3.4

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a month ago

I bought this on a whim because I was eager to try a new primer and I heard good things about Nyx. Boy was I wrong! The application was easy, I'll say that, but it went downhill from there. It didn't stop my foundation from looking cakey after a few hours and despite thoroughly washing it off (two step cleansing ritual) it made me break out on my cheeks across both sides of my face. I have acne prone skin which behaves itself when I use The Body Shop Instablur, so I guess I'll curb my curiosity and stick to what works.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBlack

1.0

a month ago

It accentuates my skin's flakiness and dryness, making the foundation look patchy and dry.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

6 months ago

Still in testing mode, but finally decided to try this, since NYX changed the ingredients and took the palmitic acid out of it. Now the ingredients are noncomedogenic. I applied this on my clean skin and let it set, and noticed the blurring immediately. I have large pores from BP gel. It is white and can leave a cast, but if you are someone with redness and melasma —-which makes my face darker than my neck all the time—- this can work to your advantage. I liked how my fdtn applied, like normal, it looked great. My face appeared bright. This didnt control my oil, so I still was blotting, and it didnt keep my fdtn from transferring when I blotted but it does help keep my skin looking smoother. Will need to test more to see if I have any skin issues from it, but I like it so far. Its not greasy, spreads dry, and doesnt leave you sticky. Little goes a long way.

About reviewer (437 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

7 months ago

I have used this primer a handful of times since getting it in the mail, and I'm pretty sure it breaks me out. I don't know if it's a particular ingredient or simply the fact that my skin doesn't like to have too many products on it at one time (powdering too heavily can cause me to break out as well), but I break out when I use this and my skin calms down when I stop. a shame, i liked how this looked on my skin. and it wasn't cheap for the drugstore either. i would say it was worth the price if it didn't make me all spotty - it was smoothing, to a very slight degree, and i was looking forward to playing with it some more, perhaps using it in lieu of foundation on days when my overall redness was at a minimum, just to fill in my pores. i might still try to do that, maybe using it alone won't be too suffocating for my skin. maybe it'll work well mixed directly into my foundation, to sheer it out a bit and make the formula more smoothing. i will update with any new discoveries as i make them. but for now, i'm unimpressed and disappointed.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

from

9 months ago

Great primer for the price... It's creamy and feels smooth

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

10 months ago

A family member had given this primer to me to us because she did not use it, I used it once and it was horrible. I would not recommend this primer for oily skin types bc this will just slide around. It had casted a white haze under my makeup and made my skin feel disgusting. It did not set into my pores what so ever and did not make my makeup stay AT ALL.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Store this upside down and squish the bottle a few times otherwise you'll get the oil to come out 1st then you'll be left with a thick product tha r 's nearly impossible to squeeze out. I like it better than my Tatch, Elf Putty, Baremineral's Prime Time, Porfessional and Dr. Brandt Pores No More. Leaves my face looking smooth and blurres quite nicely.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

This is a good primer , tho i like the Pore Filler better than this one. Its does apply my makeup really good tho my makeup doesn't last long.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

a year ago

This primer is great! It blurs imperfections and fills in pores and does a wonderful job of helping my makeup apply beautifully and last all day. I've used it under drugstore and high end foundations and I've had great results. Very, very happy with this product and you can't beat the price. Will purchase again!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

I’ve seen this product reviewed here as a primer. I don’t have much to say about its qualities as a primer but omg it’s like an eraser for small wrinkles. I put this around my eyes and I literally see an instant difference. It’s like it’s smoothing out my small wrinkles. Does Not work for deep wrinkles though. But I think this product is simply magical. A little on the expensive side though considering it’s a drug store brand.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair