Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple

3.6

I got this as aa free gift and it is great as lip balm, eyeshadow and blush. 9/10

on 5/2/2018 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find this Chubby Stick just "okay." It's not awful, but not amazing. The pigmentation is good. It's easy to blend. The packaging makes it convenient for travel, too. I was hoping it would have some bit of sheen to it, but it's completely matte. It doesn't stay on through an 8-hour workday like some other cream blushes I've tried. I have a desk job so it's nothing strenuous or extreme. This would be really great for someone who wants a natural look without a glow. Overall, I wouldn't purchase this again and will probably continue to use it on days I don't want to put much effort into makeup.

on 4/1/2018 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff and am already on my second stick. i am a cream blush fanatic, and this is one of my favorite blushes that i have in my arsenal. the glossier cloud paints are my favorite cream blushes, but those take time for me to make seamless, while i can quickly apply the clinique blush stick in a rush and look fresh and awake. they blend into the skin seamlessy and quickly, and have great staying power (although not as long as glossier). the color ampd up apple is the perfect natural blush color that doesn't even look like makeup.

This was my first try with cream blush and I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.
This blush is very easy to apply and blend. It does disappear after a few hours on my oily skin but given the packaging and the easy way of applying the products, I don't mind bringing this around.

It is also the perfect everyday colour. I'd definitely re-purchase this.

on 6/11/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been very pleased with this blush so far. A big shout out to arieeel's method of application below; it really works great along with being unconventional and fun!

The color is a very natural fleshy nude that I've been reaching every time no other seems to fit and lasts most of the day if used in conjunction with foundation and powder.

Also the packaging makes it very easy to toss in the bag or travel with because it's secure and there no brushes required. I'm glad I bought it.

I loved their chubby sticks for lips so i thought I'd love this product. Unfortunately it's a fail.... It's moisturizing and easy enough to blend but the colour just disappears after like an hour!

I'm not sure why this has such good reviews yet I disliked it. The color is really pretty and I immediately was attracted to it. But it disappeared when I put it on and felt sticky on my face.

on 7/14/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a stick blush since that's the easiest to travel with. At first I was iffy about this because I was told by the Clinique girl that it lasts eight hours tops, and I work for 12 hours average in a humid climate, but gave in and got it.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're living in a hot humid climate like me where every girl is desperately trying to get the shine off her face, but if you're in a cooler climate this works wonders to give you a flushed dewy glow. I wore this in Switzerland and Italy, and everyday when I got back and looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised to see rosy glowy skin. (Paired this with a Laneige BB cushion, by the way.)

The method of application varies. Some people like to dab the stick straight onto their cheeks and blend with their fingers, but I think that's kind of time consuming and still risks OD-ing. Instead I use this method I learnt from a makeup artist -- rub the stick onto the fleshy side of your palm just below your thumb as though you're coloring, then gently rub that part of both hands together and press them to your cheekbones, with your palms facing upwards. Press them along the cheekbones until you feel the blush has been evenly distributed. This results in a very natural subtle blush, in less than thirty seconds.

on 2/24/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am picky when it comes to the blush that I use. I have combination skin so I try to use powder based blush however I find that it fades easily. I've tried cream blush that comes in tubes and it also fades on me. I tried Clinique Chubby stick because it looks handy and I don't need a blush to apply. The colour is a good complement on my skin and it's quite buildable which I like. It does not look like you have a lot of blush on and it gives a nice healthy colour to my face. I really like the stick format because I can use one hand to apply when I'm in a cab unlike with powder blush which you have to place on your lap. I would repurchase, just wish that it wasn't that pricey.

When I opened the package the entire color fell out of the crayon making a mess on my vanity. I put it back and tried out the blush. The pros I guess are it's long lasting and very pigmented. The cons, it was difficult to blend and the product fell out. I expected Amp'd Up Apple to be less pink as it appeared more neutral on the package. I was hoping I'd love these. I considered trying another color but there are only three as of this date, and the apple seemed the most neutral and was still extremely bright pink. Not a win for me.