Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

on 3/30/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is my first eyeshadow palette so my review may not be useful in terms of its quality as being a dupe of Urban Decays. I own iconic 3 palettes which I've used for the past 6 months without a problem. There is fallout but minimal, just under the eye, that you may need fixing during the day but it is not horrible enough that gives you panda eyes and the glitters are quite fine so it doesn't show up everywhere even when it falls out. The color range is awesome, universal shades that isn't exclusively warm but can be more neutral depends on your choice of color. I use my own Bobbi brown eyeshadow brush to apply this it's very easy to blend. Very good palette for beginners!

on 3/25/2017 8:49:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 palette, which is a dupe for the Lorac Pro 1 palette. I bought this last week and LOVE it. I used it several times when my daughter came home with the "real" Lorac palette that she bought at Ulta. So...I tried the Lorac palette and really noticed the similarity with the color and even the texture of the Makeup Revolution palette. So...the next day I did a comparison. On the left eye I used the Lorac palette, and on the right eye I used the Makeup Revolution palette. I even used different brushes on each eye so as not to transfer any product from one eye to the next. They looked identical and both wore beautifully during the day. I did not tell my daughter which eye was which, but she figured it only only because she said the Lorac eye looked a little bit smoother, but not significantly. So, here is may take: If you really really really want the Lorac palette and money is not an object -- get it! If money is tight, or you just love a good bargain, you will be very pleased with the Makeup Revolution palette. The Lorac palette was $42 or $44 at Ulta and the Makeup Revolution palette was $15.99 PLUS you can frequently get $3.50 of of $15 coupons from Ulta if you sign up for their membership program. Some of the Lorac colors are more pigmented than the Makeup Revolution palette, but it was also vice versa for a few shades. I will definetely go back to get more Makeup Revolution palettes! I hope this review helped!

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 2/1/2017 2:54:00 PM

they are very pigmented and buttery its true but ingredients are not good. They are really glittery and glitters are falling into your cheekbones. They are good for the price but dont expect highend quality.

on 1/24/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My drug store just started carrying these. There are so many of them, and no heading yet for this one so I'll put it under Revolution eye shadow palettes. This is the Salvation Palette Professional Eyeshadows, called Run Boy Run.

They have the usual shades, and I do hope to be able to create a bunch of nice looks. So far I haven't.
Anyway, it's just OK. It's a palette like all the others. Nothing special, good enough, not outstanding.

It's $15 in Canada, a lot less than the $55 to $80 for a similar palette at Sephora, and a good variety of shades.

Update next day: unfortunately this shadow caused an eyelid itch so I am giving it the lowest rating. Of course I realize not everybody is sensitive, but it's not even that great of a product. When I tried other shades in the palette I found that it's chalky, does not blend well, and has tons of fallout. Lesson learned, I will go back to my tried and true 2009 Clarins palette and a few others that never broke me out. It's my fault for believing youtube hype instead of believing negative reviews here.

What is the point in saving money on a cheap knockoff if it's made from questionable ingredients??? Beware. I returned it for a refund, explaining that I had a bad reaction to it.

on 12/7/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an inexpensive dupe for the Too Faced sweet peach palette and found swatches of the new-trals vs neutrals set on a blog as a good alternative. I just really wanted some pretty peach shadows and musings of a muse said that the two peaches in the TF palette were really lousy anyway, go figure. I was able to get the new-trals set for 12.50 on eBay and the price is a steal!! Even the brush included is pretty decent and I really like the fluffy end for the crease. The colors are pigmented and last all day with wet n wild eye primer. The color on the far bottom right is very similar to Urban Decay Blackheart ( the dark color in naked 3) which is one of my favorites. I believe there are other naked3 dupes on the bottom row also such as a lovely rose gold. I love this palette and can not recommend it enough! So high quality for dirt cheap and who doesn't want that?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.

on 3/9/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I own this palette in several versions and i love them. My favorite is the Iconic 3, its a very close dupe for Naked 3 by Urban Decay and the shades are gorgeous. They blend like a dream and can be build up. My biggest con is the lack of warm toned brown mattes. It seems like all of the browns are cool which is annoying, but i still love these palettes. The shadows last all day. I typically wear it to work and I get so many compliments when I do

I posted a full review on my blog:

on 7/7/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have gotten 3 palettes from Makeup Revolution so far - Iconic Pro 1 & 2 (dupes for the Lorac Pro palettes) and the I Heart Chocoale (dupe for Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette).
I wanted all three of the original palettes. That would have cost me $133. The three palettes from Makeup Revolution cost me $34.26 plus shipping. All three for less than the cost of one palette.
These are all beautiful. Buttery, creamy, pigmented, blend beautifully, last all day. I can't rave enough about how great the quality of these are. I know I'm not missing out at all by buying these dupes. I would absolutely recommend these to anyone looking to save some money, or just looking for some beautiful shadows in general.
I ordered from their website - paying international shipping to the United States was a little pricey but completely worth it. Now they have a small selection available at Ulta, at least online - I don't know if these are in store as well. Hopefully they will expand their collection and be more easily available in the states. However, shipping from their website was quick and the products came wrapped well and protected.
Highly highly recommend. I adore this company!!