Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I own several Makeup Revolution palettes. My order of best (what I use the most) to worst (what I never pick up) of what I own:

1) Salvation Palette "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" ($10.00)
2) Salvation Palette "Girls On Film" ($10.00)
3) Salvation Palette "Dia de Los Muertos" ($10.00)
4) Neutrals vs New-trals ($15.00)
5) Iconic Mattes Redemption palette ($7.00)
6) Chocolate Bar "Chocolate Vice" ($15.00)
7) Salvation Palette "What You Waiting For?" ($10.00)
8) Chocolate Bar "Death by Chocolate" ($15.00)
9) Salvation Palette "Colour Chaos" ($10.00)--untried
10) Chocolate Bar "Peaches and Chocolate" ($15.00)--untried
11) Unicorns Are Real Redemption Palette ($7.00)

Okay, so more than a few. I adore the Salvation palettes; each has six matte and twelve shimmer eyeshadow shades and they are all easy to use and show a good range of color. The matte shades can be powdery but I just knock off the excess before I apply it to my eyelid. I have never had any fallout from the shimmers when I do this, either. Regarding the shimmer eyeshadows: the shimmer is not finely milled. Don't expect Juvia's Place quality here. The effect is what might be called somewhat 'flakey' in a nail polish: I can see varying sizes of reflective shimmer from fine to plainly visible and irregular. If I had any complaint about Makeup Revolution's eyeshadows, this would be it. It's obviously not a big enough issue for me to not purchase more palettes, lol. Salvation palettes also have a large mirror, a space for a brush (they come with a double-tipped sponge applicator), and a sturdy case that closes securely. To my knowledge, the Salvation e/s palettes are not dupes for any other h/e palettes.

The Redemption palettes each have twelve shades; the finish depends on the palette. The Iconic Pro 1, 2, and 3 dupe the UD Naked 1, 2, and 3 palettes. Redemption Smokey dupes UD Naked Smoke (and is slightly more expensive), and the Redemption Essential Mattes dupes Naked Basics 1 and 2. I love the Essential Mattes palette--if I took one neutral palette with me when traveling, this would be it-- but the eyeshadows in the Unicorns Are Real palette are hit or miss for me. I bought the Unicorns palette for the lovely pink and copper shadows and the copper one is great but the pink one needs a lot of building to get decent color. The blue colors are inconsistent. I should have saved my money and purchased the Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette instead of the Unicorns are Real Redemption palette.

The Chocolate Bar palettes are fun and dupe TF Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet, and Sweet Peach palettes. I haven't used them enough to say whether or not I feel like they justify the price but so far their quality has been consistent with that in my Salvation palettes so I'm enjoying them.

The New-trals vs. Neutrals palette is also a good one for traveling. I feel like the top row (new-tral) is warmer while the bottom (neutral) is more taupe-y. I found the matte shades in this palette to be slightly better than those in the Salvation palettes, and the shimmers are of similar quality.

All in all, I enjoy every one of my Makeup Revolution palettes. I think eyeshadows is one of the areas where this brand shines and their palettes are fun and easy to use with a wide selection of colors. Even the worst of the eyeshadow palettes outshines those Maybelline Nudes palettes by a mile--and at a lower price, too.

on 3/25/2017 8:49:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 palette, which is a dupe for the Lorac Pro 1 palette. I bought this last week and LOVE it. I used it several times when my daughter came home with the "real" Lorac palette that she bought at Ulta. So...I tried the Lorac palette and really noticed the similarity with the color and even the texture of the Makeup Revolution palette. So...the next day I did a comparison. On the left eye I used the Lorac palette, and on the right eye I used the Makeup Revolution palette. I even used different brushes on each eye so as not to transfer any product from one eye to the next. They looked identical and both wore beautifully during the day. I did not tell my daughter which eye was which, but she figured it only only because she said the Lorac eye looked a little bit smoother, but not significantly. So, here is may take: If you really really really want the Lorac palette and money is not an object -- get it! If money is tight, or you just love a good bargain, you will be very pleased with the Makeup Revolution palette. The Lorac palette was $42 or $44 at Ulta and the Makeup Revolution palette was $15.99 PLUS you can frequently get $3.50 of of $15 coupons from Ulta if you sign up for their membership program. Some of the Lorac colors are more pigmented than the Makeup Revolution palette, but it was also vice versa for a few shades. I will definetely go back to get more Makeup Revolution palettes! I hope this review helped!

