Smashbox Be Legendary long-wearing lip laquer (all colors)

Smashbox Be Legendary long-wearing lip laquer (all colors)
Gigi's Kitchen - Smashbox Lip Lacquer in Keepsake

3.4

on 7/23/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely love this line! They have huge variety of colors and the color payoff is impressive. I don't like bold lips and sometimes even only one layer of this could be overwhelming due to the pigmentation. Those who love bold colors would love these. I always apply only a very thin layer of them and it lasts 4-6 hours if you don't eat anything oily. The shine goes away but the color stays even longer than that. I have dry lips but this did not dry my lips out but instead kept it pumped and looked healthy throughout the day! It is quite heavy but definitely not sticky - i have never came accords anything with the exact same texture before. I think this could be described as a heavier and creamier version of YSL vinyl cream lip stain as this is less spreadable (this is definitely out way before YSL vinyl cream though). There is a noticeable chemical smell upon application but goes away after a minute or two; I initially hated it enough to not use it at all. I own pink social (bright pink with blue undertone) and Caryl (Coral that leans more yellow). I also noticed that there are color changes - Carly turned into pink on my lips after half an hour and pink social would become not as bright as freshly applied, but both looked very natural on my lips as if it's my own lips color. Absolutely love them! I want to buy more but it seemed that they've discountinued!

on 10/1/2016 3:31:00 AM

It is look your lip so cute

These are really pretty, come in fun shades, and feel great on, but they don't last worth a damn.

I love these! I have 4 different colors and each one is amazing! They're not sticky at all, which I love! I find that once you apply it, let it be. Don't lick your lips for a while. It does stay shiny like a gloss. After a while, the gloss wears off and the color stays put. The reason I gave it a 4 is because they are a bit drying if you wear it often. Will definitely purchase more!

on 1/6/2016 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the Bordeaux (dark plum) shade. It appears to be a nice, shiny berry color although it didn't leave much color on my lips and was too shiny for my taste. The product does not seem noticeable on the lips and it never dries. I was very disappointed with the product as a whole.

on 8/22/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually enjoying this liquid lipstick. I have the discontinued color ‘Keepsake’ (pink with lilac undertones); I bought it out of pure curiosity and I am really liking it. The packaging is pretty and you can see the color, something that makes the selection process faster (at least for me). The dofus applicator seemed like I wasn’t going to be able to get a crisp line with it, but I had no problem with it.
When it comes to the product itself, it goes on very creamy, feels super hydrating, at least with the color I have it goes on almost 100% opaque, easy to apply, it doesn’t bleed on me without lip liner. And as the day goes by it stars to dry on, but I felt it in the sense that the product was disappearing from my lips, maybe du to food and drink, but when I got a mirror, I had color, but in more of a stain. I didn’t need to apply more product, but I did and it layered nicely. The only thing was that as a stain the color lost a lot of the lilac undertone to it and it looked pinker. I don’t mind, I like the color just the same, but maybe something like that happens with other colors.

on 12/12/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a small version of this in the color Coral as a 100 pt perk from Sephora. I don't know how much it costs normally or how much product is in the full size.

First thing I noticed was that the color wasn't so much 'coral' as it was a soft, warm red that was much brighter than I was expecting. It's a very youthful color and flattering on my NC25/30 skin, so I have no real complaints.

The doe-foot applicator was easy to use and gave me a clean edge around my lips, which was fantastic. The formula itself was on the thick side and quite opaque, so I didn't need more than 1-2 swipes to get the full color. The finish was very glossy, but not wet-looking. It also stained my lips after a short time, so even when I wipe away the gloss, my lips are stained a bright coral.

I don't find this product drying, but I don't find it hydrating, either. It also tends to emphasize my lip creases when I first apply them, but I think it self-levels a bit and looks better after some time on your lips. I'm iffy on the formula and the rather bright, obvious finish, so I'm not sure if I'll buy a full-size of this or try another color.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Its a very interesting formula. I received a deluxe sample of the shade coral. On my pigmented lips it intially showed up as a pinky coral (leaning more on the coral side) but after about 20 minutes of wear it reverted to a very warm pink. Pretty shade but pink is not the shade I wanted in a lippie called coral. It translates well on my lips and is somewhat opaque. The texture is just fine with no discerning flavor or fragrance. Nor does it feel irritating. I will definitely go full-size with this particular shade but have zero plans on investigating other shades.

on 12/20/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased the Be Legendary lip gloss set of five on sale for $14 normally priced at $28 from Nordstrom. The colors translate pretty well from the tube to my lips and the feel is nice - not watery or sticky. I like all the colors but am a bit iffy on the Pout gloss but that is more to do with how pinks tend to clash with my skin tone and natural lip color. Overall good gloss, I prefer it to MAC glosses which never hold their color on my lips.

on 12/10/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't think of a single product I've liked from Smashbox to be honest.

This lip gloss is no exception. For whatever reasons, I was so excited about this line launching that I put 4 in my cart. Luckily I stopped myself, & just bought one in the shade Rosewater. I only needed to wear it twice to know I'm returning it ASAP. It goes without saying that I will not be repurchasing.

In the tube, Rosewater looks like a light pink. Once applied to lips, it's a medium candy pink. And as the hours go by, it transforms into a hot pink. I am NC10 and naturally avoid bright unnatural colors due to the fact its very easy for me to look like a dragqueen. No thanks.

In addition to the shade being a disappointment, there's a few more flaws for me to whine about. The formula of this gloss is awful. I'm not sure if it's the applicators fault, but this applies really dry, thick, & streaky. To be fair it does have some moisturizing qualities after it settles on your lips. But that pro gets completely canceled out by the fact it settles into every line.

The last con I'll point out about Smashbox Be Legendary long-wearing lip laquer is the price. It was $24 for the tiny lipgloss tube I've ever had. This is literally travel sized. I would NOT mind that it's expensive, if it were halfway decent.