Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice high-quality make up palette. I got the black/dark neutrals called ‘Smokey’. The colors are so versatile I can make a different eye look every day. I do use an eyeshadow primer, but the few times that I didn’t, the eyeshadow stayed on very nicely throughout the day. The shadows came enclosed with a very nice dual end eyeshadow brush, it had a puffy end and a flat end. And for seven dollars I’m more than impressed with these eye shadows and I intend to try more pallets from this line.

I reacently bought this pallet to try out as it was raved a dupe of Naked pallet, I love the color tone rosy nude easy for everyday make up, combination of some matte and shimmering shadow that you just need a pallet to do make up, the color is pigmented easy to blend and long wear even though my lid is oilly it stayed put, not forget to mention you get a lot of product in the pallet, the packaging is abit cheapy but acceptable for price tag, I dont mind the package than quality of product itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Mermaids Forever palette and yes it was the packaging that made me buy it and the fact that it said mermaid on it. I contains 32 shades, a mixture of mostly shimmers and some mattes.

The mattes are absolutely terrible with zero pigmentation like don't bother. The shimmer shades are mostly not bad, the blues, greens and browns being the best. the most disappointing moment of this palette was swatching this deeper cranberry shade along the bottoms row and it literally has NO pigment at all, like instant hardpan. I've dug at that colour but none comes off at all. The texture is similar to shadows from Sleek cosmetics where they're more shine than pigment but less pigmented and very prone to hardpan. Really disappointing especially after all the hype around this company. Might use some of the shimmer shades on the lid for going out but I'm hesitant to try out any other palettes from them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I own several Makeup Revolution palettes. My order of best (what I use the most) to worst (what I never pick up) of what I own:

1) Salvation Palette "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" ($10.00)
2) Salvation Palette "Girls On Film" ($10.00)
3) Salvation Palette "Dia de Los Muertos" ($10.00)
4) Neutrals vs New-trals ($15.00)
5) Iconic Mattes Redemption palette ($7.00)
6) Chocolate Bar "Chocolate Vice" ($15.00)
7) Salvation Palette "What You Waiting For?" ($10.00)
8) Chocolate Bar "Death by Chocolate" ($15.00)
9) Salvation Palette "Colour Chaos" ($10.00)--untried
10) Chocolate Bar "Peaches and Chocolate" ($15.00)--untried
11) Unicorns Are Real Redemption Palette ($7.00)

Okay, so more than a few. I adore the Salvation palettes; each has six matte and twelve shimmer eyeshadow shades and they are all easy to use and show a good range of color. The matte shades can be powdery but I just knock off the excess before I apply it to my eyelid. I have never had any fallout from the shimmers when I do this, either. Regarding the shimmer eyeshadows: the shimmer is not finely milled. Don't expect Juvia's Place quality here. The effect is what might be called somewhat 'flakey' in a nail polish: I can see varying sizes of reflective shimmer from fine to plainly visible and irregular. If I had any complaint about Makeup Revolution's eyeshadows, this would be it. It's obviously not a big enough issue for me to not purchase more palettes, lol. Salvation palettes also have a large mirror, a space for a brush (they come with a double-tipped sponge applicator), and a sturdy case that closes securely. To my knowledge, the Salvation e/s palettes are not dupes for any other h/e palettes.

The Redemption palettes each have twelve shades; the finish depends on the palette. The Iconic Pro 1, 2, and 3 dupe the UD Naked 1, 2, and 3 palettes. Redemption Smokey dupes UD Naked Smoke (and is slightly more expensive), and the Redemption Essential Mattes dupes Naked Basics 1 and 2. I love the Essential Mattes palette--if I took one neutral palette with me when traveling, this would be it-- but the eyeshadows in the Unicorns Are Real palette are hit or miss for me. I bought the Unicorns palette for the lovely pink and copper shadows and the copper one is great but the pink one needs a lot of building to get decent color. The blue colors are inconsistent. I should have saved my money and purchased the Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette instead of the Unicorns are Real Redemption palette.

The Chocolate Bar palettes are fun and dupe TF Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet, and Sweet Peach palettes. I haven't used them enough to say whether or not I feel like they justify the price but so far their quality has been consistent with that in my Salvation palettes so I'm enjoying them.

The New-trals vs. Neutrals palette is also a good one for traveling. I feel like the top row (new-tral) is warmer while the bottom (neutral) is more taupe-y. I found the matte shades in this palette to be slightly better than those in the Salvation palettes, and the shimmers are of similar quality.

All in all, I enjoy every one of my Makeup Revolution palettes. I think eyeshadows is one of the areas where this brand shines and their palettes are fun and easy to use with a wide selection of colors. Even the worst of the eyeshadow palettes outshines those Maybelline Nudes palettes by a mile--and at a lower price, too.

on 12/7/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an inexpensive dupe for the Too Faced sweet peach palette and found swatches of the new-trals vs neutrals set on a blog as a good alternative. I just really wanted some pretty peach shadows and musings of a muse said that the two peaches in the TF palette were really lousy anyway, go figure. I was able to get the new-trals set for 12.50 on eBay and the price is a steal!! Even the brush included is pretty decent and I really like the fluffy end for the crease. The colors are pigmented and last all day with wet n wild eye primer. The color on the far bottom right is very similar to Urban Decay Blackheart ( the dark color in naked 3) which is one of my favorites. I believe there are other naked3 dupes on the bottom row also such as a lovely rose gold. I love this palette and can not recommend it enough! So high quality for dirt cheap and who doesn't want that?

Review for normal eyelids: Well this palette is super inexpensive! At ultra it's around seven bucks I believe? Anyway the color payoff is good but you must prime you're lids if not the eyeshadow will literally go everywhere and not look as right. I bought this palette around 7 months ago and I never reached for it again just because of how messy and chalky it is. But if I didn't have my Lorac pro palette I may use this..? But totally great if you're trying to dupe the NAKED palette! Colors are amazing but you must go light handed.

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 4/3/2016 3:03:00 PM

This review is for the new-trals vs neutrals palette. I am in LOVE!!!! I love how it was.. maybe $10, comes with a brush and has a ton of on trend colors. So far I have used the red, copper and pink tones. One time I even had naked 3 out in case I needed to add more color but was so surprised by the shimmery rose color I immediately put away naked 3. Unfortunately Ulta only has a limited selection in store but i'm interested and impressed enough to buy the chocolate palettes online as well as their brand new palette. If you're into neutrals, especially the new trendy ones (rose, copper./orange, red) I definitely suggest you try this!

RUN BOY RUN PALETTE

I tend to prefer my mid-end eyeshadow palettes over drugstore ones, but today I decided to reach for this one for a lid color. I tried to contour my outer V with the darkest shade in my Lorac Unzipped palette, but the color was so sheer and powdery I gave up and went with the dark brown shade in this palette. I couldn't believe how pigmented it is! The shimmery shadows almost have a gel-like texture that makes them stick to the lid so much better than other formulas I've tried, and the mattes are subtle but perfect as transition shades. I'm very happy with the look I came up with, and I didn't need to use any other palette.

Don't underestimate this brand because it's drugstore, everything I own from them works terrifically, save for a dud here and there. This palette is amazing, I recommend it to all neutral lovers.

on 1/23/2016 1:26:00 PM

It have purchase the Iconic 2 pallets and Iconic 3 palletes, which are dupes of Urban Decay 2 and 3. The pigmentation in the pallets are very good, and the colors pretty much a match to the Urban Decay palletes. If you are on a bubget, these are very good pallets. I have enjoyed them and wear them often.