Jordana Hot Raspberry

Jordana Hot Raspberry

4.5

on 3/14/2017 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Hot raspberry is a pigmented blush from the stellar Jordana line of powder blushes. It's a deep fuchsia, it has a bit of red to not make it a barbie, bubblegum pink. It is a matte and would look great on medium to deep skin tones, but a light touch gives a flush to any skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this formula, for starters. This particular shade is a beautiful hot pink in the pan and a healthy dose of pink flush on the cheek. Depending on how fair or deep your skin tone is, you can adjust your application to suit your unique complexion. I would say that this blush can definitely be sheered out as well as layered.

on 9/7/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

my first pink blush. Pink blushes may come across as ashy on darker skin tones however this is not the case. It is more of a medium fuchsia pink with a bluish undertone. I personally prefer neutral blushes so I will not repurchase.

on 8/16/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely blush--the whole Jordana pressed powder blush series is a steal. You can spend much more money on far inferior products. This is a gorgeous hot raspberry pink color. I think it would suit a range of skin tone levels--lighter tones need a very light touch as this is very vivid and pigmented. It is a matte finish, no detectable shimmer, which I prefer. This may not be the silkiest powder blush but for the money it just can't be beat. There is no scent that I can detect, which is another bonus.

I have oily skin and makeup tends to break down and slide off my face in a few hours, particularly in the summer months, unless I use a really durable foundation such as Almay's TLC or EL's Double Wear. With these foundations, the blush lasts pretty much the whole day; I have to blot my t-zone in the afternoon, then dust on more translucent powder. Sometimes there is enough residue of whatever blush I used in the morning on the blush brush's bristles (say that 5 times fast!) to "refresh" the color. Otherwise I'm not really much of a "touch up" person. This blush performs as well or better than other blushes I have. High-end snobbery makes no sense to me when you find little gems like this blush.

Yes the packaging isn't high end, but, um, it's a $2 blush! I kind of like the silver twist off lid, personally. I lurk occasionally at Kmart to see if anything is ever left in the Jordana display that hasn't been opened. Usually most shades of almost all the edited product collection are sold out; the remaining items obviously tested. I am happy that there was one lone Hot Raspberry shade left on the display. I have my hopes up for Pink Beauty, but it may take another year for me to stumble upon it! I just wish it were easier to have access to the full line of Jordana products. Maybe a free-standing store at the Mall of America???? A person can dream...