MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Lingering

MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Lingering

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a product that I am shocked I have not reviewed yet. I think I've gone through three of them and I've been using this for YEARS. This is a great, easy every day eye brow pencil. The color works for many brows colors. I have red hair and it works great for me. It's the right level of pigmentation and softness. I find Anastasia too hard and not pigmented enough and I tried the MAC brow sculpt and also found it hard and not very pigmented. It does not have a spoolie on the end, but I don't really care about that. My only complaint and the reason I knock off a lippie is that its thicker than I'd like. I wish it had a finer tip so I could draw on more hair like lines. And I do go through this relatively quickly. I do like this pencil a lot and every time I use it up I go for a while without repurchasing and eventually repurchase. I am currently using the L'Oreal brow definer in both dark blond and light brunette and liking it a lot so I may go a while without repurchasing this. But this is an old faithful that I know works.

on 1/5/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this because I saw a tutorial from Lisa Eldridge and I love how it made her brows look. My eyebrows are black, but ‘Lingering’ looks most natural on darker hair colors. I read a lot of reviews before ordering and I noticed that a lot of people complained of the pencil breaking. To solve this problem, only twist out the tiniest amount of pencil to fill in the eyebrows. You do not need to completely twist out the pencil to apply the product. I also set my brows with MAC’s Clear Brow Set.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the very best brow product I've tried! It is $16 for a ridic teeny amount of product but it draws on fleek brows like nobodies biz! I got it to use w MAC Fluidline Dirty Blonde to trace an outline but dang if it wasn't so $$$ I'd just skip Fluidline. Fluidline or any brow pomades (eg ABH, MUFE AquaBrow, NYX) always are a better deal for the $ (this frugal gal has a MAC addiction unfortunately!!), than a pencil for evday use unless ur just doing the outline like I am. I don't need to turn the product up much just a couple revolutions & I've got enuff product to outline each brow b4 I have to twist it again. Mine doesn't break off (lucky I guess?) but I never turn it up very much just barely expose the lead. This is an awesome color pretty safe bet universal unless ur albino or purple. This is just a hair (no pun!) darker than Dirty Blonde Fluidline but it is more ashy. Both have amazing staying power here Anastasia thought she brings the best brows but MAC got game!!

on 5/15/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This weekend I treated myself to a MAC makeover and the SA used Eye Brows Crayon in Lingering on me. What a gorgeous color! I have been using Tarte's brow gel, but I like the control this crayon has and the color much better. I'm really happy with the way my brows look, although I'm a little nervous about the crayon breaking off or running out quickly. It seems like that's a huge problem for most MUAers.

I love this eyebrow crayon!!! I've gone through countless of this stuff because it's that good. The color and formula are impeccable. The downside of this crayon is once you twist up you can't twist down and you can't tell how much product you'll left with because there's no way of checking you just have to have backup all the time.

I would buy again but perhaps not in Lingering. I'm very fair colored and I was sold the lingering color. While I like it, I think it's a bit dark for my coloring. Granted I am very fair (light in the lightful C cream which is described as pale ivory). I want my eyebrow color to enhance my natural brow color and bring out my eyebrows a bit, not completely change the color.

For those complaining about how easily this breaks, you only need to twist up about 1/16 of an inch of the product to get it to work. When I purchased this I was warned by the sales person to be very careful about how much product to twist up. You really don't need much. I found the twist pencil a bit difficult at first but after a few days it definitely got easier.

on 7/1/2015 3:06:00 PM

I have Fling, and think it is okay, but it's too light. My favorite pencil so far is Anastasia, but mine got lost in our move (I'm noticing more and more missing stuff each day--the movers failed to secure my dressing table, and some of my stuff fell out). I bought this because the color is darker and the SA at Sephora kept steering me away from repurchasing the Anastasia version (I'm not sure why). The price is better than the Anastasia $16 versus $21) so I figured I owed it to myself to try it. First, as others have pointed out, you don't get much product in the MAC brow pencils. And the tips break easily. Mine is so hard to turn that it seems to be broken. But there are two things that made me decide to return it: 1. the color is too brown. The MAC website describes it as soft taupe brown. In my experience, it's not soft, not really taupe and too reddish brown; and 2. It doesn't look subtle. I suspect it's because the pencil is kind of hard so I'm pressing too hard and using too much, but it comes out very bold. The fact that the color isn't a great match doesn't help either, I suppose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very reddish pencil. I tried to use it the time I was blonde, but I think it would suits better to light colored redhead.
Pros:
- packaging is really nice
Cons:
- too red
- very hard to apply, the lead is way too hard.
- staying powers isn't great. you'll need touch ups during the day

on 5/30/2015 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Finally my HG brow pencil! This has a good color that matches almost skin tones and hair color. I would say it's a safe color if you are not sure about what eye brow color you need. But the best thing about this pencil is its texture. Very creamy and easy to use. I can put with thin or thick strokes however I want on any occassion, and the lasting power is amazing. The result is so natural and effortless. You can't go wrong with this brow pencil, ever if you're not really good at putting makeup on. It also keeps the brow hair in place due the wax texture. However, I kinda expect that this product would have a brush at the end of the tip. It would have been better. But the biggest turn-off of this product is how fast it runs out. Mine was only 2 months! Considering the price, it's too much of a brow product I think.

on 2/27/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

All I can say is wow, I love this product! Was on the hunt for a new brow pencil and came across this. My brows are more of an ashy brown so it's hard to find one that matches, I was using a Lancme pencil but it was way too dark and made my eyebrows look scary! This one is much more natural and extremely easy to use, I was having a hard time getting my brows to look good before but with this it's a piece of cake :) I usually start by doing small strokes under the brow about halfway in to fill in the outer brow and work my way in to fill in the outer edges. Would definitely recommend this product, Mac never disappoints!

Popular Brows Products