Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

on 4/8/2018 10:08:00 AM

Colors have nice pigment. The fallout is minimal. The price point makes it easier for me to buy other palettes.

on 2/17/2018 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this eyeshadow palette caused me a severe eye allergy, I was in the middle of a concert and I had to run to the toilettes to take off my eye make up, suffered all night. Next morning eyes were red and swollen. Never buying this brand again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the Mermaids Forever palette and yes it was the packaging that made me buy it and the fact that it said mermaid on it. I contains 32 shades, a mixture of mostly shimmers and some mattes.

The mattes are absolutely terrible with zero pigmentation like don't bother. The shimmer shades are mostly not bad, the blues, greens and browns being the best. the most disappointing moment of this palette was swatching this deeper cranberry shade along the bottoms row and it literally has NO pigment at all, like instant hardpan. I've dug at that colour but none comes off at all. The texture is similar to shadows from Sleek cosmetics where they're more shine than pigment but less pigmented and very prone to hardpan. Really disappointing especially after all the hype around this company. Might use some of the shimmer shades on the lid for going out but I'm hesitant to try out any other palettes from them.

on 3/30/2017 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is my first eyeshadow palette so my review may not be useful in terms of its quality as being a dupe of Urban Decays. I own iconic 3 palettes which I've used for the past 6 months without a problem. There is fallout but minimal, just under the eye, that you may need fixing during the day but it is not horrible enough that gives you panda eyes and the glitters are quite fine so it doesn't show up everywhere even when it falls out. The color range is awesome, universal shades that isn't exclusively warm but can be more neutral depends on your choice of color. I use my own Bobbi brown eyeshadow brush to apply this it's very easy to blend. Very good palette for beginners!

on 3/25/2017 8:49:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 palette, which is a dupe for the Lorac Pro 1 palette. I bought this last week and LOVE it. I used it several times when my daughter came home with the "real" Lorac palette that she bought at Ulta. So...I tried the Lorac palette and really noticed the similarity with the color and even the texture of the Makeup Revolution palette. So...the next day I did a comparison. On the left eye I used the Lorac palette, and on the right eye I used the Makeup Revolution palette. I even used different brushes on each eye so as not to transfer any product from one eye to the next. They looked identical and both wore beautifully during the day. I did not tell my daughter which eye was which, but she figured it only only because she said the Lorac eye looked a little bit smoother, but not significantly. So, here is may take: If you really really really want the Lorac palette and money is not an object -- get it! If money is tight, or you just love a good bargain, you will be very pleased with the Makeup Revolution palette. The Lorac palette was $42 or $44 at Ulta and the Makeup Revolution palette was $15.99 PLUS you can frequently get $3.50 of of $15 coupons from Ulta if you sign up for their membership program. Some of the Lorac colors are more pigmented than the Makeup Revolution palette, but it was also vice versa for a few shades. I will definetely go back to get more Makeup Revolution palettes! I hope this review helped!

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 2/1/2017 2:54:00 PM

they are very pigmented and buttery its true but ingredients are not good. They are really glittery and glitters are falling into your cheekbones. They are good for the price but dont expect highend quality.

on 12/7/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an inexpensive dupe for the Too Faced sweet peach palette and found swatches of the new-trals vs neutrals set on a blog as a good alternative. I just really wanted some pretty peach shadows and musings of a muse said that the two peaches in the TF palette were really lousy anyway, go figure. I was able to get the new-trals set for 12.50 on eBay and the price is a steal!! Even the brush included is pretty decent and I really like the fluffy end for the crease. The colors are pigmented and last all day with wet n wild eye primer. The color on the far bottom right is very similar to Urban Decay Blackheart ( the dark color in naked 3) which is one of my favorites. I believe there are other naked3 dupes on the bottom row also such as a lovely rose gold. I love this palette and can not recommend it enough! So high quality for dirt cheap and who doesn't want that?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.