Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.4

on 7/13/2017 4:54:00 AM

I have the Redemption 2 palette, a mix of matte and frosted shadows in neutral shades. I'm stunned by what you get for the price - very high-quality, long-wearing, versatile colour. It doesn't get wrecked at the first drop of rain (er, hello, Bobbi Brown) or wear off quickly (just about anything else). What's not to like?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Mermaids Forever palette and yes it was the packaging that made me buy it and the fact that it said mermaid on it. I contains 32 shades, a mixture of mostly shimmers and some mattes.

The mattes are absolutely terrible with zero pigmentation like don't bother. The shimmer shades are mostly not bad, the blues, greens and browns being the best. the most disappointing moment of this palette was swatching this deeper cranberry shade along the bottoms row and it literally has NO pigment at all, like instant hardpan. I've dug at that colour but none comes off at all. The texture is similar to shadows from Sleek cosmetics where they're more shine than pigment but less pigmented and very prone to hardpan. Really disappointing especially after all the hype around this company. Might use some of the shimmer shades on the lid for going out but I'm hesitant to try out any other palettes from them.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm specifically reviewing the matte palette. Colors fade fast, and are difficult to blend. I've had better luck with covergirl and revlon eye shadows.

I do these reviews partly for myself, so I can look back and remember what I liked/disliked. Since so many people have reviewed their palettes highly, by all means give their palettes a shot, you won't be out of a lot of money if you're let down.

EDIT: Upping my rating to a 3, these shadows are workable. I went out and bought the milani eye primer & wet n wild photofinish setting spray. After priming my eyes I spritz my eyeshadow brush with the spray (to use as a foil) and apply the shadows to my lid. This makes the shadows less powdery, less muddy, blends better. For the cost of the eye primer, spray, and palette I could have just bought the urban decay naked basics 2 and be done...so I'm not thrilled but happy I can use the eye primer & spray for other cheap shadows I have

EDIT: Upping to a four, for the Reddemption Palette Iconic Elements. I prefer the shades here, love that there is matte and shimmer. The formula is more workable than the matte palette. I'm happy I've finally found a matte cool toned taupe. The champagne shimmer shade is lovely--no glitter, just shimmer, easy to blend, little fall out.

on 3/30/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is my first eyeshadow palette so my review may not be useful in terms of its quality as being a dupe of Urban Decays. I own iconic 3 palettes which I've used for the past 6 months without a problem. There is fallout but minimal, just under the eye, that you may need fixing during the day but it is not horrible enough that gives you panda eyes and the glitters are quite fine so it doesn't show up everywhere even when it falls out. The color range is awesome, universal shades that isn't exclusively warm but can be more neutral depends on your choice of color. I use my own Bobbi brown eyeshadow brush to apply this it's very easy to blend. Very good palette for beginners!

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 9/23/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A LITTLE STORY TIME
time:
Eyeshadows are one of the important things for me and i really maintain good quality eyeshadows. I don't have and have never used high end shadows, but i know what they should be like.
Before i bought my Iconic 3 palette, i read a lot of reviews, here in the MUA and Ulta (most of the reviews in youtube and blogs are sponsored. by the way...)
There is various opinions- some like their iconic range and write that is almost as good as high end ones, others don't. And to not risk and not storage another unuseful makeup item i didn't buy it then. After months i started wondering, again, if i would like the eyshadows. So i ended up buying it.
THE ACTUAL REVIEW:
The colors are beautiful. I love matte shadows and there is 3 in 12- color palette. Others are sparkly/ glittery you know(really can't describe ) The texture is really good. It is quite silky and soft, kind a greasy and that is why these eyeshadows are easy to blend. 3,4 of the colors are a bit chalky, but not much. They are ok.
The pigmentation is bag. I always use a primer(a cheap one- Avon) every time i put eyeshadows on. Normally i softly touch the brush to the shadow. With this 'technique' and MUR's palette my eye makeup ends up looking muddy and the colors doesn't differs from each other. To not look these colors the same on my eyelids i should take a lot more product on the brush or build up the color.
I already said that the colors blends beautifully.
These eye shadows with that Avon's primer last a 5-6 hours on my (very) oily eyelids, after that it doesn't look so good, a bit messy and muddy. That can be fixed using better primer like UD's or applying a translucent powder after eyeshadows.
Bought this for 8,9 dollars. Will continue using it. Especially for the price is awesome. The problems with these eyeshadow can be fixed so if you want something cheap, good and presentable- buy it.
I am not quite sure if i will buy more MUR's eyeshadow palettes...
Will keep you for updates.
Sorry for my English.

on 8/25/2016 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This eyeshadow is well pigmented and gorgeous. At £4, I was expecting a cheap quality product, but that is not the case! The colours are good, and now I turn to makeup revolution for eyeshadow!

on 7/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

No way was I convinced the Makeup Revolution palettes would be good.

They were Spectra Fashion to Forester Creations, doing dupes and knockoffs and selling for low prices. No way, it was going to be bad. But I decided to try it.

Omg. OMG, OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

The shades were incredibly pigmented and long lasting. Compared to Urban Decay, the shades lasted a little less longer (we're talking maybe an hour or to less) but the pigments were almost equal in intensity. Some shades fell a little under the belt, but some actually were more pigmented.

The price is fantastic value for money. How many of us dish out $70-$100 for a palette and think nothing of it? *guilty*. And then Makeup Revolution come in and sell palettes for $10 and make you start to question how much the bigger brands are really taking us all for a ride.

The packaging is not so great, and neither is the brush (actually the brush is awful, just turf it). But that's not why I'm buying the product. I'm all for the shades themselves and they do not disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.