Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.0

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought the Salted Caramel (dupe for Too Faced Semi Sweet). I previously only used MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadow so I may be spoiled, but I was disappointed with this. I read MANY MANY reviews on this product online but maybe I should have taken them with a grain of salt because a lot of bloggers get sent the items. This palette was touted as being exactly the same as high end products. It's too good to be true in my opinion. I also bought the Pink Fizz chocolate palette as a gift for my makeup loving friend just so the $16 CAD shipping cost could be justified. The palette smells nice like a toffee or cookie kind of smell. I was actually satisfied with the mattes in the palette.

My complaint is about all of the shimmers surprisingly, like another reviewer said, the best way to describe them is "slimy." They are hard to pick up with a brush. (My brushes are all clean and high quality so it's not the brush) If you touch your finger or too dense of a brush to them they get all hard and filmy, but shiny, and little pieces (not powderyness, but chunks) break off. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Because of the texture the pigmentation is really bad. I was so fed up with these shimmer shades that I ended up removing them, and I have done this before with other eyeshadows I was not satisfied with in palettes. The entire powder usually breaks down and turns into a loose powder. With these shadows, they just all came out in one piece because the texture was so non-finely milled and slimy. They also haven't seem to mastered the technique of putting one color of shimmer in the eyeshadow, either gold/purple/silver or whatever matches with the product. The shimmer was multicolor. I find that a lot of drugstore eyeshadows seem to be this way, the shimmer never color coordinates. If you think of good eyeshadow: finely milled, soft, pigmented, this was basically the opposite for me.

I don't regret this purchase too much because I got to get a gift for my friend which she said she liked, but I would never buy from Makeup Revolution again. Yeah, they're praised for being cheap, but for me, this palette was $16 CAD and the shipping was another $16 CAD. Together they add up to $32 which honestly I can buy some good mid-range makeup at Sephora with that kind of money. I learned my lesson about not buying things I can't try or return, and you really get what you pay for. I was hoping this would replace my Naked1 of 6 years that I finished (I like to keep one neutral palette around as my only eyeshadow) but it was a huge fail. I recently got the Too Faced Natural eye palette, got rid of the eyeshadows (Kept the case for a mirror) and am never looking back.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was intensely disappointed by this palette (Iconic 3). I'd heard so many great things about it being a good dupe for Naked 3 and that the shadows were soft and pigmented - unfortunately neither were true for me. Many of the most interesting/pretty shades (the rosy gold shades) were extremely flakey and difficult to work with, creating lots of fall out and hardly any pigmentation. I've tried to use this a couple of different ways, but continue to be disappointed by it no matter what kind of look I create. The price is good but the quality is unfortunate.

on 8/11/2014 5:22:00 PM

I have several MUR palettes including eye and blush. They do amazing UD dupes and all are extremely pigmented and blend beautifully. I am a Chanel, Nars and Laura Mercier nutt and didn't think any drugstore brand could rival any of my fave products....I was wrong!!!!!!! Their lipsticks are moisturising don't bleed and are true to shade. Blushers and highlighters deliver just as higher end brands, they blend brilliantly and the colour payoff is excellent. This brand is amazing and produce products to rival and exceed those sold by established high end brands. Prices start from £1 so try you have nothing to loose and I doubt you'll be disappointed!!!!