Ben Nye Fashion Lip Colour Palette

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/14/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Long story short: I love it and I would repurchase it though probably as individual refills.

What it is:
Highly (and I mean it) pigmented creamy on the firmer side lipstick pots that can be taken out and put back at any time. Comes with a brush of decent quality (natural hair as it seems to me).

Also comes of natural shades and bright shades (California one).

Why I like it:
- because it is so pigmented it is easy to controll how much of it you need to create tinted balm/ sheer color/ bold color/ lip stain/ etc. effect. You can endlessly play with it.
- colors are true. There is true red, cold red, plum color, cold pink shade and warm pink shade.
- the are absolutely mixable
- texture is matte and that's easy to alter if required with gloss/balm
- packaging is slim so fits easily into purse if needed
- there's decent amount of product though it's definitely not full size lipstick (and I don't care as there was not one lipstick I used till the bottom so why pay for the full size when I can get variety of colors)
- price is fair. It's adequate for pigmentation and packaging and product amount you get
- packaging is durable. I've been carrying the palette with me for more than a month now and there's not a single crack or chip in it.
- I have fair neutral complexion so colors look good on me.

What I don't like about it:
- this is designed to be pro makeup so it doesn't feel luxurious starting from the packaging ending with smell and taste of the lipstick. I don't mind but some people will.
- Packagin is not too convenient. To get brush out of the palette you need to take at least one pot out. Although pots sit there securely (they click when set in place) it's easy to dip your finger accidentally while manipulating with containers or sometimes even a pot will jump out of your hand, I mean, I think you get you have to be careful while using it.

Tips is using it:
- most of the time I would use it either on top of the balm or Ben Nye gloss (I'll write separate review) for not that bold look
- I mix colors a lot and I like every single result I get
- I noticed that I have to use a little less product than I seem to need. I'll try to explain: it beomes more saturated within minutes so knowing that I stop adding color just before it is enough for me or I may end up having too much of statement on my lips.

I am so glad I decided to try it. This is my go to palette and I use it every day. It's never been easier to create a color you need right now. To me it means lots of combinations and shades in small form-factor product. Recommend to those of you who looks for the same.