LUSH D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap

D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap

3.9

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My absolute favorite shaving cream. Lovely whipped texture that smells amazing. It foams up lightly and gives a really close and smooth shave.

I have not had any irritation with this, most shaving products break me out but not this one. I cant live without it and it last a really long time.

on 2/7/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got a sample with a purchase, and used it on my underarms. The scent was nice and not overpowering, kind of like strawberry marshmallows. Feeling the consistency on dry skin I thought it'd be great but on wet skin it just slides around and doesn't stick. Maybe if I used it on dampened skin it'd work but on wet in shower skin it didn't work. Most of it just built up between my fingers but didn't spread along the skin in an even coat. I found I had to use too much to make it worth actually buying the product, and the price was steep for something I had to use so much of.

This is the most fun shaving product! It smells divine like strawberry bubble gum. You wet your area to be shaved (I use it to shave my peach fuzz on my face, it's winter so I haven't tried it on my legs YET oh ew. Irk), it takes all of the drudgery & dread out of shaving my face. Makes it do I dare say "fun," it gives a close comfortable shave & the aroma is TDF yummmm it seems a little girly for a shaving product if ur a dude but hey I'm sure it'd be awesome for a guy. Extra soap not needed if you shave in the shower which I plan to do soon. Will always repurchase!! If you hate shaving give this a try. #winning

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So many of LUSH's products sound good in theory, but are garbage in reality.
I have never experienced razor burn or shaving cuts ever before in my life, and I am 29 years old, so I've made it pretty far to this point. I have shaved my legs completely dry and just wet with no soap before and have never gotten razor burn.
I used D'Fluff once (on half of one leg before I threw in the towel from the pain) and it feels like I scrubbed myself with sandpaper. I am literally bleeding out of my hair follicles.
This clumpy pink goo somehow made my razor slice the living hell out of my skin. And I love the smell of Strawberry Feels massage bar, but this smells like that mixed with medicinal numbing gel from the dentist's office.
The rest of my D'Fluff went straight into the trash, where it hopefully won't hurt anyone ever again. My leg is still burning and bleeding from using this crap.

on 3/1/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shaving soap shares the scent with (or at least has a very similar scent to) the Strawberry feels forever massage bar. It's a scent that I initially loved, but over time got slightly sick of. It's very sweet and not completely natural-smelling. It smells of strawberry candy more than actual strawberry, I think.

This soap, however, gives SUCH a smooth shave! It also moisturizes your skin while you're at it, which means that my legs are the softest they've ever been when I've used this product. It barely lathers though, so in my opinion the word soap might not be the right one. What I do find a bit annoying is that it's hard to spread out evenly over the skin. It has almost like a whipped butter texture (minus the melting part, which would actually make it easier to use) and it's hard to soap up your skin so that it covers everywhere. I end up with chunks of it here and there that are just wasted, in the end. Since it's an already quite pricey product, I'd want a little to go a long way, but I don't think it does. I do loved that it's a cruelty free shaving product, as I've had problem finding replacements for my non CF ones that I've used before.

Overall: I like the product, not so much the price. If you don't have an issue with the price though, definitely give this a try! It's a different and fun product, if nothing else. And you'll be smooth as heck afterwards, too. That part is worth stressing.

on 12/29/2015 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Honestly I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something because my first reaction to the smell of this product was to gag. I absolutely cannot stand it. However I decided to give it a go because of all the internet hype about it, and I loved the results. It did as promised and gave a smooth, cut free shave that was moisturising and soft.

D'Fluff is a shaving soap which comes in a black, screw lid pot from Lush. To use, wet the desired area under the shower, take a scoop of the product out of the pot and rub it into the area. It will foam slightly (nowhere near as much as a conventional shaving cream!) and create a slick, protection around the area. When I use this product, I get a smooth, close shave with no nicks and cuts. It allows you to glide smoothly along bumpy/bony areas too. The texture feels a bit like a mousse, very soft and light. However, the best thing about the product is the smell! It smells very sweet, like strawberries and bubblegum. It is delicious and girly, and the scent stays on the skin afterwards too. This product doubles as a soap so you don't need to follow up with shower gel. This is a really nice product, however it is quite expensive for a shaving cream. It is worth the indulgence though!

Lush D'Fluff strawberry shaving soap-
I love this product! I bought it around 4-5 weeks ago and am highly impressed so far. I paid 9.95 for a 150g pot, and i thing it is defiantly worth it as for my legs I only use a small amount and blend it across my legs and i can say, a little goes a long way!

pros=
- Divine scent!
- Leaves skin feeling super soft, so if amazing for dry/flakey skin.
- I also noticed that my hair grows back a little bit slower and not as spiky, which is a must have for summer!

cons=
- Leaves a weird rubbery feels/substance on your legs which I've noticed a lot of lush products have such as their soaps.
- Packaging is just a pot so is not 100% shower suitable as water goes into the pot!
- On the pricey side BUT is totally worth it!

Overall highly recommend and would 100% re-purchase!

on 7/14/2015 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a creamy, thick, soft, and strawberry-scented shaving "cream". I use quotations because it really isn't anything like what you buy at the drugstore. LUSH refers to this as a shaving "soap" and I think that is very appropriate. This suds up under water, and you could use it over your entire body!
To use, I just scoop some out with my hand and apply liberally to the area (usually my legs) that I am wanting to shave. I then suds it up a little before shaving, and then just shave and rinse as normal. This feels really good on the skin during use, and it leaves the skin pretty soft after shaving. This has been very nice to my sometimes dry skin! I also really enjoy the strawberry scent, which is similar to LUSH's "Strawberry Feels Forever" massage bar.
The cons of this product are that 1) I feel like you have to use quite a bit to get the desired effect, and this causes you to go through this pricey product fairly quickly.
and 2) The tub it comes in can be difficult to operate in the shower, and isn't extremely sanitary.
I will use this product up, and if I have the extra $$$ I would repurchase. In my opinion, this is really just a fun product, and totally not necessary.

So good for sensitive areas!