Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Maybe you got a dud,I have that pallette and I am tan,and it showed up really nicely on my lids,I love makeup revolution products I find their dupes some even better than the big brands.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This review is for the New-trals vs Neutrals it is my first eyeshadow palette from MakeUpRevolution. So very pretty colors, smooth buttery eyeshadow I never use primer and still looks nice after 8 hours of wear. I have sensitive and dry eyelids and this is also nice for us older ladies. Price is also affordable and quality is good, nice brush and good mirror.

on 7/26/2016 6:41:00 AM

This is my second experience with a Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette and this time it's the "FAST LOVE" palette. It comes in a very simple, yet elegant case with 10 matte and 22 shimmery shadows.

The shadows did not seem very pigmented and the matte ones didn't show on the eyelids at all. I had to use quite a large portion for my eyeshadow to look visible. I believe they will show better on the eyelids with a bit of concealer/ primers but I would highly recommend the other Makeup Revolution palettes over this any time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is for MakeUp Revolution Ultra Eyeshadow: Flawless Palette:
Holy jeez do I love this palette. As someone who doesn't really "do" eyeshadow, I wanted to pick up a big palette that had a nice balance of matte and shinier shades, which were neutral/natural with the occasional pop of colour. I knew very little about what exactly I needed in terms of quality, but I did know that I didn't want to fully commit to something expensive when I don't really "do" eyeshadow, so I popped into my local Superdrug and had a browse.
Immediately, MakeUp Revolution caught my eye purely due to the sheer choice of pallets available. There are soon many to choose from, from big to little, colourful and bright to sultry and smokey.
I picked up the Flawless palette upon recommendation by a girl who was shopping next to me. She and I had a good chat about the choices and she said this was very nicely pigmented, and was great for nudes, so I picked it up. Let's review:

1. Packaging: The actual container is really sturdy and the big mirror is really great. However, I am not a big fan of the insert that sits over the shadows, displaying the names of the colours, especially because it is the only part of the packaging that shows the names. Even if they were named on the back of the box, or palette itself, it would be fine, but alas, they are not.
2. Pigmentation: Most of the colours are really well pigmented, especially some of the darker shades. The neutral browns are lovely, and the highlight colour is nice too, some are a little more sparse, but not by much and nothing a bit extra product can't fix.
3. Durability: I used my basic face primer on my lid over my foundation, and these shadows stay on all day! (I didn't see the point on spending extra cash on primer for my eyes when it does basically the same thing as regular primer. I highly recommend doing this.)
4. Blending: These blend beautifully, the shades all work amazingly together and blend out really nicely. They are so soft, they swatch beautifully, and don't go blotchy or feel scratchy.

Overall, this is a great palette for anyone wanting to start off with shadow, as well as anyone who wants a bit of an everything palette to use on a daily basis. It's the kind of palette you can do anything with, including contour and highlight. It's an essential piece for anyone really, it has everything you could ever need, and at a great quality for £8.