Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

3.0

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 4/16/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've revelled in the pigmented, alchemical delights of many of the top brands since my early teens. And now I discover Makeup Revolution, no misnomer for me.

Pros

I care about how makeup can enhance me, not packaging:
but if you care for such things, the packaging of these palettes is beautiful, weighty, shuts nicely and firmly, looks expensive, feels expensive & luxurious.

The pigmentation:
is very good and far better than Bobbi Brown, whose pigmentation I despair of in eye shadows. And of course Bobbi is far, far more expensive, overcharges I think to an absurd extent for what one gets.

The wear:
For me all day, even under my eyes which can fall out after application, look very messy etc.
These last all day with me and stay nicely in place and don't seem to highlight any incipient lines either.

The colour choice:
Beautiful and extensive.

Price
Dirt cheap, they're almost giving them away, equivalent to a cheap, supermarket box of chocolates and sometimes cheaper than a chocolate bar when on offer, such as a recent offer of a gorgeous palette for £3.

I bought two palettes, the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Flawless Matte £8 and the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Beyond Flawless £8 and so now to last me for years. These have delighted me. They're both gorgeous and I certainly won't need to buy eyeshadow from anyone else, no matter what the gimmick of the high end brands, these feel luxurious, look luxurious - one can spoil oneself - & one's friends, for less than a quarter of other brands.

Edit: To all who wish to get value for money for their beauty pounds, I've noticed that many high end makeup palettes and other beauty products have their almost exact counterpoints made by makeup revolution at less than a quarter of the so called luxury brands. We all know that luxury is a perception rather than a tangible bonus, a perception that costs one 100% mark up at Bond Street retailers & other prestigious locations in London, meaning that one pays merely for the idea of luxury & prestige. Does the idea that you have paid 100% mark up on the true cost of a product make you feel happier or look prettier? My experience is that makeup revolution offers very similar products without this very greedy mark up in price, as do quite a few other manufacturers.