Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

4.1

on 7/13/2017 4:54:00 AM

I have the Redemption 2 palette, a mix of matte and frosted shadows in neutral shades. I'm stunned by what you get for the price - very high-quality, long-wearing, versatile colour. It doesn't get wrecked at the first drop of rain (er, hello, Bobbi Brown) or wear off quickly (just about anything else). What's not to like?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm specifically reviewing the matte palette. Colors fade fast, and are difficult to blend. I've had better luck with covergirl and revlon eye shadows.

I do these reviews partly for myself, so I can look back and remember what I liked/disliked. Since so many people have reviewed their palettes highly, by all means give their palettes a shot, you won't be out of a lot of money if you're let down.

EDIT: Upping my rating to a 3, these shadows are workable. I went out and bought the milani eye primer & wet n wild photofinish setting spray. After priming my eyes I spritz my eyeshadow brush with the spray (to use as a foil) and apply the shadows to my lid. This makes the shadows less powdery, less muddy, blends better. For the cost of the eye primer, spray, and palette I could have just bought the urban decay naked basics 2 and be done...so I'm not thrilled but happy I can use the eye primer & spray for other cheap shadows I have

EDIT: Upping to a four, for the Reddemption Palette Iconic Elements. I prefer the shades here, love that there is matte and shimmer. The formula is more workable than the matte palette. I'm happy I've finally found a matte cool toned taupe. The champagne shimmer shade is lovely--no glitter, just shimmer, easy to blend, little fall out.

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 7/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

No way was I convinced the Makeup Revolution palettes would be good.

They were Spectra Fashion to Forester Creations, doing dupes and knockoffs and selling for low prices. No way, it was going to be bad. But I decided to try it.

Omg. OMG, OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

The shades were incredibly pigmented and long lasting. Compared to Urban Decay, the shades lasted a little less longer (we're talking maybe an hour or to less) but the pigments were almost equal in intensity. Some shades fell a little under the belt, but some actually were more pigmented.

The price is fantastic value for money. How many of us dish out $70-$100 for a palette and think nothing of it? *guilty*. And then Makeup Revolution come in and sell palettes for $10 and make you start to question how much the bigger brands are really taking us all for a ride.

The packaging is not so great, and neither is the brush (actually the brush is awful, just turf it). But that's not why I'm buying the product. I'm all for the shades themselves and they do not disappoint.

on 4/16/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've revelled in the pigmented, alchemical delights of many of the top brands since my early teens. And now I discover Makeup Revolution, no misnomer for me.

Pros

I care about how makeup can enhance me, not packaging:
but if you care for such things, the packaging of these palettes is beautiful, weighty, shuts nicely and firmly, looks expensive, feels expensive & luxurious.

The pigmentation:
is very good and far better than Bobbi Brown, whose pigmentation I despair of in eye shadows. And of course Bobbi is far, far more expensive, overcharges I think to an absurd extent for what one gets.

The wear:
For me all day, even under my eyes which can fall out after application, look very messy etc.
These last all day with me and stay nicely in place and don't seem to highlight any incipient lines either.

The colour choice:
Beautiful and extensive.

Price
Dirt cheap, they're almost giving them away, equivalent to a cheap, supermarket box of chocolates and sometimes cheaper than a chocolate bar when on offer, such as a recent offer of a gorgeous palette for £3.

I bought two palettes, the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Flawless Matte £8 and the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Beyond Flawless £8 and so now to last me for years. These have delighted me. They're both gorgeous and I certainly won't need to buy eyeshadow from anyone else, no matter what the gimmick of the high end brands, these feel luxurious, look luxurious - one can spoil oneself - & one's friends, for less than a quarter of other brands.

Edit: To all who wish to get value for money for their beauty pounds, I've noticed that many high end makeup palettes and other beauty products have their almost exact counterpoints made by makeup revolution at less than a quarter of the so called luxury brands. We all know that luxury is a perception rather than a tangible bonus, a perception that costs one 100% mark up at Bond Street retailers & other prestigious locations in London, meaning that one pays merely for the idea of luxury & prestige. Does the idea that you have paid 100% mark up on the true cost of a product make you feel happier or look prettier? My experience is that makeup revolution offers very similar products without this very greedy mark up in price, as do quite a few other manufacturers.

on 4/3/2016 3:03:00 PM

This review is for the new-trals vs neutrals palette. I am in LOVE!!!! I love how it was.. maybe $10, comes with a brush and has a ton of on trend colors. So far I have used the red, copper and pink tones. One time I even had naked 3 out in case I needed to add more color but was so surprised by the shimmery rose color I immediately put away naked 3. Unfortunately Ulta only has a limited selection in store but i'm interested and impressed enough to buy the chocolate palettes online as well as their brand new palette. If you're into neutrals, especially the new trendy ones (rose, copper./orange, red) I definitely suggest you try this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought one of the pallettes at Ulta. Pretty colors and they blend well. $7 can't beat that! I bought the rest of the pallettes online. They're that good.

on 1/23/2016 1:26:00 PM

It have purchase the Iconic 2 pallets and Iconic 3 palletes, which are dupes of Urban Decay 2 and 3. The pigmentation in the pallets are very good, and the colors pretty much a match to the Urban Decay palletes. If you are on a bubget, these are very good pallets. I have enjoyed them and wear them often.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was intensely disappointed by this palette (Iconic 3). I'd heard so many great things about it being a good dupe for Naked 3 and that the shadows were soft and pigmented - unfortunately neither were true for me. Many of the most interesting/pretty shades (the rosy gold shades) were extremely flakey and difficult to work with, creating lots of fall out and hardly any pigmentation. I've tried to use this a couple of different ways, but continue to be disappointed by it no matter what kind of look I create. The price is good but the quality is unfortunate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to own the Naked 3 Palette and can count on one hand the amount of times I used it. I was never impressed with the colours (too pink and purple hued) the fallout (glitter EVERYWHERE) and the quality (either too chalky or too glittery). As a result I sold it and decided to try some of the cheaper eyeshadow palettes on the market, figuring that if I didn't like those at least I wouldn't have spent 30+ on one. And the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 was one of the first I went for...

Yes it's a dupe for the Naked 3, but in my opinion it's far superior. There's barely any fallout, the glitter/shimmer in this is much finer meaning your face doesn't end up looking like you've been mugged by Tinkerbell, and the shades are much more subtle so it doesn't make your eyelids looked bruised or washed out (which I found the Naked 3 had a tendency to do). The other added bonus is this costs 4.00, which is 34.00 cheaper than the Naked 3. And it performs better.

In my opinion it's a no brainer - if you want to try the Urban Decay, Too Faced, Stila etc palettes but can't afford their prices/don't want to pay their prices, try the Makeup Revolution palettes instead. They're cheaper, available in most branches of Superdrug in the UK and they won't break the bank. And you can buy 9 of these for the cost of one Urban Decay palette. 'Nuff said!