dark circles are. GOLD! That's what I've found!!
I just LOVE this product for that purpose! My concealer lasts all day, well, at least 10 hs, and my eyelids really show the eyeshadows I put on, so far, I'm fascinated.
The best part is the teeny tiny tip it has and the little amount of product that comes out, I hate wasting make up!
Overall, I would purchase this again, knowing the treasure it meant for my concealer!

on 6/16/2018 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’m in love with this primer.
I used to use the Dior photo finish but they discontinued it and was searching for a primer that was as good as the dior and finally found it.

I cannot live without this one. My sking is radiant, soft and beautiful. Everyone around me thinks i have a secret behind this glow and this primer is the secret.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just an "ok" primer. I have more oily prone skin and even though it makes my skin soft, my foundation still breaks around my nose mid day. This may be a decent primer for someone with normal skin but I wouldn't recommend it when there are better ones out there. Oh well! :)

on 1/19/2018 11:25:00 AM

It is mattifying and hides the pores a bit but isn't the best out there, it's quite drying and gives some texture to the skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was so excited to find this on sale because I'd heard such good things about it. My skin is extremely reactive to silicones ie. I break out like a mother but this got my attention as a waterbased drugstore primer, no 'cones. Unfortunately though I just couldn't get this to work with me. My foundation always looked flaky, patchy and generally icky when used in conjunction with this junk. It didn't break me out or irritate my crybaby skin. But it didn't really benefit me in any way either or function the way it was advertised to function - at least not for me. Bummer

on 1/9/2018 8:02:00 PM

I bought this product awhile ago and I’ve tried it multiple times. I’m not a huge fan of this primer at all. It flakes easily and makes my makeup go on patchy no matter how i apply it. I didn’t notice any difference in my skin appearance either. I’m really disappointed in it since i did hear good reviews on this.

This primer is ok but not the best. I have oily skin and when I apply this it takes the shine away and my foundation goes on really nicely. However it doesn’t make my foundation last all day, the oils start to seep through and the foundation just slides right off. I don’t think I would buy this again because I’ve tried it on my eyelids for eyeshadow but it does nothing and for me the price is so expensive for a primer!! It may be different on other skin types though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Maybe I got a bad one, but I just could not get this primer to work for me at all. It took a lot of effort to get it to blend out, and then it just ended up feeling really heavy on my skin. I've tried shaking it up prior to using it, but no luck, it just won't blend easily or smoothly for me. I also feel like I have a bad makeup day every time I try to use this. It's just not for me, and I wouldn't recommend it. There are better drugstore primers out there.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just bought this yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out. I got hooked on Hourglass veil mineral primer through a sample from Sephora, but just can't justify buying it, as it's price tag is beyond exorbitant. Maybe during tax return...
Now I've heard the angel veil is a dupe for the Hourglass so I went out and bought it because I've got several events this month that I desire to look flawless at. This product does come out thicker than the hourglass, and slightly chunky. But once mixed between my fingers, it goes on very similarly to the Hourglass. It's velvety and smooth, glides over my skin, and fills my pores beautifully. It doesn't leave me with a white cast as some others have stated, but that could be because I'm very pale. My makeup looked utterly flawless, it lasted an 8 hour day, with no creasing, no oil breakthrough, and no sliding. I'm very impressed!
Do I think it's a dupe for Hourglass? No, but it's quality is about the same. It fills my pores in better than the Hourglass, but the finish is a bit more matte than the Hourglass. I like a dewy finish, but I can solve that with highlighter, and to be honest, I'm less shiny at the end of the day with the angel veil. I like it better in fact. With time, this just may become an HG product for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

A vintage font adds to the goofiness of the packaging, but if you can pass on that aspect, this isn't a bad option for a primer.

I normally use either a moisturizer or the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, which work well, but the latter feels too dry and the former doesn't always seem to keep makeup in place.

Angel Veil helps with me with foundations that are "dry" like Armani Maestro Fusion.
While it isn't a miracle if you have dry skin, it helps and feels more alive than the silicone primer.

I use it in the winter especially.

The price is right and I wear it over a sunblock, too.