Maybelline Superstay Gel Nail Color 7 Days - Extreme Blackcurrant 05

Maybelline Superstay Gel Nail Color 7 Days - Extreme Blackcurrant 05

on 10/15/2015 9:09:00 AM

I have about 5 of these and I have to say, these are hands down the BEST nail polishes I have come across. FYI, I always use Orly bonder base coat, and Orly in-a-snap top coat.

PROS:
1. 2 coats and its opaque
2. Shiny gel like finish
3. Dries quickly
4. Very longwearing .. If i dont really do much with my hands they can last up to 5 days without chipping. Even then they stay on and don't peel off.
5. Comes off SUPER easy with nail polish remover.
6. Price - Chemist warehouse usually have 50% off maybelline so i buy them for about $4 each.
7. Fat brush, makes application time quick
8. really nice formula, i find it goes on really easily and not streaky.

Cons:
1. here in Australia we have a really limited collection, about 8 colours

I wish Maybelline would just ditch colour show and reformulate all their polishes with this formula and make lots of colours. This is honestly the best nail polish I have tried and I've tried lots of brands in my time. I change this up with a bit of glitter nail polish too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I'd like to note that this is one of the very few polishes that does dry quickly and doesn't get messed up at night or when I apply the slightest pressure to my nails.
In terms of wearability it's probably as good but I can't tell since I never wear the same polish for more than two days. Sometimes it chips, sometimes it doesn't.
The colour is great in the bottle but it isn't exactly the same on the nails. In one coat it's a bit transparent and streaky while in two coats it's way too dark. I usually apply this on top of a cold red shade, this way it turns out in a nice dark purple, plum-like colour with a hint of burgundy. However, it may seem too bothering to someone. It's fine with me.
Nice bottle, nice brush. All in all, a great product.
P. S. I've bought a mini lacquer from Orly in shade Plum Noir today and that, applied in two coats, looks exactly like one coat of Maybelline's Blackcurrent on top of a red layer. Although, the mini lacquer from Orly (4.5 ml) cost as much as the 10 ml Maybelline one. So it's your choice to either pay way more for a little bit less fuss and way less product or pay less and maybe take more time to get the same result.

Popular Polishes