Bath and Body Works Smart Soap - Automatic Hand Soap Dispenser (new 2014)

No Image

3.0

on 10/29/2014 1:40:00 PM

My daughter bought this for my in July and I thought "this is never going to last." I was wrong. I have bought the foam soap in the hand pump and won't buy it any longer because it doesn't last at all around here but the automatic dispenser pumps out just the right amount and makes it last perfectly. I haven't had any problem with the batteries either and we use it multiple, in fact many many multiple times a day. After 3 months of use I have only recently had to change the batteries and made sure I used good ones as a replacement. The soap itself is great and comes at a great price. You can buy 3 at a time at a discount which is always nice. I have used the Fresh Market Apple and loved it. It was fresh and crisp just like all the other apple scents and am now using the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle, a perfect fall scent. (Though my 9 year old daughter says her hands smell like syrup after she washes them. She happens to love this so if you are a syrup lover I guess it's a great thing.) We love it here so much we are getting ready to buy another for the bathroom. It makes it so nice not to have to worry about everyone's germs all over and the mess that gets all over the other pumps or the counter. This really is a mess free option. I had thought by now that they would be offering them in all stores for the Christmas season sales and think they are missing the boat and a lot of sales by not doing so. I'm sure it won't be long before they're everywhere all the time. Can't wait!!!

on 9/28/2014 5:33:00 PM

This would be a really nice idea if it didn't eat batteries. I change these batteries on average once a week. I've tried rechargeable and regular batteries and don't see any difference in longevity. I suppose since it was the first model it has some kinks, but this is a deal breaker. I hope they fix the battery issue.

on 8/11/2014 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I caved and bought the smart soap dispenser and refill for $20. (Regular price for the HUGE dispenser is supposed to be $30 which is cray-cray!) Meanwhile I got kitchen lemon and then I bought 3 additional refils for $18 (regularly $8 each) in White Citrus, Caribbean Escape and Apricot Mango. None of the foaming soaps contain anti-bac anymore (thanks, triclosan scandal!).

The foam is nice and thick and a bit drying but not horrificially so.
The worst part though is that the base of the dispenser is HUGE - way too big for a powder room sink - so I have to keep this in the kicthen now. Oh - and it takes 4 (FOUR!!!) batteries - luckily it comes with some cheapie batteries so I hope they last for a while.

Oh well.

I am sure BBW will re-design and tweak this sysytem many, many times and just when I like it the most, they will change it again.