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 1/24/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My drug store just started carrying these. There are so many of them, and no heading yet for this one so I'll put it under Revolution eye shadow palettes. This is the Salvation Palette Professional Eyeshadows, called Run Boy Run.

They have the usual shades, and I do hope to be able to create a bunch of nice looks. So far I haven't.
Anyway, it's just OK. It's a palette like all the others. Nothing special, good enough, not outstanding.

It's $15 in Canada, a lot less than the $55 to $80 for a similar palette at Sephora, and a good variety of shades.

Update next day: unfortunately this shadow caused an eyelid itch so I am giving it the lowest rating. Of course I realize not everybody is sensitive, but it's not even that great of a product. When I tried other shades in the palette I found that it's chalky, does not blend well, and has tons of fallout. Lesson learned, I will go back to my tried and true 2009 Clarins palette and a few others that never broke me out. It's my fault for believing youtube hype instead of believing negative reviews here.

What is the point in saving money on a cheap knockoff if it's made from questionable ingredients??? Beware. I returned it for a refund, explaining that I had a bad reaction to it.

on 9/23/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A LITTLE STORY TIME
time:
Eyeshadows are one of the important things for me and i really maintain good quality eyeshadows. I don't have and have never used high end shadows, but i know what they should be like.
Before i bought my Iconic 3 palette, i read a lot of reviews, here in the MUA and Ulta (most of the reviews in youtube and blogs are sponsored. by the way...)
There is various opinions- some like their iconic range and write that is almost as good as high end ones, others don't. And to not risk and not storage another unuseful makeup item i didn't buy it then. After months i started wondering, again, if i would like the eyshadows. So i ended up buying it.
THE ACTUAL REVIEW:
The colors are beautiful. I love matte shadows and there is 3 in 12- color palette. Others are sparkly/ glittery you know(really can't describe ) The texture is really good. It is quite silky and soft, kind a greasy and that is why these eyeshadows are easy to blend. 3,4 of the colors are a bit chalky, but not much. They are ok.
The pigmentation is bag. I always use a primer(a cheap one- Avon) every time i put eyeshadows on. Normally i softly touch the brush to the shadow. With this 'technique' and MUR's palette my eye makeup ends up looking muddy and the colors doesn't differs from each other. To not look these colors the same on my eyelids i should take a lot more product on the brush or build up the color.
I already said that the colors blends beautifully.
These eye shadows with that Avon's primer last a 5-6 hours on my (very) oily eyelids, after that it doesn't look so good, a bit messy and muddy. That can be fixed using better primer like UD's or applying a translucent powder after eyeshadows.
Bought this for 8,9 dollars. Will continue using it. Especially for the price is awesome. The problems with these eyeshadow can be fixed so if you want something cheap, good and presentable- buy it.
I am not quite sure if i will buy more MUR's eyeshadow palettes...
Will keep you for updates.
Sorry for my English.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

on 1/26/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this palette to use it for practicing on eye makeup and also for starting to use other colors than I usually wear. I regret that I bought this cheap palette instead of a pricier palette with better quality. It isn’t terrible just not the quality I was looking for.

Pros:
The color selection is wonderful
The package is good
Very affordable
The colors are easy to blend
Cons:
The smell of the products are terrible, it smells of chemicals
Some of the colors are not very pigmented this was the biggest disappointment.
Some of the colors are very powdery
The product does not last very long after application.

EDIT: This one goes in the trash! It made my eyes turn red

on 10/14/2015 6:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased the Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in flawless matte and I really like it. Some of the shadows are a bit powdery or chalky but most have nice pigmentation and blend easily. The shadows are quite small but you get a lot of different shades to work with. This is perfect to create a effortless everyday look when you don't wanna do anything fancy but want quickly swipe eyeshadow on. And the palette costs like 8 pounds so good value for the money! I think I could try another one as well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love these eyeshadows! They are soft and pigmented! Well worth £4! Identical to the naked palette!

I brought the iconic 2 palette after hearing it was a dupe for the naked 2 palette, I am pleased to say I am very impressed with it. At £4 you can't really complain, the colours look near enough identical, the packaging is good and the pigmentation on the colours are great!! Would definitely recommend anyone to get this as you would be saving a lot of money if you were considering the naked 2 palette or even if you just want to add to your makeup collection this is great. I will probably be buying the other 2 very soon!!