NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer

NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer
Enter TitleAngel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer

3.4

***NOTE: product no longer claims to be oil-free. Its old formula and bottle did. Nyx website ingredients may be different than bottle---Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane , Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Nylon-12, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-12, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Tocopherol, Caprylic Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (Cl 77947).

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was really looking forward to trying this for a long time, but my hopes were unfortunately dashed.
Siicone based primers generally work quite well for me, and i did try it under numerous foubdations with a similar result every time: exaggerated pores i never knew i had, crusty looking texture (my skin is very good), clung to any dry skin around my nose, mouth and chin.
A little summary below:

Pros:
- squeeze tube is convenient
- readily available
- ok priced
- smooth silicone texture

Cons:
- clung to any dry skin
- did not mattify
- exaerated pores
- caused blackheads

Such a bummer

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I can thank this primer for showing me exactly where every single even slightly dry spot on my skin is. I was looking for something to smooth out my skin for foundation and this...kinda made things worse. Where my skin is *perfect* (for me, anyway), it did an okay job, but at least I can say that I know where to target for exfoliation and a few inches of moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a "meh" for me. I was so excited, the girl at the store told me she loved this primer, she was blonde and fair skinned.
I arrived home, cleaned my face and starting applying this all over my face, it's really creamy, it left me a real whitish "veil", I felt my skin softer but also dry..ok, no worries, let's see what happens with foundation. Of course, it dries every product you put on top, except if it's a little shimmery like MAC Strobe Cream and even in that case, you can see where the brush stroke started and where it ends because of the matifying finish this primer offers. I didn't wear that make up for too long because I felt my face too heavy but I didn't like the finish it offers, completely matte.

Day 2, I decided to apply this primer only on my oily zones (T zone except the bridge of the nose but including the sides of the nostrils), on my always-oily eyelids and where my dark circles are. GOLD! That's what I've found!!
I just LOVE this product for that purpose! My concealer lasts all day, well, at least 10 hs, and my eyelids really show the eyeshadows I put on, so far, I'm fascinated.
The best part is the teeny tiny tip it has and the little amount of product that comes out, I hate wasting make up!
Overall, I would purchase this again, knowing the treasure it meant for my concealer!

on 6/16/2018 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’m in love with this primer.
I used to use the Dior photo finish but they discontinued it and was searching for a primer that was as good as the dior and finally found it.

I cannot live without this one. My sking is radiant, soft and beautiful. Everyone around me thinks i have a secret behind this glow and this primer is the secret.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just an "ok" primer. I have more oily prone skin and even though it makes my skin soft, my foundation still breaks around my nose mid day. This may be a decent primer for someone with normal skin but I wouldn't recommend it when there are better ones out there. Oh well! :)

on 1/19/2018 11:25:00 AM

It is mattifying and hides the pores a bit but isn't the best out there, it's quite drying and gives some texture to the skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was so excited to find this on sale because I'd heard such good things about it. My skin is extremely reactive to silicones ie. I break out like a mother but this got my attention as a waterbased drugstore primer, no 'cones. Unfortunately though I just couldn't get this to work with me. My foundation always looked flaky, patchy and generally icky when used in conjunction with this junk. It didn't break me out or irritate my crybaby skin. But it didn't really benefit me in any way either or function the way it was advertised to function - at least not for me. Bummer

on 1/9/2018 8:02:00 PM

I bought this product awhile ago and I’ve tried it multiple times. I’m not a huge fan of this primer at all. It flakes easily and makes my makeup go on patchy no matter how i apply it. I didn’t notice any difference in my skin appearance either. I’m really disappointed in it since i did hear good reviews on this.

This primer is ok but not the best. I have oily skin and when I apply this it takes the shine away and my foundation goes on really nicely. However it doesn’t make my foundation last all day, the oils start to seep through and the foundation just slides right off. I don’t think I would buy this again because I’ve tried it on my eyelids for eyeshadow but it does nothing and for me the price is so expensive for a primer!! It may be different on other skin types though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Maybe I got a bad one, but I just could not get this primer to work for me at all. It took a lot of effort to get it to blend out, and then it just ended up feeling really heavy on my skin. I've tried shaking it up prior to using it, but no luck, it just won't blend easily or smoothly for me. I also feel like I have a bad makeup day every time I try to use this. It's just not for me, and I wouldn't recommend it. There are better drugstore primers out there.