Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple

3.4

on 1/14/2018 11:31:00 PM

This is literally only the 2nd Clinique product I have ever purchased in my entire life.. In about 1997 I bought a powder foundation in the old school green marbled compact, got 5 pimples within 5 days, and never bought another product from them since lol. .. I have purchased 3 or 4 cream blushes the last month from other brands, and really like them, but couldn't find a stick formula in a berry/mauve shade. When I asked the salesgirl at Ulta to assist me, she immediately went to the Clinique counter... I swatched it, and it was exactly what I was looking for, and was under $25. I wish Clinique would overhaul their packaging, it really needs help/updating... But I'm pleased with this purchase, and definitely recommend­čśť

This was my first try with cream blush and I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.
This blush is very easy to apply and blend. It does disappear after a few hours on my oily skin but given the packaging and the easy way of applying the products, I don't mind bringing this around.

It is also the perfect everyday colour. I'd definitely re-purchase this.

on 6/11/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been very pleased with this blush so far. A big shout out to arieeel's method of application below; it really works great along with being unconventional and fun!

The color is a very natural fleshy nude that I've been reaching every time no other seems to fit and lasts most of the day if used in conjunction with foundation and powder.

Also the packaging makes it very easy to toss in the bag or travel with because it's secure and there no brushes required. I'm glad I bought it.

I loved their chubby sticks for lips so i thought I'd love this product. Unfortunately it's a fail.... It's moisturizing and easy enough to blend but the colour just disappears after like an hour!

I'm not sure why this has such good reviews yet I disliked it. The color is really pretty and I immediately was attracted to it. But it disappeared when I put it on and felt sticky on my face.

on 7/14/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a stick blush since that's the easiest to travel with. At first I was iffy about this because I was told by the Clinique girl that it lasts eight hours tops, and I work for 12 hours average in a humid climate, but gave in and got it.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're living in a hot humid climate like me where every girl is desperately trying to get the shine off her face, but if you're in a cooler climate this works wonders to give you a flushed dewy glow. I wore this in Switzerland and Italy, and everyday when I got back and looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised to see rosy glowy skin. (Paired this with a Laneige BB cushion, by the way.)

The method of application varies. Some people like to dab the stick straight onto their cheeks and blend with their fingers, but I think that's kind of time consuming and still risks OD-ing. Instead I use this method I learnt from a makeup artist -- rub the stick onto the fleshy side of your palm just below your thumb as though you're coloring, then gently rub that part of both hands together and press them to your cheekbones, with your palms facing upwards. Press them along the cheekbones until you feel the blush has been evenly distributed. This results in a very natural subtle blush, in less than thirty seconds.

on 2/24/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am picky when it comes to the blush that I use. I have combination skin so I try to use powder based blush however I find that it fades easily. I've tried cream blush that comes in tubes and it also fades on me. I tried Clinique Chubby stick because it looks handy and I don't need a blush to apply. The colour is a good complement on my skin and it's quite buildable which I like. It does not look like you have a lot of blush on and it gives a nice healthy colour to my face. I really like the stick format because I can use one hand to apply when I'm in a cab unlike with powder blush which you have to place on your lap. I would repurchase, just wish that it wasn't that pricey.

When I opened the package the entire color fell out of the crayon making a mess on my vanity. I put it back and tried out the blush. The pros I guess are it's long lasting and very pigmented. The cons, it was difficult to blend and the product fell out. I expected Amp'd Up Apple to be less pink as it appeared more neutral on the package. I was hoping I'd love these. I considered trying another color but there are only three as of this date, and the apple seemed the most neutral and was still extremely bright pink. Not a win for me.

on 8/16/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this blush! When I saw that Clinique had applied the crayon format to blush, I was skeptical. However, this product is and does exactly what it says--"A creamy, mistake-proof cheek color that creates a healthy-looking glow in an instant." I have it in Amp'd Up Apple, which is NOT at all red; it's a neutral-to-very-slightly cool tawny shade (not tan, not pink, not peach) that defies description, but is beautiful. Clinique calls it a gel formula, but I found it creamy, opaque, and quite concentrated. It is also quite moisturizing, so oily skins will not like it. But two swipes on my cheekbones and a quick blend with my fingers gave me a wonderful, natural glow--perfect with red lipstick or just for a casual look. Add the eye and lip crayons, and you've got the tools for a really fast face, no brushes needed. If you have dry(ish) skin, like cream blush, and want to simplify your routine, this is the product for you!

Popular Blush Products