Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.6

on 1/24/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My drug store just started carrying these. There are so many of them, and no heading yet for this one so I'll put it under Revolution eye shadow palettes. This is the Salvation Palette Professional Eyeshadows, called Run Boy Run.

They have the usual shades, and I do hope to be able to create a bunch of nice looks. So far I haven't.
Anyway, it's just OK. It's a palette like all the others. Nothing special, good enough, not outstanding.

It's $15 in Canada, a lot less than the $55 to $80 for a similar palette at Sephora, and a good variety of shades.

Update next day: unfortunately this shadow caused an eyelid itch so I am giving it the lowest rating. Of course I realize not everybody is sensitive, but it's not even that great of a product. When I tried other shades in the palette I found that it's chalky, does not blend well, and has tons of fallout. Lesson learned, I will go back to my tried and true 2009 Clarins palette and a few others that never broke me out. It's my fault for believing youtube hype instead of believing negative reviews here.

What is the point in saving money on a cheap knockoff if it's made from questionable ingredients??? Beware. I returned it for a refund, explaining that I had a bad reaction to it.

on 12/22/2016 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is literally dangerous!! I had been using Art deco eyeshadows for a year or even longer, then I purchased this palette, just to try. My eyes were terribly itchy, red and tearful, which I am not used to at all and I was a bit scared.. Then I realised it all was caused by this palette! I have thrown it away immediately, it's a garbage. The packaging is bad too and the eyeshadows are poorly pigmented.

on 8/2/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Anything I own from makeup revolution is of low quality, especially the eyeshadows. Very disappointing. I don't get the hype

on 1/26/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this palette to use it for practicing on eye makeup and also for starting to use other colors than I usually wear. I regret that I bought this cheap palette instead of a pricier palette with better quality. It isn’t terrible just not the quality I was looking for.

Pros:
The color selection is wonderful
The package is good
Very affordable
The colors are easy to blend
Cons:
The smell of the products are terrible, it smells of chemicals
Some of the colors are not very pigmented this was the biggest disappointment.
Some of the colors are very powdery
The product does not last very long after application.

EDIT: This one goes in the trash! It made my eyes turn red

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Mermaids Forever palette and yes it was the packaging that made me buy it and the fact that it said mermaid on it. I contains 32 shades, a mixture of mostly shimmers and some mattes.

The mattes are absolutely terrible with zero pigmentation like don't bother. The shimmer shades are mostly not bad, the blues, greens and browns being the best. the most disappointing moment of this palette was swatching this deeper cranberry shade along the bottoms row and it literally has NO pigment at all, like instant hardpan. I've dug at that colour but none comes off at all. The texture is similar to shadows from Sleek cosmetics where they're more shine than pigment but less pigmented and very prone to hardpan. Really disappointing especially after all the hype around this company. Might use some of the shimmer shades on the lid for going out but I'm hesitant to try out any other palettes from them.

on 8/7/2016 11:50:00 AM

I bought "Beyond Flawless" Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow palette containing (I believe) 32 eyeshadows. I thought priced at £8 it was a bargain for the variety of shades, featuring several nudes, rose pinks and browns. However the quality of this product is a real let down. They are not highly pigmented at all - I feel like I would have to use the whole lot to have any sort of colour show up on my eyelids. The lighter shades perhaps create a very slight shimmer however the dark colours look more like a light bruise than eyeshadow. The product also actually smells like a paint palette rather than a palette of eyeshadows so that wasn't very pleasant.

I regret having bought this product although will try to use it again. However I would recommend instead of spending a little amount for a very low quality product I would invest in a palette by brand such as Urban Decay or ABH instead.

on 7/26/2016 6:41:00 AM

This is my second experience with a Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette and this time it's the "FAST LOVE" palette. It comes in a very simple, yet elegant case with 10 matte and 22 shimmery shadows.

The shadows did not seem very pigmented and the matte ones didn't show on the eyelids at all. I had to use quite a large portion for my eyeshadow to look visible. I believe they will show better on the eyelids with a bit of concealer/ primers but I would highly recommend the other Makeup Revolution palettes over this any time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought the Salted Caramel (dupe for Too Faced Semi Sweet). I previously only used MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadow so I may be spoiled, but I was disappointed with this. I read MANY MANY reviews on this product online but maybe I should have taken them with a grain of salt because a lot of bloggers get sent the items. This palette was touted as being exactly the same as high end products. It's too good to be true in my opinion. I also bought the Pink Fizz chocolate palette as a gift for my makeup loving friend just so the $16 CAD shipping cost could be justified. The palette smells nice like a toffee or cookie kind of smell. I was actually satisfied with the mattes in the palette.

My complaint is about all of the shimmers surprisingly, like another reviewer said, the best way to describe them is "slimy." They are hard to pick up with a brush. (My brushes are all clean and high quality so it's not the brush) If you touch your finger or too dense of a brush to them they get all hard and filmy, but shiny, and little pieces (not powderyness, but chunks) break off. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Because of the texture the pigmentation is really bad. I was so fed up with these shimmer shades that I ended up removing them, and I have done this before with other eyeshadows I was not satisfied with in palettes. The entire powder usually breaks down and turns into a loose powder. With these shadows, they just all came out in one piece because the texture was so non-finely milled and slimy. They also haven't seem to mastered the technique of putting one color of shimmer in the eyeshadow, either gold/purple/silver or whatever matches with the product. The shimmer was multicolor. I find that a lot of drugstore eyeshadows seem to be this way, the shimmer never color coordinates. If you think of good eyeshadow: finely milled, soft, pigmented, this was basically the opposite for me.

I don't regret this purchase too much because I got to get a gift for my friend which she said she liked, but I would never buy from Makeup Revolution again. Yeah, they're praised for being cheap, but for me, this palette was $16 CAD and the shipping was another $16 CAD. Together they add up to $32 which honestly I can buy some good mid-range makeup at Sephora with that kind of money. I learned my lesson about not buying things I can't try or return, and you really get what you pay for. I was hoping this would replace my Naked1 of 6 years that I finished (I like to keep one neutral palette around as my only eyeshadow) but it was a huge fail. I recently got the Too Faced Natural eye palette, got rid of the eyeshadows (Kept the case for a mirror) and am never looking back.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was intensely disappointed by this palette (Iconic 3). I'd heard so many great things about it being a good dupe for Naked 3 and that the shadows were soft and pigmented - unfortunately neither were true for me. Many of the most interesting/pretty shades (the rosy gold shades) were extremely flakey and difficult to work with, creating lots of fall out and hardly any pigmentation. I've tried to use this a couple of different ways, but continue to be disappointed by it no matter what kind of look I create. The price is good but the quality is unfortunate.