3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I've repurchased this many a time, and will continue to do so. It's the best primer I've tried for oily skin, and I find myself blotting less when I use this primer, especially in conjunction with the No Sebum Loose Powder. It's great at smoothing out pores and I find it minimises my acne scars and makes them less obvious. I use it even on day when I don't use makeup because it helps so much with oil control. In terms of makeup, it's also great: my foundation goes on smoothly, doesn't bleed into lines or start clumping anywhere on my face. It's slightly heavier on the skin in comparison to other primers I've used, but not enough to bother me at all. It may not be the best primer out there in the world, but for the price and it's oil control ability, it's pretty unbeatable in my book.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

This primer is pretty rubbish. First, a few quick words about my skin. Just finished accutane and now on a 'maintenence dose' (40mg /week) to keep the oiliness away. SO, my skin is 'normal' to slightly dry but, above all else, sensitive. Large pores, some wrinkles, no blemishes. The texture of this primer is thick, silicone-y and opaque. Leave a powdery type finish on my skin. Whilst this does seem like it should be the same, performance-wise, as other 'cone' based primers, it absolutely does not help disguise pores. In fact, it does the opposite. When I put my foundation on, this stuff transforms my foundation into a powdery, separating mess that doesn't spread evenly and settles into every pore and winkle. The result is seemingly massive pores, clogged with foundation, making my cheeks look like an unholy beige orange peel. Not a good look. As for controlling sebum, I noticed no difference. Didn't extend the wear of my foundation, either. I know it's cheap, but it really has no right to exist and be used by anyone. Do yourself a favour and avoid this stuff like the plague- it is vile.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is a good primer. I have oily skin and this smooths my skin and seems to help with oil production too. I have tried it under both Korean and Western foundations/BB creams and works well with both. I don't like silicone primers and this feels like a cross between Porefessional and the Dermalogica primer but half the price and works as well. Took a lippy off for small tube size and it can be a bit difficult to squeeze the product out. Have purchased a back up already.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

Clogged my skin, which is a shame as I use other Innisfree products all the time. It's no mineral at all, though it did give me a nice pearly glow. Didn't last long in a tropical country, but as it broke me out in cysts, I dumped it immediately.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Not totally enamored with this product. It leaves my skin feeling silky and helps the foundation apply a lot more smoothly and flawlessly, but I don't think it does very much for oil control, and its positive effects wear off quickly during the day. However I haven't tried many other primers so I can't recommend another one - however I am interested in trying the ELF Mineral Infused Primer, NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving primer and Rimmel Fix + Rimmel Stay Matte primers. I think this product would work better for someone with normal-combination skin. The only way I've gotten this product to work is by first putting it on, dusting Rimmel's Stay Matte powder thickly over it, THEN applying a light layer of Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation. This combination works extremely well, however the staying powder could be due to the Stay Matte powder rather than the primer itself. I'll have to try this again sometime with a different primer. It does NOT work well if I reverse the steps and apply liquid foundation over it followed by powder. Where I bought this: Testerkorea Price: decently cheap

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

1---it does not control my sebum 2---it clogs my skin and lead to breakouts 3---I do not find my foundation last longer or apply smoother when I use this. Do not recommend for oily skin since it clog your pore in order to 'smooth' your skin and will most likely lead to acne breakouts, do not recommend to dry skin cause it will creak ! It will creak your foundation! It will make your face makeup looks like the creaked ground during a serious drought! NO RECOMMEND AT ALL USELESS YOU ARE AN ALIEN!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

this did not work for me too. used twice and had to trash it. product is cheap but you pay for what you get.

About reviewer (225 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I used sephora's primer before this and it didn't help me at all with my oiliness. After switching to this, however, I saw a difference in oil production. It did not totally get rid of oil from my face because uh I don't think there's actually any product that can do so... right? But it made a noticeable difference and I'm happy with it so I'll definitely buy it again since I didn't get breakouts and it didn't irritate my skin either :) The price is also good.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

The texture of this primer is similar to Benefit's Porefessional and glides on just as smoothly. There isn't much fragrance to it - not that I expect any from a clear primer. :) However, it doesn't appear to control sebum very well as I often start to get sebum production around my nose 3 to 4 hours of leaving the house. Recently, having stopped roaccutane about a month back, I discovered two tiny whiteheads that developed after applying the primer. I'm not sure if this is due to the primer or other things. Will update if I discover it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

6 years ago

My favorite primer for everything. I have oily skin and this DEFINITELY helps a lot, which I didn't really expect. It has that typical silicone-feeling from primers. It boasts having Jeju natural minerals and being a natural product. I only need a little bit and I dab it all across my face and rub it, and pat it on. Works great. I buy it via eBay from Korea, so I only pay $10 for the tube, which I find very cheap. Works great for making my powder foundation last.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium