Smashbox Always Sharp 3D Liner

Smashbox Always Sharp 3D Liner
Always Sharp 3D LinerSmashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner Violetta

4.1

I really like this eyeliner, I normally only but ds liners, but this i got when ulta was having its half yearly sale and got this for $10. i love that it has a sharpener in the cap so you always have a sharp tip to work with. i have it in the grey, emerald, and sparkly blue shade. (no idea what the actual names of them are) these stay on my eyelids all day, and i have oily eyelids in the summertime i have to prine and powder them before lining, but i dont have to in the winter during the next sale, im gonna buy more colors and stock up on these, but these are the only eyeliners i find worth paying $20 for

on 4/7/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have three of these (Cleopatra, Pacific, Blueprint, Cleopatra and Blueprint were part of a LE set); they're pretty mediocre. The colors are beautiful but they transfer and smudge all over the place. The packaging seems smart but I feel like I'm wasting so much product! I can decide for myself when to sharpen and my eyeliners last much longer when I do. Blueprint and Pacific also like to break on me while I'm using them, and Cleopatra is so sheer I have to go over the same area four or five times to get it to show up. Definitely not on my list to repurchase.

ETA: After about two months of moderate use, two of these have bitten the dust. For the money I can get way more product somewhere else! Definitely not one I'll get again.

My HG for waterline. I love it so much so I just only want to use it for my waterline, not on lids. It's actually work perfectly on the lids too, but I prefer the UDs (I tend to separate products that come to contact any sensitive areas). It stays on the waterline all day long, despite of occasional tears, rubs, at the end of the day, the line is still very good, and surprisingly easy to remove with eye makeup remover. This is the only product that doen't irritte my eyes and truly smudgeproof. The fact that i don't have to sharpen is also a dream. Love it!

this is hands down the only high end eyeliner I will ever spend my money on, I have the blue shade, and in my current Navy blue liner phase, I have tried soo many different ones. this is the only formula that doesn't smudge on my oily eyelids. soo many different ones have promised to be smudge proof and long wearing but they all fail. something about this shade of blue is really attractive to me. it is quite sparkly but I really like that, and I really appreciate the built in sharpener inside the cap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For the longest time I've avoided mechanical eyeliner pencils because they're so hard to sharpen. Half of them don't have the little sharpener thing on the back, and for the ones that do, it becomes gummed up with old eyeliner so quickly that it's useless anyway (and they're very hard to clean).

Enter the Smashbox Always Sharp liners.

No more do I fight with little sharpener things or my pocketknife to try to get my eyeliner to a usable point- Smashbox has blown all the other mechanical eyeliners out of the water. They also stay put all day, but do come off easily with normal eye makeup remover.

on 8/20/2015 11:49:00 PM

I have this in the sparkly blue and green, and I've repurchased the blue one. I love that its sharpener is in the cap, (I don't close it all the way when I haven't dulled it too much) it is soo convenient. I have oily eyelids but this one surprisingly held up, where other "long-wearing" ones have not. I really like to use blue liners lately bc I've realized that it makes my eyes brighter that using black. I haven't tried the green on yet but just bc I like the blue so much I will continue to buy this

on 8/7/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think the cap is a stroke of genius. However, this smudges under my eyes and I found a couple of pencils that don't, so I will probably not buy this again. However, I love the self-sharpening feature so much that I will buy Smashbox Always Sharp lip pencil, which has similar packaging.

PROS:

Fantastic packaging. You swivel the lead up, and then screw the cap on. When you remove the cap, you have a perfect point.

Soft and comfortable to apply.

Several lovely colors. Standard black and brown, but also a deep plummy shade called Violetta, which I purchased, and some brights.

CONS:

Can smudge after a few hours of normal activities.

I don't get smudging from Marc Jacobs gel eye crayon. I wish he had a self-sharpening cap!

I have this in the purple shade, Orchid. I love this eyeliner! It lasts all day and is always nice and sharp, ready for use! It's nice a nice eyeliner. It's creamy, and it applies really evenly and smooth. Love it!

on 2/25/2015 9:48:00 PM

I'm surprised about the negative reviews for these pencils, as I really like them! I bought a kit of multiple colors during the Holiday season at Nordstrom and have been pleasantly surprised. These are easy to use, sharpen themselves so they always have a point and they really last since they are waterproof, they don't smudge too badly under your eye. I love the grey color - it is slightly sparkly and really is a nice alternative to black or brown eyeliner.

on 1/15/2015 4:58:00 PM

I purchased this pencil in Penny Lane with a Planet Beauty Groupon that cost $10 for $20 worth of products. I believe the pencil retails for $20, so half off for me. The color is a pretty coppery brown that shows up a bit lighter than I usually prefer, but that may just be because I'm used to wearing darker browns and not necessarily that the pigmentation is bad. Staying power is good and even stays on for me after a workout. The tip did break on me after about a month, making the product useless due to the sharpening mechanism.That day i was applying a bit more pressure than usual, so it may have been my fault. I reached out to Smashbox's customer service department, and they sent me a free replacement. My replacement has lasted me a couple of months so far with no breakage. For the price, I'm not sure I would repurchase because I have found cheaper alternatives with Milani Liquid Eye and NYX Slide On pencils.