Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.3

I got Iconic 3 because I'm being a cheapskate and I heard so much raves about these palettes. Big mistake.
First off, the colours swatch wonderfully with your fingers but translate to a muddy mess on lids. The light shades don't show up at all (with only the pink and copper glitter shades in the middle showing) or show up like a reddish brown (similar to a bruise).

Fallout is terrible and they are the first and only eyeshadow so far to irritate my eyes (my eyes actually went red from using them). Even primer doesn't help and glitter falls within minutes(way more worse than UD naked). The shadow also disappears within the hour on my lids even with primer. I think the quality of ingredients here is too poor.

I have no idea why all the reviews sang such high praises for them, however, you are better off spending more to get Naked 2 or just finding dupes for your favourite shades. (I find my Etude House singles to work much better)

on 7/13/2017 4:54:00 AM

I have the Redemption 2 palette, a mix of matte and frosted shadows in neutral shades. I'm stunned by what you get for the price - very high-quality, long-wearing, versatile colour. It doesn't get wrecked at the first drop of rain (er, hello, Bobbi Brown) or wear off quickly (just about anything else). What's not to like?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm specifically reviewing the matte palette. Colors fade fast, and are difficult to blend. I've had better luck with covergirl and revlon eye shadows.

I do these reviews partly for myself, so I can look back and remember what I liked/disliked. Since so many people have reviewed their palettes highly, by all means give their palettes a shot, you won't be out of a lot of money if you're let down.

EDIT: Upping my rating to a 3, these shadows are workable. I went out and bought the milani eye primer & wet n wild photofinish setting spray. After priming my eyes I spritz my eyeshadow brush with the spray (to use as a foil) and apply the shadows to my lid. This makes the shadows less powdery, less muddy, blends better. For the cost of the eye primer, spray, and palette I could have just bought the urban decay naked basics 2 and be done...so I'm not thrilled but happy I can use the eye primer & spray for other cheap shadows I have

EDIT: Upping to a four, for the Reddemption Palette Iconic Elements. I prefer the shades here, love that there is matte and shimmer. The formula is more workable than the matte palette. I'm happy I've finally found a matte cool toned taupe. The champagne shimmer shade is lovely--no glitter, just shimmer, easy to blend, little fall out.

on 3/30/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is my first eyeshadow palette so my review may not be useful in terms of its quality as being a dupe of Urban Decays. I own iconic 3 palettes which I've used for the past 6 months without a problem. There is fallout but minimal, just under the eye, that you may need fixing during the day but it is not horrible enough that gives you panda eyes and the glitters are quite fine so it doesn't show up everywhere even when it falls out. The color range is awesome, universal shades that isn't exclusively warm but can be more neutral depends on your choice of color. I use my own Bobbi brown eyeshadow brush to apply this it's very easy to blend. Very good palette for beginners!

on 3/25/2017 8:49:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 palette, which is a dupe for the Lorac Pro 1 palette. I bought this last week and LOVE it. I used it several times when my daughter came home with the "real" Lorac palette that she bought at Ulta. So...I tried the Lorac palette and really noticed the similarity with the color and even the texture of the Makeup Revolution palette. So...the next day I did a comparison. On the left eye I used the Lorac palette, and on the right eye I used the Makeup Revolution palette. I even used different brushes on each eye so as not to transfer any product from one eye to the next. They looked identical and both wore beautifully during the day. I did not tell my daughter which eye was which, but she figured it only only because she said the Lorac eye looked a little bit smoother, but not significantly. So, here is may take: If you really really really want the Lorac palette and money is not an object -- get it! If money is tight, or you just love a good bargain, you will be very pleased with the Makeup Revolution palette. The Lorac palette was $42 or $44 at Ulta and the Makeup Revolution palette was $15.99 PLUS you can frequently get $3.50 of of $15 coupons from Ulta if you sign up for their membership program. Some of the Lorac colors are more pigmented than the Makeup Revolution palette, but it was also vice versa for a few shades. I will definetely go back to get more Makeup Revolution palettes! I hope this review helped!

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 2/1/2017 2:54:00 PM

they are very pigmented and buttery its true but ingredients are not good. They are really glittery and glitters are falling into your cheekbones. They are good for the price but dont expect highend quality.

on 1/24/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My drug store just started carrying these. There are so many of them, and no heading yet for this one so I'll put it under Revolution eye shadow palettes. This is the Salvation Palette Professional Eyeshadows, called Run Boy Run.

They have the usual shades, and I do hope to be able to create a bunch of nice looks. So far I haven't.
Anyway, it's just OK. It's a palette like all the others. Nothing special, good enough, not outstanding.

It's $15 in Canada, a lot less than the $55 to $80 for a similar palette at Sephora, and a good variety of shades.

Update next day: unfortunately this shadow caused an eyelid itch so I am giving it the lowest rating. Of course I realize not everybody is sensitive, but it's not even that great of a product. When I tried other shades in the palette I found that it's chalky, does not blend well, and has tons of fallout. Lesson learned, I will go back to my tried and true 2009 Clarins palette and a few others that never broke me out. It's my fault for believing youtube hype instead of believing negative reviews here.

What is the point in saving money on a cheap knockoff if it's made from questionable ingredients??? Beware. I returned it for a refund, explaining that I had a bad reaction to it.

on 12/22/2016 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is literally dangerous!! I had been using Art deco eyeshadows for a year or even longer, then I purchased this palette, just to try. My eyes were terribly itchy, red and tearful, which I am not used to at all and I was a bit scared.. Then I realised it all was caused by this palette! I have thrown it away immediately, it's a garbage. The packaging is bad too and the eyeshadows are poorly pigmented.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the Iconic 3 Redemption palette! The colors are SO pigmented! I wish there were more matte shades and some of the shimmery shades are literally just glitter. I wish those shades were pure shimmer shades, not loose glitter. There are some shades in the palette that I never use, such as the first shimmery color on the very left, since it's just loose glitter. But other than that, this is a very good palette.